Question Flashing different roms prone to hard brick?

Search This thread
Good day mates I'm a new poco f3 user and I recently unlocked my bootloader and now I'm planning to flash custom roms just as planned but after gathering some infos on telegram our device is prone to hard brick when it comes to flashing custom rom can someone enlighten me what to do to avoid hard bricking my device?

When jumping between Custom ROMs, always flash Stock ROM between those. Dirty flashing from one Custom ROM to another can lead to a brick.

Also, when using your PC to flash a ROM, make sure everything is stable: The cable, the USB port, your PC itself, that your phone has enough battery...

If you need help, you can message me. I can also give you my Discord or Telegram if you want. I've done flashing many times at this point and also had issues along the way.

Reactions: ibhast

NetteyLegend

Aug 27, 2018
When jumping between Custom ROMs, always flash Stock ROM between those. Dirty flashing from one Custom ROM to another can lead to a brick.

Also, when using your PC to flash a ROM, make sure everything is stable: The cable, the USB port, your PC itself, that your phone has enough battery...

If you need help, you can message me. I can also give you my Discord or Telegram if you want. I've done flashing many times at this point and also had issues along the way.
My device is fine now but yeah I agree to you. I soft brick mine. Is global rom enough (Any global rom for poco f3. Miui 13 global) or I need to go back to the version when i purchase my poco f3 (around miui 12.5.5 Global).

My device is fine now but yeah I agree to you. I soft brick mine. Is global rom enough (Any global rom for poco f3. Miui 13 global) or I need to go back to the version when i purchase my poco f3 (around miui 12.5.5 Global).
The latest Stock ROM is enough... EU or Global... doesn't matter. :)

However when re-locking your bootloader, make sure to use the original Region :)

Reactions: ibhast

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sure Google it
    yup, i have to agree. read up on it all, make sure you get every step correct. read read read!!!

good luck
    As a more experienced user of custom roms i can safely say that if you follow all reccommended steps, you'll be fine. I've been using custom roms exclusively on my F3

The latest Stock ROM is enough... EU or Global... doesn't matter. :)

However when re-locking your bootloader, make sure to use the original Region :)