Flashing Successfully any GSI to Mediapad M5 Lite 10 [UPDATED]

Search This thread

tripin@

Oct 18, 2020
Flash again LOS 17.1 GSI, still same troubles are present:
sound doesn't work ... (only notification works, no video sound)
Display blur is fixed but doesn't stay fix

I think, i'm going back to openkirin (without fastcharge), and try something else later.

merlinolillo

Jun 2, 2006
Senigallia
Flash again LOS 17.1 GSI, still same troubles are present:
sound doesn't work ... (only notification works, no video sound)
Display blur is fixed but doesn't stay fix

I think, i'm going back to openkirin (without fastcharge), and try something else later.
Very strange. Sound is working perfectly and display is not blur at me. I'm on that rom since a week and it's working good

lzyvny

May 15, 2021
seems pro-teammt.ru firmware finder is gone. huawei changed their server. right now I am checking if ramdisk image changes through stock updates. if not, mine will be available for download.
I found a workaround to download firmware file
Go to this url https://pro-teammt.ru/en/online-firmware-database/
Find the one corresponding to your model

Copy address of the changelog (right click name of firmware and copy link address)
That will look something like this -> http://update.dbankcdn.com/TDS/data/files/px/sxy/G1234/g1234/v12345/f1/full/changelog.xml

In the above link replace changelog.xml with update.zip
Download using any download managers like idm or xdm or even terminal

That's it

Last edited:
Reactions: coulder

lallolu

Dec 5, 2009
Huawei Mate 30 Pro
I flashed the ROM without any error message. However, it fails to boot with errors:
1) huawei error mode func no 10
2) error no 2

It stops on the bootloader looking page. If I wipe, I am able to go to TWRP though. I have tried Android 11 and 10. I used ramdisk 339 but my ROM was 360. Could it be the cause?

Attachments

• 20210519_111631.jpg
    20210519_111631.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 27

lallolu

Dec 5, 2009
Huawei Mate 30 Pro
This is unfortunatey not working for me. I have now gone back to stock but it was one from 2019. It can't find any system update. If anyone has EU BAH2-L09C 8.0.0.3.340 or 360 for download, it will be great.

Toivogamer

Nov 14, 2020
I can't get gsi to work. When flashing its giving this error on fastboot "cannot load error" on pc. Only gsi that i got to work is havoc 3.12 but sound is not working. Lineage os 17.1 installs but doesn't boot stays at now booting screen.

I'm right now on stock firmware.

Toivogamer

Nov 14, 2020
This is unfortunatey not working for me. I have now gone back to stock but it was one from 2019. It can't find any system update. If anyone has EU BAH2-L09C 8.0.0.3.340 or 360 for download, it will be great.
Restore stock firmware from erecovery it will download latest firmware. I don't know if you can start it from locked bootloader, but it will be available in unlocked bootloader.

Toivogamer

Nov 14, 2020
Did you got it restored?
Here is only files that i could find. I dont know if these are full firmware files. I found these on here https://www.firmfinder.ml/

Update bah2-l09 340 ocec431

Update bah2-l09 360 ocec431

I could not find bah2-l09c

I Extracted ramdisk from these.
I used Huawei Extractor.

Last edited:

Toivogamer

Nov 14, 2020
So i got android 11 roms to work only issue is that audio is not working not even bluetooth. How to fix this?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi @tripin@

I'm trying to flash my BAH2-W19 but am in need of the ramdisk and firmware to solve a bootloop. The links are not working anymore, would it be possible for you to upload them again?
    Requirements:

1. Unlocked Bootloader
    2. You need ramdisk of current version.
    a) Install this program from this link (you need the program installed in order to download the files)
    b) Download Stock Firmware from here https://professorjtj.github.io.
    c) Look for the brand and model and download the update.zip
    3. Extract the zip. you will get an update.app
    4. In Huawei Extractor, enter settings and uncheck "Verify header checksum" and "verify file checksum". then select update.app from its location. in the list find "RAMDISK.img"
    5. a) Download Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_12.21.2019.zip from here.
    b) Download TWRP-323.img from here 6. any GSI from https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/wiki/Generic-System-Image-(GSI)-list that is ARM64 and A-only and Vanilla.
    7. Download OpenGapps from here https://opengapps.org

Instructions:

1. Install Minimal Adb and Fastboot from here https://xdaforums.com/t/tool-minimal-adb-and-fastboot-2-9-18.2317790/
    2.. copy Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_12.21.2019.zip and Open gapps on SD card
    3. Boot into Fastboot Mode.
    Fastboot:
    4.. Flash TWRP -> fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk TWRP-3.2.3.img
    5.. fastboot reboot recovery (the first time booting should show up the twrp menu)
    press Power button + volume up. in my case, i had to enter erecovery, click on factory reset, then it boots to twrp.
    TWRP:
    6. Wipe -> Advanced Wipe -> select data + cache + dalvik-cache + internal -> Swipe to wipe -> back to start menu
    7. Install -> Select Storage -> select Mircro SD card -> OK -> select Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_12.21.2019.zip -> Swipe to confirm Flash
    8. Reboot -> Bootloader (not System!!!)
    Fastboot:
    9. fastboot flash ramdisk RAMDISK.img
    10. fastboot erase system
    11. fastboot flash system <name.img>
    12. fastboot reboot
    13. Boot into the rom
    14. Do step 5 all over again.
    15. flash opengapps.
    16. reboot.

Sound works, google works.

Bugs:
    1. flashing magisk seems to make the rom non-bootable. will search for more
    2. the lockscreen, at least on havoc os vs 3.8, is stuck in portrait mode.
    3. flashing a rom with gapps will result in a bootloop.
    4. also, seems you keep both recoveries. i have erecovery and twrp simultaneously. who knows, maybe is actually a feature XD

Note 1 :
    To use fast charging enable it in Settings -> Phh Treble Setting -> Huawei features -> Huawei fast charge -> Mid-fast
    To fix display blur enable it in Settings -> Phh Treble Setting -> Huawei features -> Enable blurry UI workaround

Note 2:
    If you want to change roms after you just flash it, you dont need to run every step all over again. just erase system, flash ramdisk and flash rom.

Note 3:
    change the screen resolution by going into settings>>display>> Smallest width. mine is set at 730.

EDIT: added new links, refreshed the guide

now credits where is due :
    sadiqkarur
    as requested

here is the backup everything without data

and here is just the vendor partition
    Received some questions about what to install and what did I meant about vanilla. Gonna repost my post here, in order to clarify it.

What does agN mean? What does avN mean? What does aoN mean? What does afN mean?

Some information you should know about knowing what type of gsi it is

<ARCH>_xyZ

<ARCH> can either be arm, a64 (arm32_binder64) or arm64

x can either be a or b

y can either be v, o, g or f

Z can be N or S

b = a/b

a = a-only

g = gapps

o = gapps-go

v = vanilla (no gapps included)

f = floss (free & open source apps instead gapps)

N = no superuser

S = superuser included

Z = dynamic superuser (you can toggle root on/off without rebooting)

so in most common example "arm64_avN" is ARM64 A-only vanilla with no superuser
    Here is my Ramdisk, from latest version of Bah2-w19

Hi,
    I've been trying to install either Pixel Experience Plus (Android 10) or AOSP (Android 11), but both fail with the same error. Do you know how I could fix it?

Code:
    target reported max download size of 471859200 bytes
    Invalid sparse file format at header magic
    error: write_sparse_skip_chunk: don't care size 387334212 is not a multiple of the block size 4096
    sending sparse 'system' 1/2 (460796 KB)...
    error: write_sparse_skip_chunk: don't care size 387334212 is not a multiple of the block size 4096
    OKAY [ 13.188s]
    writing 'system' 1/2...
    FAILED (remote: sparse flash write failure)
    finished. total time: 18.092s

EDIT: Turns out, my dumbass thought I had to flash the .img.xz file, but I was supposed to use the file in it.
    Anyway, thanks for the guide!