Flashing stock ROM for Mi A3 from EDL mode

Search This thread

jofrecha

Jul 6, 2018
Hi,

The Xiaomi Mi A3 is an Android One phone, is an authorized Xiaomi account necessary to flash the official ROM from EDL mode when the bootloader is locked?

The Mi A1 and A2 / Lite phones also Android One, don't require an authorized account in the same case, what's the difference with the Mi A3, perhaps the elf programmer file?

JFCH

solimanhossain

Apr 15, 2019
go to Fastboot mode & unlock
go to EDL mode using command :
Code:
fastboot flashing unlock
fastboot flashing critical_unlock
fastboot oem edl

mobile_fan_2k5

May 22, 2009
My phone went into bootloop without any hacking/modding. I ended up EDL but whenever I flash I get a unauthorized from the flash tool.

mewcatchew

Mar 19, 2015
Somerville
Hi,

The Xiaomi Mi A3 is an Android One phone, is an authorized Xiaomi account necessary to flash the official ROM from EDL mode when the bootloader is locked?

The Mi A1 and A2 / Lite phones also Android One, don't require an authorized account in the same case, what's the difference with the Mi A3, perhaps the elf programmer file?

JFCH

Same thing happened to me, you need an authorized Mi account to flash in EDL mode. I had to connect remotely to someone who had an authorized Mi account to unbrick it.

d_g_m_2000

Jul 6, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S9
Xiaomi Mi A2
Same thing happened to me, you need an authorized Mi account to flash in EDL mode. I had to connect remotely to someone who had an authorized Mi account to unbrick it.
hello.
if you were so kind to provide who was your contact? i have the same error and like to unbrick it too.
it just boot to fastboot mode (the one with the rabbit and the android).
thanks in advance for your comments.

Last edited:

adityachelsealahoti

Oct 29, 2016
Mumbai
Hi, I am facing similar issue as my phone is also in the fastboot mode.
Xiaomi is telling to contact their service center but in the current scenario, this is not possible.
Can you suggest how to get some OS installed so that my phone is unbricked.

hello.
if you were so kind to provide who was your contact? i have the same error and like to unbrick it too.
it just boot to fastboot mode (the one with the rabbit and the android).
thanks in advance for your comments.

adityachelsealahoti

Oct 29, 2016
Mumbai
Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
The problem is, i had never enable USB debugging. So no tool seems to be working.
The issue occured when i received an OTA update for Android 10 and my phone went into restart mode.
There it got stuck on the fastboot screen.
I dont know if this occured due to it having being connected to charger at that point of time.
Anyways, is there any alternate option considering the USB debugging is not enabled and neither is the bootloader unlocked.