How To Guide Flashing ColorOs 12 on Oppo reno6 5G CPH2251

Search This thread

macslui

Nov 1, 2007
OnePlus Nord
OnePlus 8T
I flash more that 5 times but not signs to power up.. Even no recovery no charging wiget
The problem is that now you do not have preloader on your phone.
You have to flash preloader using SP Flash Tool version 5.2148.

Prior to flash preloader with the tool you have to perform:

python mtk payload (to prepare phone to be flashed with SP Flash Tool)

In flash tool you need only Scatter Loading File and your previously backedup preloader.bin

In my case, I've changed also Dowload Agent using the one provided by mtk client (path \mtkclient-main\mtkclient\Loader) -> MTK_AllInOne_DA_5.2152.bin

Nand kumar

Aug 12, 2017
OPPO Reno 6 5G

In flash tool you need only Scatter Loading File and your previously backedup preloader.bin

In my case, I've changed also Dowload Agent using the one provided by mtk client (path \mtkclient-main\mtkclient\Loader) -> MTK_AllInOne_DA_5.2152.bin
I have updated the tutorial with step5 flash prelooader if required.

Reactions: macslui

Cosmicsh

Apr 6, 2022

Yes thanks for advice but after nandbabai add other extra method and he helped me personaly with files my problem was resolve and not at 11.3 my bettry backup, and speed is also increased like new... Hope this helped others tooo..

__arvind.106

Apr 25, 2022
Hey Guys,
Many users downgraded their ColorOs12 to ColorOs11.3 on oppo reno6 5G device due to many bugs on it, they want to install ColorOs12 but they are not getting OTA update, they are wandering how can they install ColorOs 12 back on their phone, So, here I have come up with a method to directly flash ColorOS12.

Note: Data will(or might) be erased in this method so please take backup of you data on phone.

This has been tested on Indian version, I am not sure if it will work for other countries.

I strongly recommend to take full firmware backup using method below before proceeding

Step1: Pre-requisite -Installing required drivers and setup
From link below download drivers and setup.

Install mediatek driver.
Install python (during installation of python please select "install for all user" from customization and tick add path to system variable)

install usbdk.
download extarct Mtk client tool.
go to folder where you extract mtk client
View attachment 5541629
open cmd here and run below command

cd mtkclient
pip3 install -r requirements.txt

In default setting it takes 2 hour to flash but after change it takes 13 min. If you want to increase flashing speed then open mtk_daxflash.py file from library folder, search "dsize = min(length, 0x200)" and replace it with "dsize = min(length, 0x2004)" , save and close the file.
You need to close command prompt in order to take effect of change.

Reference(https://github.com/bkerler/mtkclient/issues/271)

Step2: Download and extract the ColorOs 12 firmware

View attachment 5555715

Step3: Flash the firmware
on cmd type below command to flash the firmware
python mtk wl "ROM location full path"

it will wait for devices.. Power off the phone, wait 10 sec then press vol up + vol down together and then plug the usb cable.
Once device detected , it will display devices information and start flashing
View attachment 5541639

View attachment 5541641

View attachment 5541645

While flashing it will dump the preloader, this file is very important so, please keep this file safely. this file may require in future.
View attachment 5541661

Step4: Boot the phone
Once flashing completed, press vol up + power button together for 30 sec. Wait for device to boot.

Step5: Flashing the preloader.bin (only if required)
In case, even after flashing completed successfully but some time device does not boot, only black screen, no charging sign either then don't panic, device has entered into emergency download mode, if you face the same then it's time to flash preloader.bin file. Follow below steps

1) download SP flash tool specific version v5.2148. (https://androidmtk.com/smart-phone-flash-tool)
2) download attached preloader.bin, scatter file and auth file from link below and place all these files at same folder.

3) open sp flash tool, select download agent files from mtk folder as shown on image and load scater file and auth files respectively.
View attachment 5581171
4) In cmd run command "python mtk payload". Now press and hold vol+ vol- or all the buttons together, it should show payload sent successfully.
5) Now in sp flash tool click on Download button, it should flash the preloader successfully.
6) once preloader is flash successfully you can turn on the phone by pressing vol+ and power button together for 20 sec. If attached preloader does't flash then you can try flashing your device backup preloader.bin created/shown on step3.

so by this way we directly flashed ColorOS 12 on oppo reno6 5G.

Tips: If due to some reason flashing did not completed successfully then please press vol up and power button together for 30-40 sec to boot the phone (exit the brom mode).

Disclaimer: I have tested this method on my phone, it's 100% working but I will not responsible if damage any damage happens to your device while doing this. So do it at your own risk.
Excellent Brother i understand easily this process and i does successfully this i like your post and we love you brother

__arvind.106

Apr 25, 2022
I have successfully processed this. I am now in Color os 12 with help Nand bro 😚☺️

Attachments

• IMG_20220426_135944_916.jpg
    IMG_20220426_135944_916.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 48

adriano84sa

Feb 8, 2013

adriano84sa

Feb 8, 2013
Are you on windows 11 or 10? My guide was tested on windows 10 . I don't know if it will work on 11 .
Please install all the drivers properly
Cattura.PNG

Cattura2.PNG

No work for me, in windows 10 too.
I installed everything there was to install and I gave all the commands there was to give.

when I start the command everything is waiting for the phone, I press the two volume keys and insert the cable, but the error is always this

ronello

Feb 28, 2010
Mumbai
Does anybody have the Color OS 13 beta version CPH2251.11.F42? i observed that the ColorOS 13 official just disabled 5G Dual Sim dual Standby that the beta in reference had in developer options.

alexrayx

Jun 12, 2017
Hey Guys,
Many users downgraded their ColorOs12 to ColorOs11.3 on oppo reno6 5G device due to many bugs on it, they want to install ColorOs12 but they are not getting OTA update, they are wandering how can they install ColorOs 12 back on their phone, So, here I have come up with a method to directly flash ColorOS12.

Note: Data will(or might) be erased in this method so please take backup of you data on phone.

This has been tested on Indian version, I am not sure if it will work for other countries.

I strongly recommend to take full firmware backup using method below before proceeding

Install mediatek driver.
Install python (during installation of python please select "install for all user" from customization and tick add path to system variable)

install usbdk.
View attachment 5541629

cd mtkclient

In default setting it takes 2 hour to flash but after change it takes 13 min. If you want to increase flashing speed then open mtk_daxflash.py file from library folder, search "dsize = min(length, 0x200)" and replace it with "dsize = min(length, 0x2004)" , save and close the file.

View attachment 5555715

it will wait for devices.. Power off the phone, wait 10 sec then press vol up + vol down together and then plug the usb cable.
View attachment 5541639

View attachment 5541641

View attachment 5541645

While flashing it will dump the preloader, this file is very important so, please keep this file safely. this file may require in future.
View attachment 5541661

Once flashing completed, press vol up + power button together for 30 sec. Wait for device to boot.

In case, even after flashing completed successfully but some time device does not boot, only black screen, no charging sign either then don't panic, device has entered into emergency download mode, if you face the same then it's time to flash preloader.bin file. Follow below steps

1) download SP flash tool specific version v5.2148. (https://androidmtk.com/smart-phone-flash-tool)
2) download attached preloader.bin, scatter file and auth file from link below and place all these files at same folder.

3) open sp flash tool, select download agent files from mtk folder as shown on image and load scater file and auth files respectively.
View attachment 5581171
4) In cmd run command "python mtk payload". Now press and hold vol+ vol- or all the buttons together, it should show payload sent successfully.
5) Now in sp flash tool click on Download button, it should flash the preloader successfully.
6) once preloader is flash successfully you can turn on the phone by pressing vol+ and power button together for 20 sec. If attached preloader does't flash then you can try flashing your device backup preloader.bin created/shown on step3.

Tips: If due to some reason flashing did not completed successfully then please press vol up and power button together for 30-40 sec to boot the phone (exit the brom mode).

Disclaimer: I have tested this method on my phone, it's 100% working but I will not responsible if damage any damage happens to your device while doing this. So do it at your own risk.
hey man when i flashed this rom it locked my phone *network lock* and i could not revert back do u have the 16 digit code to unlock it or sugget me something to fix it the rom is indian as i can see and its region locked to what ithink is your sim card company so id thank u if u give me that code or help me get my sim working you can hit me up on discord too Artemis👽#7480

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-06-05-16-15-41-59_66bbe5394a2a96e19a4b2610f16d026d.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-06-05-16-15-41-59_66bbe5394a2a96e19a4b2610f16d026d.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 16

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey Guys,

Install mediatek driver.

install usbdk.
    View attachment 5541629

cd mtkclient

1646738409409.png

View attachment 5541639

View attachment 5541641

View attachment 5541645

View attachment 5541661

View attachment 5581171

Yes, you can try. I recommend you to take full firmware backup before doing this as explained in guide.
    Hi all, everything ok now. I've flashed COS12 and now my phone is non more brand (vodafone) related.

Glade to hear that you removed brand using thus method.👌👌

I have updated the tutorial with step5 flash prelooader if required.