• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Flashing Successfully any GSI to Mediapad M5 Lite 10

Search This thread

stereo007

Sep 25, 2013
I'm neither able to login to the Play Store, nor I'm able to add any accounts in the settings. The behavior is always the same - I can hit the buttons as much as I want, but no reaction clicking "Login" or "+ Add...." .
I have the same problem. I have now gone through almost all Official Android 11 and Unofficial Android 11. Everywhere the problem described above. Do any of you have Android 11 running?

Edit: Havoc-OS-v3.12 also works with gapps. Can I get a superuser here? I have already tried Magisk. As described, the system then no longer starts. Is there any other option?

Last edited:

Toivogamer

Nov 14, 2020
I have the same problem. I have now gone through almost all Official Android 11 and Unofficial Android 11. Everywhere the problem described above. Do any of you have Android 11 running?

Edit: Havoc-OS-v3.12 also works with gapps. Can I get a superuser here? I have already tried Magisk. As described, the system then no longer starts. Is there any other option?
What model number do you have because i dont have audio.

Fytdyh

Aug 17, 2015
BAH2-L09 ocec432
I have no sound problems. Sound works on Android 10 and 11. I only have the Gapps and Magisk problem.
For now, I'm back on Stock 360. For daily use, it's not really good for me yet.
normal magisk doesn't work here. check on pphuson thread in github, you need a modified magisk zip made for treble roms.

hidat_k

Sep 5, 2021
I am installing the ROM on my Huawei Mediapad M5 lite 10 which i have bought from china. But when i extract the update.app via huawei extractor there is no such file as RAMDISK.img, i extracted other .img files such as recovery_ramdis.img,RECOVERY_VBMETA,RECOVERY_VENDOR etc.
where can i find the Ramdisk.img and flash it. The above files when flashed shows FAILED (remote: partition length get error
6. In Huawei Extractor, enter settings and uncheck "Verify header checksum" and "verify file checksum". then select update.app from its location. in the list find "RAMDISK.img"

merlinolillo

Jun 2, 2006
Senigallia
I've flashed several android 11 gsi roms but all of them are full of bugs. There's no way to find a quite well working 11 rom. Many crashes and play store doesn't work. Android 10 gsi roms work quite good instead. Any suggestions?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Requirements:

1. Unlocked Bootloader
    2. You need ramdisk of current version
    3. Download Stock Firmware Online firmware database ⋆ TEAM MT Developers
    4. Look for the brand and model and download the update.zip
    5. Zip looks like this "http://update.dbankcdn.com/TDS/data/files/px/sxx/Gxxx/gxxx/vxxxxx/f1/full/update.zip"
    6. Extract the zip. you will get an update.app
    6. In Huawei Extractor, enter settings and uncheck "Verify header checksum" and "verify file checksum". then select update.app from its location. in the list find "RAMDISK.img"
    7. Download TWRP and Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_12.21.2019.zip from here.
    8. any GSI from https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/wiki/Generic-System-Image-(GSI)-list that is ARM64 and A-only and Vanilla.
    9. Download OpenGapps from here https://opengapps.org

Instructions:

1. Install Minimal Adb and Fastboot from here https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/tool-minimal-adb-and-fastboot-2-9-18.2317790/
    2.. copy Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_12.21.2019.zip and Open gapps on SD card
    3. Boot into Fastboot Mode.
    Fastboot:
    4.. Flash TWRP -> fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk twrp8.img
    5.. fastboot reboot recovery (the first time booting should show up the twrp menu)
    press Power button + volume up. in my case, i had to enter erecovery, click on factory reset, then it boots to twrp.
    TWRP:
    6. Wipe -> Advanced Wipe -> select data + cache + dalvik-cache + internal -> Swipe to wipe -> back to start menu
    7. Install -> Select Storage -> select Mircro SD card -> OK -> select Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_12.21.2019.zip -> Swipe to confirm Flash
    8. Reboot -> Bootloader (not System!!!)
    Fastboot:
    9. fastboot flash ramdisk RAMDISK.img
    10. fastboot erase system
    11. fastboot flash system <name.img>
    12. fastboot reboot
    13. Boot into the rom
    14. Do step 5 all over again.
    15. flash opengapps.
    16. reboot.

Sound works, google works.

Bugs:
    1. flashing magisk seems to make the rom non-bootable. will search for more
    2. the lockscreen, at least on havoc os vs 3.8, is stuck in portrait mode.
    3. flashing a rom with gapps will result in a bootloop.
    4. also, seems you keep both recoveries. i have erecovery and twrp simultaneously. who knows, maybe is actually a feature XD

Note 1 :
    To use fast charging enable it in Settings -> Phh Treble Setting -> Huawei features -> Huawei fast charge -> Mid-fast
    To fix display blur enable it in Settings -> Phh Treble Setting -> Huawei features -> Enable blurry UI workaround

Note 2:
    If you want to change roms after you just flash it, you dont need to run every step all over again. just erase system, flash ramdisk and flash rom.

Note 3:
    change the screen resolution by going into settings>>display>> Smallest width. mine is set at 730.

now credits where is due :
    sadiqkarur
    as requested

here is the backup everything without data

and here is just the vendor partition
    Received some questions about what to install and what did I meant about vanilla. Gonna repost my post here, in order to clarify it.

What does agN mean? What does avN mean? What does aoN mean? What does afN mean?

Some information you should know about knowing what type of gsi it is

<ARCH>_xyZ

<ARCH> can either be arm, a64 (arm32_binder64) or arm64

x can either be a or b

y can either be v, o, g or f

Z can be N or S

b = a/b

a = a-only

g = gapps

o = gapps-go

v = vanilla (no gapps included)

f = floss (free & open source apps instead gapps)

N = no superuser

S = superuser included

Z = dynamic superuser (you can toggle root on/off without rebooting)

so in most common example "arm64_avN" is ARM64 A-only vanilla with no superuser
    Here is my Ramdisk, from latest version of Bah2-w19

Hi,
    I've been trying to install either Pixel Experience Plus (Android 10) or AOSP (Android 11), but both fail with the same error. Do you know how I could fix it?

Code:
    target reported max download size of 471859200 bytes
    Invalid sparse file format at header magic
    error: write_sparse_skip_chunk: don't care size 387334212 is not a multiple of the block size 4096
    sending sparse 'system' 1/2 (460796 KB)...
    error: write_sparse_skip_chunk: don't care size 387334212 is not a multiple of the block size 4096
    OKAY [ 13.188s]
    writing 'system' 1/2...
    FAILED (remote: sparse flash write failure)
    finished. total time: 18.092s

EDIT: Turns out, my dumbass thought I had to flash the .img.xz file, but I was supposed to use the file in it.
    Anyway, thanks for the guide!