• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Flashed TWRP, but no OS is working

Search This thread

asaeles

Jun 23, 2021
Redmi Note 8, I've successfully installed TWRP, then without taking backup attempted to wipe everything (including vendor & system).
Wiping of data failed.
Tried installing Pixel OS (non Plus version using ADB side loading), the OS started with the Google logo then it rebooted to TWRP.
Then I formatted data using Ext2 then using Ext4 then tried to wipe everything again and it worked (wiping everything system, data and vendor).
Tried installing Pixel OS again, but this time not even the Google logo appeared, just Redmi and then it reboots to TWRP.
I tried installing Pixel OS Plus, same.
I tried installing stock Mi ROM Global, this time it is stuck on the MIUI logo without doing anything, I have to reboot into recovery manually.
Now the only thing working on this piece of metal is TWRP, what to do?
Oh, and one more thing, even though now TWRP doesn't show red error lines and writes successful after OS installation, there is only one line that bothers me on the screen saying: init_user0_failed, but it's not in red.

asaeles

Jun 23, 2021
One more question, is there a PC software for Xiaomi just like iTunes for Apple where I can restore my phone just like the day I bought it?

mwaseem851

Dec 3, 2020
Redmi Note 8, I've successfully installed TWRP, then without taking backup attempted to wipe everything (including vendor & system).
Wiping of data failed.
Tried installing Pixel OS (non Plus version using ADB side loading), the OS started with the Google logo then it rebooted to TWRP.
Then I formatted data using Ext2 then using Ext4 then tried to wipe everything again and it worked (wiping everything system, data and vendor).
Tried installing Pixel OS again, but this time not even the Google logo appeared, just Redmi and then it reboots to TWRP.
I tried installing Pixel OS Plus, same.
I tried installing stock Mi ROM Global, this time it is stuck on the MIUI logo without doing anything, I have to reboot into recovery manually.
Now the only thing working on this piece of metal is TWRP, what to do?
Oh, and one more thing, even though now TWRP doesn't show red error lines and writes successful after OS installation, there is only one line that bothers me on the screen saying: init_user0_failed, but it's not in red.
You should ask this at Redmi Note 8 forum. This place is for Redmi 8.