• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Flashing Custom Splash Screens on Kaiser

Search This thread

pof

Retired Moderator
Mar 18, 2005
Barcelona
pof.eslack.org
Instructions for flashing custom splash screens on HTC Kaiser:

1. Install HardSPL.
2. Create a BMP file in paint, size must be 240x320, save it as BMP 24bit.
3. Download SplashTool
4. Load your BMP on nb_image_converter (included in SplashTool's zip) and save it as splash.nb
5. Open SplashTool.exe and convert splash.nb to new format.
6. Pack the resulting splash.nb into a NBH file using htc rom tool.
7. Flash your cusotm NBH using CustomRUU.

Enjoy your new splash screen! :D

zachto

Aug 28, 2007
San Jose Ca.

Hi pof.

This is a great idea and I thank you for the instructions but I got to #6 and am so new to ROM building(virgin, in fact :eek: ) that I must ask....

In the htc rom tool do I leave all fields blank except for the splash screen entry? And where do I enter that? I assume that I type splash.nb into the splash1 field.

Else, do I fill in all of the fields such as country ID, version, IPL?

many thanks.
karlo

patr!k

Feb 2, 2007
one more question. does this flash delete my current tytn's settings (do i need to flash splash screens after hard reset or anytime)?

datacrime

Jul 17, 2006
re

Is there a way to make a .cab file to change the bootsplash image? Also i see some custom roms have a 3d intro (maybe flash?) how would i go about doing this?

Thanks

Nadavi

Mar 14, 2005
Splash Screen Collection....

To change Splash Boot screen, made a picture 320x320 pixel 96dpi save it in .png and rename in welcomehead.96.png

Use Resco Explorer, copy, paste and replace the welcomehead.96.png in folder Windows, make a soft reset. :)

May be WE can all put some more Splash Screen, so we will have a collection eventually...

Just a thought :)

Nadavi..

jadehawk

Oct 20, 2007
Animated?

Since the image is in .png format is it safe to assume that we can NOT load an animated splash screen??.. Also does flashing via the steps in the first post accomplishes the same as replacing the welcomhead.96.png manually??

Thank you..

Deathace

Apr 8, 2006
Sitting here aint I
jadehawk: you are correct that the welcomehead.96.png is non-animated, if you create an animated .gif and rename it to .png it may work in some programs that read inside the file for the relevant code to know how to display it but most programs including the wm6 bootup hook will not display it how it should so don't bother :)

Just to clarify that the original post by pof is "THE ONLY WAY" at present to replace the splash screen on initial boot of the phone, the welcomehead.96.png usage is on windows boot (some people have a 3rd animated .gif in between the 2, but this doesn't work on all models even with the registry entries in place, i have tried on my T-Mobile).

hope that helps.

Russ

jadehawk

Oct 20, 2007
Thank you

Great thank you for clearing that out.. for now I am just happy replacing the animated.gif file in the windows folder with something other than the HTC animated one.. I have tried to make my own ROM using the kaiser kitchen but so far It has never worked at least not like the really simple tutorials I have found here.. still waiting for a better tutorial with screenshots and all.. so far i will stick with the ones I get from here and use the sprite backup to restore the applications I want loaded in the ROM.. thank you

ilordvader

Oct 27, 2007
Mumbai
Hey
when i try to instal
the 3 files u said
a window pops up & says
not a wm appliction

can u help

1. Install HardSPL.
2. Create a BMP file in paint, size must be 240x320, save it as BMP 24bit.
3. Download SplashTool
4. Load your BMP on nb_image_converter (included in SplashTool's zip) and save it as splash.nb
5. Open SplashTool.exe and convert splash.nb to new format.

xdaking

Nov 13, 2006
jadehawk: you are correct that the welcomehead.96.png is non-animated, if you create an animated .gif and rename it to .png it may work in some programs that read inside the file for the relevant code to know how to display it but most programs including the wm6 bootup hook will not display it how it should so don't bother :)

Just to clarify that the original post by pof is "THE ONLY WAY" at present to replace the splash screen on initial boot of the phone, the welcomehead.96.png usage is on windows boot (some people have a 3rd animated .gif in between the 2, but this doesn't work on all models even with the registry entries in place, i have tried on my T-Mobile).

hope that helps.

Russ

thank you for your help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I keep getting the same error on htc rom tool 1.1.4 and its starting to piss me off lol

ERROR: Signing process is not successful. Signer service output:
    ImageHash version 1.0
    !SignImage: Could not obtain a crypto context. Error=0x5
    An error ocurred during signing ...

every time i try to run build please help i am new to this lol

this is the htc rom tool that i use brother, please try it!!!