flashing roms with 4.4.x kernel without qpst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

senthamizhan

Dec 23, 2013
Chennai
If you afraid to flash qpst rom, here a method which will update your baseband/bootloader without qpst tool.

1) flash vendor to factory ( if you already flashed factory to vendor )
2) flash zui 3.5.389 full ota which has firmware included ( not the deodexed one by hendibudi )
Link :https://drive.google.com/file/d/1knkZxUyLNZO7uS8u_CK7j4j5-UqqGs5l/view (don't reboot

3) flash hendibudi's twrp for zui and reboot to rom

( The step 2 will lock your bootloader/ update your firmware/ bootloader. So we need to unlock bootloader again. To avoid wiping of internal storage we use twrp recovery which will only wipe /data

4)unlock your bootloader by following this
https://forum.xda-developers.com/lenovo-zuk-z2/how-to/how-bootloader-zuk-z2-pro-t3415392
( You can use your old unlock image )
5) clean flash any nontreble rom( needed)
Reboot to rom.
6)Reboot to recovery, flash factory to vendor zip.
( Don't reboot )
7) install latest twrp from twrpbuilder.org for our device ( install--image -- select -- recovery-swipe to flash )
8) reboot to recovery
9) clean flash your fav 4.4. kernel ROMs.

Note:
I am not tested new twrp by twrpbuilder.org instead of hendibudi twrp at step 3.
If it doesn't encrypt internal storage, there is no need of step 5&7

I followed this and worked. Don't miss any steps

sandruman

Jul 6, 2011
I've Lost my unclocked bootloader file. There is a way to extract It from my Zuk? Thanks?

Inviato dal mio Z2 Plus utilizzando Tapatalk

ShaktiSW

Jan 3, 2018
The way I got it working was by

1. Flashing deodexed TWRP flashable ZUI 4.0.233 rom and then set it up along with magisk.
2. Flashed factory2vendor.zip
3. Flashed TWRP by z2_plus_treble-TWRP-3.2.2_kubersharma_v2.img available in his thread.
4. Clean Flashed AEX 5.8
5. After setup again in TWRP clean flashed a Beta version of AEX v6.0
6. Again after that clean flashed the Official version of AEX v6.0.

You can skip step 4 & 5. I followed those steps to avoid any Blue Screen issue recently reported by some users. I didn't face any Bootloader problem.

*Remember to use Kubersharma TWRP in step 3. I don't know why, but Treble TWRP compiled by Davide is not reading internal storage when flashed after ZUI deodexed.

*And I am not responsible for anything that happens during your adventures.

Reactions: Vishwanath01

satyen_

Oct 30, 2016
Mumbai

1. Flashing deodexed TWRP flashable ZUI 4.0.233 rom and then set it up along with magisk.
3. Flashed TWRP by z2_plus_treble-TWRP-3.2.2_kubersharma_v2.img available in his thread.
4. Clean Flashed AEX 5.8

You can skip step 4 & 5. I followed those steps to avoid any Blue Screen issue recently reported by some users. I didn't face any Bootloader problem.

*Remember to use Kubersharma TWRP in step 3. I don't know why, but Treble TWRP compiled by Davide is not reading internal storage when flashed after ZUI deodexed.

Didn't you every flashed a 3.1+ zui via qpst before?
Because as far as i know the deodexed zui 4.0. 233 doesn't updates the bootloader

ShaktiSW

Jan 3, 2018
Didn't you every flashed a 3.1+ zui via qpst before?
Because as far as i know the deodexed zui 4.0. 233 doesn't updates the bootloader

I never needed to. And AEX 6.0 run pretty much smooth without blue screen issue. I just followed the above mentioned procedures.

renatohm

Nov 28, 2013
If you afraid to flash qpst rom, here a method which will update your baseband/bootloader without qpst tool.

2) flash zui 3.5.389 full ota which has firmware included ( not the deodexed one by hendibudi )
Link :https://drive.google.com/file/d/1knkZxUyLNZO7uS8u_CK7j4j5-UqqGs5l/view (don't reboot

( The step 2 will lock your bootloader/ update your firmware/ bootloader. So we need to unlock bootloader again. To avoid wiping of internal storage we use twrp recovery which will only wipe /data

https://forum.xda-developers.com/lenovo-zuk-z2/how-to/how-bootloader-zuk-z2-pro-t3415392
Reboot to rom.
( Don't reboot )
7) install latest twrp from twrpbuilder.org for our device ( install--image -- select -- recovery-swipe to flash )
8) reboot to recovery

Note:
I am not tested new twrp by twrpbuilder.org instead of hendibudi twrp at step 3.

First of all, kudos for the great job! I'm anxious to test it.
But please forgive my stupidity.
Which hendibudi TWRP build you mean? I could only find a 3.2.1 but I'm not sure it can handle Treble.

senthamizhan

Dec 23, 2013
Chennai
Which hendibudi TWRP build you mean? I could only find a 3.2.1 but I'm not sure it can handle Treble.
Yes it doest support treble partition. But we need that twtp to avoid internal storage encryption problem.
So we can flash any non treble ROM, reboot yo ROM, reboot to recovery , flash factory to vendor zip, flash latest treble twrp, reboot to twrp then flash 4.4 ROMs.

My entire point is flashing vendor to factory and and full ota 3.5.389 zip will update bootloader, firmware ( it will work just as qfil flash )
My guide can be followed if someone having trouble with qfil . ( tested by at least 2 people )

Other steps are just to avoid encryption and internal storage wipe problems that may come after flash.
Hope it'll remove doubts

renatohm

Nov 28, 2013
Yes it doest support treble partition. But we need that twtp to avoid internal storage encryption problem.
So we can flash any non treble ROM, reboot yo ROM, reboot to recovery , flash factory to vendor zip, flash latest treble twrp, reboot to twrp then flash 4.4 ROMs.

My entire point is flashing vendor to factory and and full ota 3.5.389 zip will update bootloader, firmware ( it will work just as qfil flash )
My guide can be followed if someone having trouble with qfil . ( tested by at least 2 people )

Other steps are just to avoid encryption and internal storage wipe problems that may come after flash.
Hope it'll remove doubts

Thanks for your kindness!
Alright then, I'm next on line to test! I'll just backup (it sucks...) then I'll flash!

satyen_

Oct 30, 2016
Mumbai
Blue screen. I'm stuck on Qfil too, it also resulted in blue screen. Starting from scratch.
There is baseband zip file of 3.5 zui (in guides and discussion section) you can flash that if you don't want to go through the long process of Qfil, I flash that zip and i am able to use 4.4 kernels

This will not lock your bootloader and can be flashed by official TWRP

Last edited:
Reactions: senthamizhan

renatohm

Nov 28, 2013
There is baseband zip file of 3.5 zui (in guides and discussion section) you can flash that if you don't want to go through the long process of Qfil, I flash that zip and i am able to use 4.4 kernels

Yes, that's the reason I tried this in the first place, but it didn't work for me.
Qfil did work, and I'm now on Bootleggers.

seking

Apr 11, 2010
In these forums there was a file for updating baseband to 1.70. I flashed it promptly and my phone also went into soft brick. Because accidentally my bootloader got locked and got revised also. By using certain key combinations I succeeded in again unlocking my bootloader without formatting my inner storage . now I am able to flash 4.4 ROMs. Without going through all the hassles of backup, formatting and again flashing twrp.

nicky69100

Jul 26, 2017
LYON
Your guide didn't work for me (but step 2 using your file didn't lock my bootloader). It would be nice if you gave direct link to items in your steps (for i.e factory to vendor.zip, twrp...). I guess I'll try using qfil unless someone has some tips... BTW I can't find a good qfil guide for 4.4 kernel roms, could anyone give me a link to a helpful thread for it if I can't get it working using this method?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Reboot to rom.
    ( Don't reboot )
    8) reboot to recovery

Note:

Hope it'll remove doubts
    Thread closed at OP request

4. Clean Flashed AEX 5.8

Blue screen. I'm stuck on Qfil too, it also resulted in blue screen. Starting from scratch.