• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Flashing to Jelly Bean questions

Search This thread

Djp2012

Feb 6, 2012
I really want to put Jelly Bean on my phone, long story short. I got my new nexus from Verizon totally unaware about the radio problems.

My phone constantly drops service then picks it up. No matter how much I tweak my phone
I

So basically I have two questions.

1. Will flashing a rom on my phone fix my network dilemma?

And

2. Can someone please post a link to most reliable how to guide on how to flash my Verizon Nexus and possibly the most reliable rom?

Thank you xda community!

Last edited:

ÜBER™

Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas
That sounds hardware related. Might want to get an exchange before hand. See if the new one will help. Don't think jelly bean will help a defective radio.

Sent From My Toro+ via Tapatalk

Djp2012

Feb 6, 2012
So you believe its hardware related? Its a brand new phone and I want to take the right steps to fix it. I figured it was software but if its hardware related obviously there's nothing I can do. Will I be offered a new phone or a refurbished?
I also got it through best buy, not sure if it makes a difference.
That sounds hardware related. Might want to get an exchange before hand. See if the new one will help. Don't think jelly bean will help a defective radio.

ÜBER™

Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas
So you believe its hardware related? Its a brand new phone and I want to take the right steps to fix it. I figured it was software but if its hardware related obviously there's nothing I can do. Will I be offered a new phone or a refurbished?

Its probably best that you got it from best buy they have great exchange policies. So this happens in stock correct? I would say that's pretty hardware related. I don't think an unofficial software upgrade would fix that. Unless there are better radios. I'm not too sure as I have the sprint nexus. Hopefully somebody with a big red version will chime in.

Reactions: withbloodskies

Djp2012

Feb 6, 2012
Thanks a lot for your input. I'll just go to best buy and try to solve this problem through an exchange.

Its probably best that you got it from best buy they have great exchange policies. So this happens in stock correct? I would say that's pretty hardware related. I don't think an unofficial software upgrade would fix that. Unless there are better radios. I'm not too sure as I have the sprint nexus. Hopefully somebody with a big red version will chime in.

withbloodskies

Jul 26, 2011
Rancho Cucamonga
Flashing will not fix this hardware issue. Please return it and request a new one. My brother got one yesterday, and best buy was trying to give him **** about how its Verizon's ****ty service. Got a new one and works great now. I got lucky and mine worked out of the box.

Edit: I suggest playing with before you leave the store too, so many defective devices I'm honestly baffled no one has sued. Its ridiculous.

bOx Stash - https://www.box.com/shared/d8a46b7252c38069deb1

Last edited:

Djp2012

Feb 6, 2012
Thanks! I was highly considering this, I got the phone as a gift and I thought it was weird that I got the phone with the battery dead. It turns out that its been the radio making my phone hot and killing my battery. My phone gets 4 hrs battery life and holds a signal for like 2 mins at a time, I can't believe best buy employees don't catch it
Flashing will not fix this hardware issue. Please return it and request a new one. My brother got one yesterday, and best buy was trying to give him **** about how its Verizon's ****ty service. Got a new one and works great now. I got lucky and mine worked out of the box.

Edit: I suggest playing with before you leave the store too, so many defective devices I'm honestly baffled no one has sued. Its ridiculous.

withbloodskies

Jul 26, 2011
Rancho Cucamonga
Thanks! I was highly considering this, I got the phone as a gift and I thought it was weird that I got the phone with the battery dead. It turns out that its been the radio making my phone hot and killing my battery. My phone gets 4 hrs battery life and holds a signal for like 2 mins at a time, I can't believe best buy employees don't catch it

Yup, I guarantee if you look at the battery stats and in it, you'll see cell standby. I bet its used up 30%+ when normally its suppose to use 2%.
It is odd that they don't catch this.. hell even Samsung. Why are there so many defective devices?

Reactions: Djp2012

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yup, I guarantee if you look at the battery stats and in it, you'll see cell standby. I bet its used up 30%+ when normally its suppose to use 2%.
    It is odd that they don't catch this.. hell even Samsung. Why are there so many defective devices?