Flashing modems/basebands on G920F/i?

Search This thread

mupet0000

Sep 16, 2010
Same question here. I have a G920F and want to flash a modem. I have the AOD9 modem.bin and I assume I just flash it with ODIN with CP but I don't really want to go ahead and do it without knowing that I'm doing it right.

phositadc

May 7, 2010

Kjc99

Dec 22, 2012
Anchorage
Anyone try the latest baseband/modem for SM-G920I? I live in the US and my signal is awful! Trying to see if AOD3 is better than AOBQ the getting 1 bar of lte and my S5 next to the phone has full bars....
USA
Alaska
Gci wireless

---------- Post added at 02:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 AM ----------

Thanks I just flashed the aod3. Anybody know if we can flash T-Mobile or AT&T modems on the international S6, or would that result in brick?

Sent from my SM-N910T

+1 can we flash other modems on the International SM-G920I?

Last edited:

phositadc

May 7, 2010
Anyone try the latest baseband/modem for SM-G920I? I live in the US and my signal is awful! Trying to see if AOD3 is better than AOBQ the getting 1 bar of lte and my S5 next to the phone has full bars....
USA
Alaska
Gci wireless

---------- Post added at 02:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 AM ----------

+1 can we flash other modems on the International SM-G920I?

I flashed aod3 on my g920i. It seems better than aod1. Aod1 would have me dropping down to hspa in places where I have never ever lost LTE before. I'm on AT&T. Would love to be able to flash AT&T or T-Mobile modem, assuming those are optimized for the U.S.

Sent from my SM-N910T

Kjc99

Dec 22, 2012
Anchorage
I flashed aod3 on my g920i. It seems better than aod1. Aod1 would have me dropping down to hspa in places where I have never ever lost LTE before. I'm on AT&T. Would love to be able to flash AT&T or T-Mobile modem, assuming those are optimized for the U.S.

Sent from my SM-N910T

Funny cause I went to At&t and Verizon to check signal and there's are perfect.... I live in Alaska and most our towers are shared with At&t so the 920I should work on their network... But I can't recommend being the first to flash an att baseband on our phones.... Let me know if you end up trying it out... I was hoping my phone was just bad bit I've exchange 2 times already same **** reception
So you did notice a little better reception with the newer modem huh? The only thing I can think of is my S5 had LTE Cat 4 and this phone has LTE Cat 6 don't really know if that makes a difference... Probably not...

Last edited:

holtenc

Feb 20, 2011
I attempted to flash ATT modem on 925F and it failed. :)

But not sure if I attempted it correctly. I flashed modem.bin instead of modem.tar.md5.

If somebody can get me the latest ATT modem in a format that is for sure flashable via Odin I'll try it.

Last edited:
Reactions: this.guy.lol

warhummer

Sep 20, 2008
Southern MD
I was able to flash the modem and BL files from "Latest Bootloader & Modem packages" thread on my 920F, but unable to use the AT&T versions. I'm also trying to see if I can get a signal reception improvement on my LTE AT&T SIM.

this.guy.lol

May 14, 2015
Any word on if there is any modems for sprint g920p? I've looked and looked and I can't find help anywhere...also, how do I go about finding the modem.bin? Worse comes to worse ill have to try an make one.. -.-

---------- Post added at 07:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 AM ----------

I attempted to flash ATT modem on 925F and it failed. :)

But not sure if I attempted it correctly. I flashed modem.bin instead of modem.tar.md5.

If somebody can get me the latest ATT modem in a format that is for sure flashable via Odin I'll try it.
I'd like to see one for the sprint variant if possible. I'm really dumb and newbie with this kinda thing lol. Please and than you

cchant

May 11, 2010
Subbed

I'm interested in finding out of flashing AT&T modems to the 920f is possible as well

Sent from my SM-G920F using XDA Free mobile app

geanv

Dec 31, 2010
I was able to flash the modem and BL files from "Latest Bootloader & Modem packages" thread on my 920F, but unable to use the AT&T versions. I'm also trying to see if I can get a signal reception improvement on my LTE AT&T SIM.

How did Odin report the reason of failure?
Have you tried other versions (not 920f)? If we can get back by flashing the original modem, I think it's worth trying. I know that 920F/T/I have the same baseband chip made by samsung.

symbiiote

Aug 20, 2009
New York City
I have a Sprint galaxy s6 edge unlocked and i use it for T-mobile. my LTE signal is so low at times. I was wondering if i could flash a T-mobile baseband and BL and just use tmobile roms?

Top Liked Posts