Flashing Stock MIUI 12 via OrangeFox recovery

Search This thread

Azamsm

Jul 30, 2019
I'm currently running Android 11 based Wave OS on my Redmi Note 9 Pro (Curtana). I have OrangeFox recovery installed. I want to flash latest stock ROM which is also based on Android 11.
So, can anyone help me with the correct procedure for the flashing of Stock MIUI 12 based on Android 11 on my Curtana with OF recovery installed?

MPK99

Jun 25, 2017
I'm currently running Android 11 based Wave OS on my Redmi Note 9 Pro (Curtana). I have OrangeFox recovery installed. I want to flash latest stock ROM which is also based on Android 11.
So, can anyone help me with the correct procedure for the flashing of Stock MIUI 12 based on Android 11 on my Curtana with OF recovery installed?
You can flash this directly from ofox. It's the current updated Android R stock firmware which is stable. Just format your data, flash the recovery rom (not the fastboot rom) and reboot.
But I highly recommend you to try EU rom from xiaomi.eu website.

Last edited:
Reactions: Azamsm

Azamsm

Jul 30, 2019
You can flash this directly from ofox. It's the current updated Android R stock firmware which is stable. Just format your data, flash the recovery rom (not the fastboot rom) and reboot.
So, I can flash this one by the same method?

Azamsm

Jul 30, 2019
Ys. It's the eu one that I mentioned. 👍
But note that eu roms are always little behind the latest versions.
Right now, eu rom is 12.0.1 & stock is 12.0.4.
But don't worry, differences are very minor. Go with EU.
Hi @MPK99
I successfully flashed eu rom 12.0.1. Thanks for the guidance.
Can you also help me gaining root. I flashed Magisk 22.0 zip via OFox, it's successfully installed, root checker shows phone is rooted and even able to grant apps root access but it actually doesn't seem to be working. I can't modify system files and root apps don't do what they are supposed to do. Please help.
Thanks in advance!

MPK99

Jun 25, 2017
Hi @MPK99
Can you also help me gaining root. I flashed Magisk 22.0 zip via OFox, it's successfully installed, root checker shows phone is rooted and even able to grant apps root access but it actually doesn't seem to be working. I can't modify system files and root apps don't do what they are supposed to do. Please help.
Thanks in advance!
What method you used to root? Boot Patch or Recovery flash? Also check & tell whether device is encrypted or not.

Azamsm

Jul 30, 2019
Get latest Magisk (magisk-v22.0.zip), flash it as a module under Magisk app itself. Reboot.
Didn't work. Thanks for the help btw.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-04-08-10-18-19-895_pl.solidexplorer2.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-04-08-10-18-19-895_pl.solidexplorer2.jpg
    320.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_2021-04-08-10-18-00-335_com.topjohnwu.magisk.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-04-08-10-18-00-335_com.topjohnwu.magisk.jpg
    273.8 KB · Views: 7

Azamsm

Jul 30, 2019
There's no root problems btw. Try to enable root permissions for the explorer manually under magisk. Also check whether you allowed root under your explorer settings.
I checked and it's enabled. But it's not working anyhow. Stock MIUI doesn't get rooted too. There's this wave OS rom which I could successfully root so far. But it had heating issue while charging. Maybe I should forget about rooting for a whilr

MPK99

Jun 25, 2017
I checked and it's enabled. But it's not working anyhow. Stock MIUI doesn't get rooted too. There's this wave OS rom which I could successfully root so far. But it had heating issue while charging. Maybe I should forget about rooting for a whilr
Is root not working for just solid explorer or other root apps too? If root works on other apps, try Mixplorer instead of Solid.

Azamsm

Jul 30, 2019
While I retried flashing Magisk through OFox, I saw these lines
Code:
-System as root, keep dm/avb verity
- Encrypted data, keep force encryption
Is this the encryption you were talking about

MPK99

Jun 25, 2017
While I retried flashing Magisk through OFox, I saw these lines
Code:
-System as root, keep dm/avb verity
- Encrypted data, keep force encryption
Is this the encryption you were talking about
Maybe. Because, Encryption & rooting together doesn't go well.
On Encryption, you have to follow boot patch method. Recovery flashing won't work.
Extract boot.img from your stock firmware (or EU rom firmware), patch that file from magisk patch method. You'll get patched_boot.img. Flash that as boot under recovery.

Azamsm

Jul 30, 2019
Maybe. Because, Encryption & rooting together doesn't go well.
On Encryption, you have to follow boot patch method. Recovery flashing won't work.
Extract boot.img from your stock firmware (or EU rom firmware), patch that file from magisk patch method. You'll get patched_boot.img. Flash that as boot under recovery.
Tried this method too, still can't delete that miui_mod_icons folder. Root isn't working yet.

Azamsm

Jul 30, 2019
Well, you have some specific reason to root. To remove some system apps right. You can do that on recovery too. Leave rooting, caz it's encrypted.
Hey dude, first of all, I'm thankful to you for keeping calm and helping me❤️❤️♥️
But actually both TWRP and OFox recoveries show nothing inside /system except for 4 folders which has nothing inside them. So I can't even see the files I want to delete.

Azamsm

Jul 30, 2019
Maybe it's because of the dynamic system partition or super partitions in android 11, idk I'm just super disappointed

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So, I can flash this one by the same method?
    Ys. It's the eu one that I mentioned. 👍
    But note that eu roms are always little behind the latest versions.
    Right now, eu rom is 12.0.1 & stock is 12.0.4.
    But don't worry, differences are very minor. Go with EU.
    Hi @MPK99
    Thanks in advance!
    What method you used to root? Boot Patch or Recovery flash? Also check & tell whether device is encrypted or not.
    Recovery flash and device in not encrypted
    Get latest Magisk (magisk-v22.0.zip), flash it as a module under Magisk app itself. Reboot.
    Didn't work. Thanks for the help btw.
    There's no root problems btw. Try to enable root permissions for the explorer manually under magisk. Also check whether you allowed root under your explorer settings.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone