Flashing stock (EU or global) ROM on operator-branded 10T with locked bootloader?

Search This thread

dbgt

Jun 8, 2011
So i just received today my 10T but unfortunately it has an european operator ROM. I want to remove this rom and flash a stock EU or global rom.

Can i do this without unlocking the bootloader? and anything I should know/do before trying? like some kind of backup or recovery? thanks

calinorg

• It should work without unlocking, but I'm not 100% sure... Only way is to try... And since changing regions could possibly brick your device, take extra care...

Is there a way for you to just debloat carrier apps?
    You could try that with xiaomiadbfastboot tools from https://github.com/Szaki/XiaomiADBFastbootTools
    It has uninstall option for many apps, with option for reinstall, since they stay in system...

tenebroso979

May 20, 2008
    Hi i got a 10t pro with a branded Rom, so i am trying to instal the Global Stable Rom, using XiaoMiTool V2, but it says that i have to unlock the bootloader to proceed.
    It tryed too using the zip of the Rom, downloaded from miui.com , but still same problem.
    What can i do? i don't want to unlock the bootloader, because i neet to use bank and paying app..
    142018878_10159072952074804_1178509546195680483_o.jpg

calinorg

• Hi i got a 10t pro with a branded Rom, so i am trying to instal the Global Stable Rom, using XiaoMiTool V2, but it says that i have to unlock the bootloader to proceed.
    It tryed too using the zip of the Rom, downloaded from miui.com , but still same problem.
    What can i do? i don't want to unlock the bootloader, because i neet to use bank and paying app..
    View attachment 5195563
    As I said in a previous post, I'm not 100% sure it will work without unlocking.
    If you unlock and change rom you'll be able to use banking apps because you'll probably relock your bootloader after that. Problem is that there is a possibility that you'll brick your phone (you never know), so it's a risk you'd have to take if you want to change roms...

manus31

May 7, 2016
    I believe you can relock the BL after flashing Global stable.I was on stable EEA and then switched to Global stable but now I realize stable EEA has
    Hi i got a 10t pro with a branded Rom, so i am trying to instal the Global Stable Rom, using XiaoMiTool V2, but it says that i have to unlock the bootloader to proceed.
    View attachment 5195563
    I went from EEA to global without unlocking BL using mi tool v2 with no issues.

I since regret this as the EEA has more features not present on Global.

To go to EEA from global the Mi tool says I need to unlock which I intend to do and I believe I can relock the BL after.

manus31

May 7, 2016
    Could you tell us what features are those?
    On display settings for sure there were more options plus Im just kinda thinking that I'm probably better off on the EEA being in Ireland because apparently they do optimize signal for certain regions.

The main reason I switched to global initially though was that Europe have s load of stupid rules and restrictions that affect for example the volume of the stereo speakers.

Global definitely has better quality coming from the speakers and this is true because by EU law. You can only have so much volume on them 😣

calinorg

• On display settings for sure there were more options plus Im just kinda thinking that I'm probably better off on the EEA being in Ireland because apparently they do optimize signal for certain regions.

The main reason I switched to global initially though was that Europe have s load of stupid rules and restrictions that affect for example the volume of the stereo speakers.

Global definitely has better quality coming from the speakers and this is true because by EU law. You can only have so much volume on them 😣
    I'm on global (non-eu european country) and i too have volume limitations, although you get notification and you can skip it... I'm gonna try eea rom for sure, that's mainly why i asked...

Reactions: manus31

manus31

May 7, 2016
    I'm on global (non-eu european country) and i too have volume limitations, although you get notification and you can skip it... I'm gonna try eea rom for sure, that's mainly why i asked...

Yes but I think the volume was worse on the EEA version but possibly the speakers are just not very good generally no matter what ROM though I intend to go back to EEA anyway.

I think this phone was intended mostly for the EU market and it seems to be getting a lot more updates

Reactions: calinorg

manus31

May 7, 2016
    Let me now about the relock when you do it, please

All I can say is it went terribly,I used the Mi toolv2 after I unlocked my bootloader thinking I could flash the EEA ROM with no issues, but what insued was one of the worst days ever,
    It kept getting stuck on

.fastboot flash all failed exit code 1 output flash vbmeta error,

I thought dam this and started trying the Mi flash tool but that was giving mismatched device and image.

I literally thought my device was done for but stuck with it and eventually commented out the first two lines of the flash all file so it would skip the mismatched error.

After about 5 hours of worry thinking Id lost €550 it worked (after editing flash. All)

Long sty short , bootloader still unlocked but might try manually locking over weekend,just delighted phone is working .

I would advise though to stay away from the Mi tool v2

to Update: I manually re locked the bootloader this morning using command Line and sdk tools. This worked but suprisingly wiped ll my data which was a bit annoying though phone is what I want it to be now on original global EEA stock.

I will not be messing around with it any more,

Last edited:
    Reactions: tenebroso979

tenebroso979

May 20, 2008
    Thank you for you answe @manus31
    Today i found something: the most recent rom that i can dowload from miui site is miui_APOLLOGlobal_V12.0.9.0.QJDMIXM , but i saw in XiaomiTool that it showed to me V12.0.10.0.QJDMIXM as the newer one.
    So i looked for that in google and i found a url to dowload it ( https://bigota.d.miui.com/V12.0.10....Global_V12.0.10.0.QJDMIXM_a56b86d8e2_10.0.zip ) . Later today i will download this rom and check if it asks to me to unlock the booloader again.
    I found a video in youtube of a spanish guy that 1 month ago flashed the Global Stable rom on a 10t Pro with a spanish rom, without the need to unlock the bootloader..

tenebroso979

May 20, 2008
    Reactions: manus31

manus31

May 7, 2016
    Thank you for you answe @manus31
    Today i found something: the most recent rom that i can dowload from miui site is miui_APOLLOGlobal_V12.0.9.0.QJDMIXM , but i saw in XiaomiTool that it showed to me V12.0.10.0.QJDMIXM as the newer one.
    So i looked for that in google and i found a url to dowload it ( https://bigota.d.miui.com/V12.0.10....Global_V12.0.10.0.QJDMIXM_a56b86d8e2_10.0.zip ) . Later today i will download this rom and check if it asks to me to unlock the booloader again.
    I found a video in youtube of a spanish guy that 1 month ago flashed the Global Stable rom on a 10t Pro with a spanish rom, without the need to unlock the bootloader..

Yes ,this is true ,you can go from EEA global stable to Global stable without unlocking bootloader but of you want to go back to EEA you must unlock bootloader.
    This is what happened to me and for some reason the Mi tool V2 almost bricked my device doing it.Luckily enough I'm back on EEA now by using Mi flash tool.

By the way there is a new update yesterday for the Global stable:

V12.0.11.0.QJDMIXM,

Here's a useful app for latest updates :

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      On display settings for sure there were more options plus Im just kinda thinking that I'm probably better off on the EEA being in Ireland because apparently they do optimize signal for certain regions.

Yes but I think the volume was worse on the EEA version but possibly the speakers are just not very good generally no matter what ROM though I intend to go back to EEA anyway.

I think this phone was intended mostly for the EU market and it seems to be getting a lot more updates
      Will do,still waiting for unlock but should get it done by end of weekend

All I can say is it went terribly,I used the Mi toolv2 after I unlocked my bootloader thinking I could flash the EEA ROM with no issues, but what insued was one of the worst days ever,
      It kept getting stuck on

.fastboot flash all failed exit code 1 output flash vbmeta error,

I thought dam this and started trying the Mi flash tool but that was giving mismatched device and image.

I literally thought my device was done for but stuck with it and eventually commented out the first two lines of the flash all file so it would skip the mismatched error.

After about 5 hours of worry thinking Id lost €550 it worked (after editing flash. All)

Long sty short , bootloader still unlocked but might try manually locking over weekend,just delighted phone is working .

I would advise though to stay away from the Mi tool v2

to Update: I manually re locked the bootloader this morning using command Line and sdk tools. This worked but suprisingly wiped ll my data which was a bit annoying though phone is what I want it to be now on original global EEA stock.

I will not be messing around with it any more,
      Little update.. i'am just reading this:
      "UPDATE: 29/01/2021
      Xiaomi is now pushing a new stable update for the Mi 10T and Mi 10T Pro globally. The update comes as MIUI 12.0.11.0 and weighs in at 352. It has improved the system security and stability, while fixing some minor bugs."
      So i will download this 0.11 too and thy both