Flashing stock

Search This thread

bradman117

Jan 20, 2011
Idaho, Rexburg
A while ago I rooted my friends phone then eventually he wanted the phone stock so I made it stock but I forgot to close the bootloader. So I just recently locked his bootloader but everynow and then his phone bootloops or has small bugs. Is it safe to use twrp, erase everything then flash the OnePlus3 stock latest firmware from OnePlus website then lock?

I know people would mention to use the msm tool but I've never had any luck getting my device to show. Even with the OnePlus 6.

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app

TNSMANI

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Jan 8, 2014
Chennai
A while ago I rooted my friends phone then eventually he wanted the phone stock so I made it stock but I forgot to close the bootloader. So I just recently locked his bootloader but everynow and then his phone bootloops or has small bugs. Is it safe to use twrp, erase everything then flash the OnePlus3 stock latest firmware from OnePlus website then lock?

I know people would mention to use the msm tool but I've never had any luck getting my device to show. Even with the OnePlus 6.

Yes, you can. But flash the entire ROM, not the firmware only. The stock ROM contains the firmware also. Boot into the ROM first to ensure that everything is working correctly before locking the bootloader.

Reactions: bradman117

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yes, you can. But flash the entire ROM, not the firmware only. The stock ROM contains the firmware also. Boot into the ROM first to ensure that everything is working correctly before locking the bootloader.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone