Flashing boot.img.tar in Odin...

Search This thread

SB13X

Jun 14, 2010
England, UK
Hi all,

My first foray into Samsung modification has me wanting to install a patched Magisk boot.img through Odin. However I've never used the tool before and documentation for people new to Samsung with this device is thin on the ground as are any step by step YouTube videos for the latest ODIN for this purpose, so I have looked.

Which option do I use in ODIN to flash the patched_boot.img.tar through? Do I simply tap AP in the latest ODIN build and select the aforementioned image and then enter Download mode and hit Start? Or is there anything further I need to do to the patched_boot.img.tar?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

davidzam

Apr 12, 2011
Mérida
Thankyou :) Unfortunately it didn't work and bootloops/hangs at boot. Have you managed to install Magisk with the new method?
Hi. I need a bit of help. How did you manage to extract the boot image from your devise to install Magisk? I don’t have a nano backup and my phone is bricked, but i have the firmware ready to flash via ODIN, and I wold like to procced to install this new root method. Thanks.

Shiphilis

Feb 24, 2019
First you must install magisk manager then open option>>patched boot output format change to .img.tar only for odin>>then install patch boot img (you can find boot img in firmware.mobi) wait until done>> move patched boot.img.tar to pc then install it with odin
Done!!! Now you hawe magisk installed on your device
Sorry for my bad english

Top Liked Posts