• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Flashing Dirty Unicorns ROM 14.4

Search This thread

bradical711

Aug 26, 2017
Google Pixel 4 XL
Hello. I want to flash Dirty Unicorns ROM 14.4 on my 4 xl but they don't have installation instructions posted anywhere on their website. (Has to be commen knowledge and I just don't know how to do it yet.) Anyways, is the installation process the same as other ROM's for the 4 xl? DU ROM have the radio IMG, boot IMG, and the ROM zip. From what I've read on other ROM's, it's BL first, factory reset in recovery, then flash ROM zip from stock recovery, would that work for DU ROM? Where would the radio IMG fit in terms of what's flashed first second etc? Do I have to switch boot slots? If so, do I have to do it manually? Is it necessary to flash the radio if I'm already on June update? Is this stuff common knowledge and I'm a dingaling.?:p Thank you in advance to anyone who can answer any and all of my questions! Still kinda new to having an unlocked BL and flashing custom ROM's etc. Thank you!!!:cowboy::)

Last edited:

asif4self

Nov 1, 2010
Sialkot
Pixel 4 XL flashing instructions

If this is your first time flashing DU on your Pixel
1. Download boot.img and ROM zip from DU server
2. Reboot into bootloader and flash the boot.img

fastboot flash --slot all boot boot.img

3. Reboot to recovery
4. Go to recovery select factory reset
5. Select Apply update from ADB to flash the zip

adb sideload nameofbuild.zip

6. Reboot and enjoy

Updating DU for your Pixel
1. Download ROM zip from DU server
2. Reboot into recovery and select Apply update from ADB to flash the zip
3. Reboot system now and enjoy

bradical711

Aug 26, 2017
Google Pixel 4 XL

3. Reboot to recovery

6. Reboot and enjoy

NVM!!!

Attachments

• 20200705_034930.jpg
    20200705_034930.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 379
Last edited:
Reactions: jmac052002

Curiousn00b

Dec 3, 2011
Delaware
LG G7 ThinQ
Google Pixel 4 XL

Did you ever get it up and running? Looking at the second part of your photo, you were flashing the wrong thing, but as for the first part, seems that it's not detecting your device, or maybe you have to update your fastboot/ADB tools. Could even be your wire. It's best to flash the stock rom first, then go on about the settings. Don't even have to setup stock, just flash, boot once, and right back into the bootloader to flash DU.

a few ??s.. is it rooted? and also does everything work like face unlock and google pay? and does it cause any issues when flashing this if you want to return to stock or is it just as simple as flashing back to stock as you normally would flash a stock image to update or whatever? Thank you

DU has to be pretty much the most rock solid custom ROM for the P4XL. You'll rarely find a bug or something not working. Everything works like a charm, and over on Telegram, the guys are on top of everything.

There was a little update a little while ago, DU is coming back to XDA soon, so you could also wait for the new thread to be up before flashing.

Reactions: bradical711

bradical711

Aug 26, 2017
Google Pixel 4 XL
Did you ever get it up and running? Looking at the second part of your photo, you were flashing the wrong thing, but as for the first part, seems that it's not detecting your device, or maybe you have to update your fastboot/ADB tools. Could even be your wire. It's best to flash the stock rom first, then go on about the settings. Don't even have to setup stock, just flash, boot once, and right back into the bootloader to flash DU.
I got it up and running fine. Amazing ROM. And NVM the photo lol. Adb was working fine and it wasn't the cable. I was also able to flash stock multiple times. It was something really dumb but it's okay now. I was removing the quotations after pasting the location of the file into cmd prompt and trying to flash. Therefore nothing was being flashed to my device because a computer reads things differently and I thought removing the quotations was necessary. Definitely not and I was an idiot lol.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using XDA Labs

Homeboy76

Aug 24, 2012
I got it up and running fine. Amazing ROM. And NVM the photo lol. Adb was working fine and it wasn't the cable. I was also able to flash stock multiple times. It was something really dumb but it's okay now. I was removing the quotations after pasting the location of the file into cmd prompt and trying to flash. Therefore nothing was being flashed to my device because a computer reads things differently and I thought removing the quotations was necessary. Definitely not and I was an idiot lol.
Don't know if you saw it but DU 14.6 was released.

Reactions: bradical711

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

3. Reboot to recovery

6. Reboot and enjoy

3. Reboot to recovery

6. Reboot and enjoy

NVM!!!

a few ??s.. is it rooted? and also does everything work like face unlock and google pay? and does it cause any issues when flashing this if you want to return to stock or is it just as simple as flashing back to stock as you normally would flash a stock image to update or whatever? Thank you

DU has to be pretty much the most rock solid custom ROM for the P4XL. You'll rarely find a bug or something not working. Everything works like a charm, and over on Telegram, the guys are on top of everything.

There was a little update a little while ago, DU is coming back to XDA soon, so you could also wait for the new thread to be up before flashing.
    Don't know if you saw it but DU 14.6 was released.