• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question flashing Oos update through twrp?

Search This thread

dkcats3

Sep 13, 2013
OnePlus 9 Pro
can we flash Oos through twrp? also can we flash Oos rom from custom rom? if so what are the instructions? thx in advance. yes i have a lot of questions lol
I'm also curious about this. My current method is to just use the MSM tool whenever I want to go back to stock but it is definitely time consuming. As far as I know TWRP is still early in development and a lot of things that should normally work dont work perfectly

thirtythr33

Sep 3, 2011
New York
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9 Pro
I have definitely flashed OOS through TWRP (from AA to BA, not a custom rom), but haven't had any issues since I did it. That being said I would assume the steps would be to flash, factory reset, then root etc.
hm that is great to hear, however, when I attempt to flash oos 11.2.7.7AA (from oos 11.2.4.4AA) I get an error saying that I am missing /system_ext, /product, and /odm partitions. did you do anything other than simply install oos via twrp, because I am not sure why I am getting this error

Haunt3r

hm that is great to hear, however, when I attempt to flash oos 11.2.7.7AA (from oos 11.2.4.4AA) I get an error saying that I am missing /system_ext, /product, and /odm partitions. did you do anything other than simply install oos via twrp, because I am not sure why I am getting this error
To my knowledge you cannot flash from 2.4.4AA to 2.7.7AA because it is an incremental update, at least through twrp. (I've never flashed anything but full roms via twrp). I actually fully switched to the EU firmware from the Global firmware because of the global version seemingly going fully to OTA updates and not providing full ROMs like the EU version.

thirtythr33

Sep 3, 2011
New York
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9 Pro
To my knowledge you cannot flash from 2.4.4AA to 2.7.7AA because it is an incremental update, at least through twrp. (I've never flashed anything but full roms via twrp). I actually fully switched to the EU firmware from the Global firmware because of the global version seemingly going fully to OTA updates and not providing full ROMs like the EU version.
no you are right, but I have the full update via oxygen updater, so these errors of missing partitions are extremely frustrating.

thirtythr33

Sep 3, 2011
New York
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9 Pro
Ah ****. Had no idea. Might flash back to aa if they're releasing full updates. Only reason I switched to eu was that reason. Definitely weird you're running into issues with it though
yeah man we have to wait insane long for AA full updates. yeah my issue is very frustrating and I've tried everything short of msm, I just don't see how it is possible that twrp reports I am missing those partitions yet my phone boots, but slot B is f'd, and I can't flash full AA update either through twrp or local upgrade.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have definitely flashed OOS through TWRP (from AA to BA, not a custom rom), but haven't had any issues since I did it. That being said I would assume the steps would be to flash, factory reset, then root etc.
    there is no "full" update for 7.7aa it's solely an OTA
    yeah man there is, came out June 28th, check oxygen updater or oneplus software download.
    lol either way I can't flash it so fml
    there is no "full" update for 7.7aa it's solely an OTA
    Yes there is, it came out a few days ago about 3gb's on OnePlus website...
    Ah ****. Had no idea. Might flash back to aa if they're releasing full updates. Only reason I switched to eu was that reason. Definitely weird you're running into issues with it though