Flashed Pixel 4a with Pixel 5 image by mistake

Search This thread

capozide

Aug 15, 2022
Sorry to necro this thread but I'm doing through the same issue OP is having with my 4a. I accidentally flashed the 4a 5G bramble image to my 4a sunfish phone. Now it's stuck in QDL mode.

I have QFIL, but from the mbn zip posted on the second page of the thread, there are tons of folders in here all with different mbn files, and they all seem to be associated with various carriers. I have the unlocked all carriers version of the phone so I'm unsure of which one to use. Has anyone successfully flashed one of these mbn files to their bricked 4a?

Update: I found out that the generic unlocked all carrier version of the .mbn is in the "generic\common\Wildcard" folder. However when I try to open it with QFIL doing a flat build, it doesn't recognize the file (even though it is there in file explorer, and I have the .mbn file extension selected when trying to set the path in QFIL). Any help on this would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Bapr

Nov 8, 2013
Guys,
I have similar problem with Pixel 4a5G (chipset SDM765)
Flashed the boot.img for sunfish on bramble device and now bricked

I found the following files in a software called “ANDROID_UFS_1061C”:
prog_ufs_firehose_Sdm765_lite_picasso_sig_rb1.elf
prog_ufs_firehose_Sdm765_ddr_picasso_sig_rb1.elf

Do you think those are the programer files? Which one have to be used?
I need only to restore boot.img on my phone but no idea how to...

a1291762

Nov 20, 2012
yasmar.net
I have similar problem with Pixel 4a5G (chipset SDM765)
Flashed the boot.img for sunfish on bramble device and now bricked
Flashing boot.img shouldn't brick. You should still be able to boot to fastboot and then flash the correct boot image, or a whole factory image if it's really not happy.

Flashing the wrong factory image will definitely destroy things. I kinda wonder why they don't have checks like "hw is x, sw is for y"...

Bapr

Nov 8, 2013
Checking the history, I see what ruined the loader:

9266 ./fastboot flash boot boot.img
9267 ./fastboot flash boot master_root.img
9268 ./fastboot flash bootloader sunfish-sq3a.220705.003.a1/bootloader-sunfish-s5-0.4-8351029.img
9269 ./fastboot reboot-bootloader

Not sure if this is recoverable now :(

Top Liked Posts