Question Flashing CPH2459_11_A.06 on a GN2200_11_A.06 ?

Search This thread

Rogo00

Jun 22, 2022
OnePlus Nord N20 5G
Hello,

I found a firmware file for the Nord N20 5g. However, it is CPH2459_11_A.06, while my phone says it is GN2200_11_A.06. Would it still be possible to do a local update to pull the boot image, or must the CPH and GN match? I have the T-Mobile version, bootloader unlocked, and network unlocked , along with the July security patch.
Thanks!

Last edited:

PsYk0n4uT

If the OTA contains patches for all the required images then it SHOULD. But don't take my word on that.
What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Do you simply need a backup? It would probably be best to load a prerooter gsi with DSU sideloader and just use Partitions Backup and Restore app from playstore and backup all your partitions then just add them all to a single archive to make it easier to manage. You can select in options to save as raw (.img) and then just compress them all into a single archive and that would make it even easier to retrieve the needed partition images if you happen to need to restore anything.

Rogo00

Jun 22, 2022
OnePlus Nord N20 5G
If the OTA contains patches for all the required images then it SHOULD. But don't take my word on that.
What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Do you simply need a backup? It would probably be best to load a prerooter gsi with DSU sideloader and just use Partitions Backup and Restore app from playstore and backup all your partitions then just add them all to a single archive to make it easier to manage. You can select in options to save as raw (.img) and then just compress them all into a single archive and that would make it even easier to retrieve the needed partition images if you happen to need to restore anything.
I see. Basically I'm just trying to obtain root access. You mentioned prerooted gsi? I will need to read up more on this. Man this would be a lot easier with TWRP lol

PsYk0n4uT

waiting to hear from someone about a twrp that has been in the works. we tried one yesterday that didnt work. a different device tree is needed from the one that was used.
using DSU loader you can temporarily load a prerooted gsi and back everything up and move it to your pc and then move the boot.img to your internal storage where you can easily find it with the magisk app. install and load the magisk app and patch the boot.img then move the patched boot image to your pc and flash it in fastboot. that will give you a permanent root unless you prefer to stick with the gsi you sideloaded. but keep in mind any gsi you load with DSU Sideloader will be gone when you reboot the phone and your back to your regular system. you can use the sticky command if you want to keep the gsi installed but be sure to allocate plenty of space for your gsi if you plan on using it long term

PsYk0n4uT

if your on the may or july security patch you should be able to just download the patched boot.img from my other thread. i posted the stock images too in case you need to go back to stock or have issues booting. that being said. its best to just make your own backups. the july patch is GN2200_11_A.06

Rogo00

Jun 22, 2022
OnePlus Nord N20 5G
if your on the may or july security patch you should be able to just download the patched boot.img from my other thread. i posted the stock images too in case you need to go back to stock or have issues booting. that being said. its best to just make your own backups. the july patch is GN2200_11_A.06
I didn't know you did the July patch as well. I will check it out now

PsYk0n4uT

Someone else has tried this and lost radios..... Can maybe get everything working again by reflashing the FULL BACKUP you took before cross flashing.... This would be an experiment though so don't attempt if your not ready to spend some time researching and unbricking your device should it be necessary

Top Liked Posts