Flashing a Custom ROM on 6T T-Mobile?

Search This thread

oooscasianooo

Jan 14, 2009
Hey all,

Are Oneplus 6T T-Mobile users able to flash custom roms?

A few months ago I tried everything to flash Xtended or Lineage, but I was getting the bootloop/reboots. I tried converting to international, among other things, but nothing worked, and if it did, it was very buggy (managed to flash MIUI, but couldn't use it as a daily driver. Updated to Android 10 after International, but a lot of weird bugs like missing emojis, etc.)

I haven't seen anyone mention or talk about it, but if you have a T-Mobile OP6T, can you still flash a custom rom?

Reactions: blazen2000

flash713

May 7, 2015
Google Pixel 6
From what I've read and I've read just about everything there is for this device as long as you covert to international and move to 10.3.4 firmware then custom roms should work at this time.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using XDA Labs

cwtechshiz

Aug 18, 2016
I've flashed just about everything onto mine with no issues.. Ended up going back to oos 10 just because of certain features I couldn't live without though, however i ditched the t-mobile version for the international and modified a few things with magisk and twrp. The only time I have been caught in a bootloop is when I didn't want to wipe the data partition and something didn't play nice. Or going from andriod 9 to a 10 rom or 10 back to 9 without completely wiping everything and starting with the stock 9 or 10 before flashing. Was kind of weird and this is just how i got it to work for me, after lots of retrys

raven.warsong

Apr 5, 2011
I've flashed just about everything onto mine with no issues.. Ended up going back to oos 10 just because of certain features I couldn't live without though, however i ditched the t-mobile version for the international and modified a few things with magisk and twrp. The only time I have been caught in a bootloop is when I didn't want to wipe the data partition and something didn't play nice. Or going from andriod 9 to a 10 rom or 10 back to 9 without completely wiping everything and starting with the stock 9 or 10 before flashing. Was kind of weird and this is just how i got it to work for me, after lots of retrys

ya flash international then upgrade to 10 unlock bootloader

im on tmobel flash to international and now running linage works great

flash713

May 7, 2015
Google Pixel 6
@oooscasianooo No issues on my end. I converted my tmo 6t to international then upgraded to 10.3.4 then flashed RR rom first attempt all booted no issues on 10.3.4 or RR at all.

How I installed rom:
boot twrp (by mauronofrio) , flash oos 10.3.4,, flash twrp installer zip, reboot recovery, flash oos 10.3.4, flash twrp installer zip, reboot recovery, flash rom, (if rom has gapps included) format data, wipe data & cache,flash twrp installer zip, reboot system.

Or with finalize zip that copies firmware to other slot for you...

Boot twrp, flash OOS 10.3.4, flash rom w/gapps included, flash twrp installer zip, flash finalize zip, format data, wipe data & cache, reboot system.

If rom does not have included gapps you just have to reboot recovery before you flash your gapps package then reboot system afterwards.. Evo X has twrp and gapps so it's even a shorter time frame for installation.. just boot twrp, flash OOS 10.3.4, flash Evo X rom, flash finalize zip, format data, wipe data & cache , reboot system.

(Edited)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey all,

Are Oneplus 6T T-Mobile users able to flash custom roms?

A few months ago I tried everything to flash Xtended or Lineage, but I was getting the bootloop/reboots. I tried converting to international, among other things, but nothing worked, and if it did, it was very buggy (managed to flash MIUI, but couldn't use it as a daily driver. Updated to Android 10 after International, but a lot of weird bugs like missing emojis, etc.)

I haven't seen anyone mention or talk about it, but if you have a T-Mobile OP6T, can you still flash a custom rom?