Flashing ROM via SD Card

Search This thread

adam79

Oct 5, 2006
Boston
Hi. My Windows computer is on it's last leg; I'm not sure if it will be able to run long enough for me to flash a ROM and I don't want my phone to break. Which brings me to my question:

Can you install ROMs from the Storage Card?

Thanks.

fzzyrn

Aug 19, 2007
Houston
your device must be HardSPL'd.

for the Herald, drag the .nbh file to the root of the card after renaming it HERAIMG.nbh.

SDHC cards are not compatible, and the larger the partition that the .nbh is on (usually the main one), the longer it will take to flash.

Be patient. You will think that something has gone wrong, but nothing has. It takes a really really really long time (like 10-15 mins)(for real, not like the RUU)

wshader

Sep 24, 2007
Albany, NY
is it better to flash it to the sd carD?

Your not quite flashing it to the sd card, the sd card acts as the img file needed for the phone to accept the flash. Another thing is to make sure the sd card is formatted fat32. Personally I have a 1gb card that I partitioned down to 100mb formatted fat32 for my flashing needs

adam79

Oct 5, 2006
Boston
Another thing is to make sure the sd card is formatted fat32. Personally I have a 1gb card that I partitioned down to 100mb formatted fat32 for my flashing needs

will it work if it's formatted fat16? how long do you think it would take for a 2gb card (1 partition) to flash a rom?

thanks,
-adam