Flashing My Note 20 Ultra 5g N9860(BRI) with SM-N986U1 firmware

Search This thread

devamp22

Oct 13, 2020
Hi,

I was wondering if its possible to flash US unlocked firmware onto the unlocked dual sim Taiwanese variant of the Note 20 Ultra 5G (SM-N9860).

There are certain features like Samsung pay that is somewhat limited for me because its still shows the region as Taiwan.

Of course I don't want to brick my phone but wanted to see my options in terms of changing the region to a US version.

Also, just to confirm, there is no way for this 5G variant to get 5G with US carriers, correct?

Thanks

TheMadScientist

Recognized Contributor
Hi,

I was wondering if its possible to flash US unlocked firmware onto the unlocked dual sim Taiwanese variant of the Note 20 Ultra 5G (SM-N9860).

There are certain features like Samsung pay that is somewhat limited for me because its still shows the region as Taiwan.

Of course I don't want to brick my phone but wanted to see my options in terms of changing the region to a US version.

Also, just to confirm, there is no way for this 5G variant to get 5G with US carriers, correct?

Thanks

I dont believe there is. You may be able to chop a csc together. But I'll let some one else chime in

androidloveRs3104

Sep 4, 2016
hey I wanted to know if it is safe to flash note 20 ultra us snapdragon version with other like korean snapdragon firmware. I know exynos firmware I can't flash on snapdragon. but if both models are snapdragon version then is it possible and safe. I mean will not brick.
please advice.

biijan

Apr 5, 2013
hey I wanted to know if it is safe to flash note 20 ultra us snapdragon version with other like korean snapdragon firmware. I know exynos firmware I can't flash on snapdragon. but if both models are snapdragon version then is it possible and safe. I mean will not brick.
please advice.
SAme question here.. can anyone help please? also can anyone help in this issue:
I am living in UK, have note 20 ultra 986U1. all 5g Bands are not active, on android 11 (UI3.1) there was a way to access to service menu and enable all 5bands. and I was using the 5G here. now, I updated, and that can not reach seavice menu to enable right 5G band. anyone has any idea what should I do? even I can not flash with UK rom, as UK rom is for Exynos, but mine is snapdragon. any other idea maybe? or other rom that works with my phone and also enabled 5G bands?
do you think if I just change the CSC , my problem will solve? if yes, which CSC I must flash and how?