Flashing TWRP on Samsung Galaxy S8

Search This thread

Kriranda

Oct 13, 2017
Okay, so I flashed TWRP onto my Galaxy S8 using Odin and then it said my workspace has been locked due to unauthorised software being installed on the device, so I then went and found my firmware online to flash it onto my device, hoping to bypass my workspace restriction but then found flashing the software factory reset my device, so I lost TWRP recovery. How on Earth do I flash TWRP onto my Samsung Galaxy S8 without being blocked from using my device? I’m a noob at this stuff but have some know how to get this far... Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.. My end goal is to root my phone with Magisk and bypass SecurityNet restrictions on my phone from unlocking my bootloader.

xlucian

Mar 15, 2009
Okay, so I flashed TWRP onto my Galaxy S8 using Odin and then it said my workspace has been locked due to unauthorised software being installed on the device, so I then went and found my firmware online to flash it onto my device, hoping to bypass my workspace restriction but then found flashing the software factory reset my device, so I lost TWRP recovery. How on Earth do I flash TWRP onto my Samsung Galaxy S8 without being blocked from using my device? I’m a noob at this stuff but have some know how to get this far... Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.. My end goal is to root my phone with Magisk and bypass SecurityNet restrictions on my phone from unlocking my bootloader.

Follow this to the letter and you'll have twrp running. https://forum.xda-developers.com/sa...w-to/guide-root-install-twrp-samsung-t3747535

PS...go to page one first post

rodrigodornas

Sep 27, 2017
Follow this to the letter and you'll have twrp running. https://forum.xda-developers.com/sa...w-to/guide-root-install-twrp-samsung-t3747535

PS...go to page one first post

hi.
i have an g950fd on 8.0
with this new firmware... 8.0 G950FXXU4CRKB
when i install "twrp", "RMM-State_Bypass_Mesa" and "magisk 18"
then it boot ok. BUT, when reboot.. BAM!
soft brick with the message "only official released binaries are allowed", even twrp i cant access...
ive gotten on download and flashed the firmware again and its on; but i really want my root....

so my rmm didnt worked.. how can i bypass this?!?!
anyone has a new rmm? please!!
b4 k3 s3

what i think is that i get oem unlock --> twrp-3.2.3-2-dreamlte --> rmm + magisk + samsung-antiroot-removal-2.4
and at some point the firmware reblock oem
what can i do? thanks!

xlucian

Mar 15, 2009
hi.
i have an g950fd on 8.0
with this new firmware... 8.0 G950FXXU4CRKB
when i install "twrp", "RMM-State_Bypass_Mesa" and "magisk 18"
then it boot ok. BUT, when reboot.. BAM!
soft brick with the message "only official released binaries are allowed", even twrp i cant access...
ive gotten on download and flashed the firmware again and its on; but i really want my root....

so my rmm didnt worked.. how can i bypass this?!?!
anyone has a new rmm? please!!
b4 k3 s3

what i think is that i get oem unlock --> twrp-3.2.3-2-dreamlte --> rmm + magisk + samsung-antiroot-removal-2.4
and at some point the firmware reblock oem
what can i do? thanks!

at step 7 from install twrp...
when you are in twrp chose format and format the data to remove encryption.
I also got the message "only official released binaries are allowed" and twrp was gone and replaced by factory recovery

rodrigodornas

Sep 27, 2017
at step 7 from install twrp...
when you are in twrp chose format and format the data to remove encryption.
I also got the message "only official released binaries are allowed" and twrp was gone and replaced by factory recovery

dude same here!
i dont even can enter on recovery even twrp or samsung..
and i formated too...

so..... its a new block? im using the worng rmm?
im on b4 k3 s3

i can downgrade to any b4 is that correct?
any b4 with root related?
thanks!

xlucian

Mar 15, 2009
dude same here!
i dont even can enter on recovery even twrp or samsung..
and i formated too...

so..... its a new block? im using the worng rmm?
im on b4 k3 s3

i can downgrade to any b4 is that correct?
any b4 with root related?
thanks!

try and start from scratch
find the latest oreo firmware for you
flash it with odin and make sure OEM unlock is enabled
then follow again the guide...make sure you format data after step 7

rodrigodornas

Sep 27, 2017
try and start from scratch
find the latest oreo firmware for you
flash it with odin and make sure OEM unlock is enabled
then follow again the guide...make sure you format data after step 7

i did...
today i enter on "oneclickroot" to check if its another way so i can root my device and the site says:
"SORRY
There Is No Root At This Time
Brand: samsung
Model: sm-g950f
Android Version: 8.0.0 (r16nw.g950fxxs4crlb)"

i found that the first firmware from b4 "G950FXXU4CRI5" on onclickroot appear rootable!
the same bootloader permit me to downgrade? or have other issues?
if oem unlock i just flash with odin?
thaks

xlucian

Mar 15, 2009
i did...
today i enter on "oneclickroot" to check if its another way so i can root my device and the site says:
"SORRY
There Is No Root At This Time
Brand: samsung
Model: sm-g950f
Android Version: 8.0.0 (r16nw.g950fxxs4crlb)"

i found that the first firmware from b4 "G950FXXU4CRI5" on onclickroot appear rootable!
the same bootloader permit me to downgrade? or have other issues?
if oem unlock i just flash with odin?
thaks

You can flash with odin original firmware even if you don't have oem unlock.
But, to install twrp and root you NEED to have the oem unlock enabled in the developer settings

rodrigodornas

Sep 27, 2017
You can flash with odin original firmware even if you don't have oem unlock.
But, to install twrp and root you NEED to have the oem unlock enabled in the developer settings

but about downgrade.. what is my barrieir?
can just downgrade to same bootloader or i can downgrade to others versions?

thanks!!

spawnlives

Jan 27, 2018
i flashed stock room on my s8, do i need to wait 7 days again to flash twrp? oem lock is off
Depends, will have to check in download mode, if kg state and/or rmm state is prenormal then you will have to wait.
Om my s8 if i flash firmware i can modify my phone as soon as i connect to the imternet.

Last edited:
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone