Flashing custom boot splash images if you've got the newer 0013d SPL (S-on)

Search This thread

HyeProfile

Dec 11, 2007
Montreal
www.hyeprofile.com
So I was just following the guide in this thread to flash a custom boot splash image (getting tired of the Rogers logo during the constant reboots), but I got the following message whenever I tried flashing with fastboot:
sending 'splash1' (300 KB)... OKAY [ 0.476s]
writing 'splash1'... INFOsignature checking...
FAILED (remote: signature verify fail)
finished. total time: 0.570​
Then I remembered that the .0013d SPL is an S-on SPL based on the Perfected SPL, so you can't use it to flash unsigned images...

So I looked in this thread to figure out how to temporarily restore an engineering or danger SPL:
If you just temporarily need an engineering SPL (and recovery is working):
(and have SPL 1.33.0013 + radio 2.22.27.08):

1) Nanroid backup
2) Flash (via recovery) ENG SPL 1.33.2005 **
3) do what you need to in the engineering SPL
4) reflash 1.33.0013d as above (install, reboot bootloader, fastboot erase)
5) restore nandroid

** Please remember if you have CustomMTD to remove it before flashing a SPL of Radio from recovery

Now I have CustomMTD, but that's simple enough to remove temporarily by flashing Firerat's remove-v1.5.8-Beta-CustomMTD_S.zip file from recovery, but I don't want to make a mess of everything else. Is the process above simple enough and bulletproof?

Should have flashed the goddamned custom images back when I had DangerSPL...

Last edited:

MattDrumz

Oct 25, 2009
Seattle
Yeah, I was just thinking about doing the same thing, but then I remembered that I have the 1.33.0013d SPL.

The process for getting the 1.33.2005 SPL and flashing the splash image isn't that bad though, I just think it's a little bit too much to do for something like that.