Flashing Rom with a different SI

Search This thread

kareemgonna

Jun 4, 2012
Alexandria
Yesterday I got fed up waiting for my SI to receive the update so I downloaded the ftf file and flashed it via flashtool. But knowing that it's for a different si although everything works fine including the keyboard and everything else I wanted to know what is the difference or it doesn't make any difference installing a Rom with a different SI ?

Sent from my SK17i using xda premium

eliaspizarro

May 25, 2010
none

Yesterday I got fed up waiting for my SI to receive the update so I downloaded the ftf file and flashed it via flashtool. But knowing that it's for a different si although everything works fine including the keyboard and everything else I wanted to know what is the difference or it doesn't make any difference installing a Rom with a different SI ?

Reactions: kareemgonna

loCe45

Mar 25, 2012
Varazdin
Yeah, but the thing is SI numbers will be different from the back of a phone with the one in service menu. And also, this rom will lack all the T-mobile crap and bloatware they usually put there :)

I really hope you're right and if the day comes when i have to go to my mobile operator with the warranty, they dont give me hard time because of this... But hey, i can blame myself for being inpatient and them for being di*ks :)

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 PM ----------

How does it matter if it voids your warranty? Your warranty doesn't any way covers hardware damages. And software damage can be repaired by flashing a wokinf ftf using flashtool.

Thanks,
Rick

Hardware damage does not necessarily mean that phone has to fall or hit something to get damaged. There are alot of hardware components that can go 'bad' on them own. Manufacturing defects that can happen to a whole batch of phones where for example motherboards burn out etc...

kareemgonna

Jun 4, 2012
Alexandria
Yeah, but the thing is SI numbers will be different from the back of a phone with the one in service menu. And also, this rom will lack all the T-mobile crap and bloatware they usually put there :)

I really hope you're right and if the day comes when i have to go to my mobile operator with the warranty, they dont give me hard time because of this... But hey, i can blame myself for being inpatient and them for being di*ks :)

I don't think that the warranty is worth keeping your bootloader locked.

loCe45

Mar 25, 2012
Varazdin
Yeah, i'll probably unlock it once when i decide to put some other (rage perhaps) kernel and OC the phone, but untill then it stays locked.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    none