Flashing UK unlocked images?

Search This thread

Garner

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 25, 2009
C:\windows\system32\
Hi, I'm wanting to sign up to the UK beta when it's released but I got my mobile from EE, if I flash the UK unlocked image will I be able to sign up to it? I have not done that for a while ?

*Detection*

Dec 5, 2011
Durham
Hi, I'm wanting to sign up to the UK beta when it's released but I got my mobile from EE, if I flash the UK unlocked image will I be able to sign up to it? I have not done that for a while ?

You would need to change your CSC to BTU using samkey to enrol officially in the beta, or you can just flash the latest BTU firmware with Odin, then the update.zip for the beta from recovery

See here
https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s20/how-to/oneui-3-0-beta-s20-ultra-beta-thread-t4176833

Garner

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 25, 2009
C:\windows\system32\

krusion

Dec 16, 2013
It used to, not anymore, got to use samkey now

Sorry to hijack this thread. Do you know if I change the CSC to BTU if I would get Samsung pay? I bought my phone from a region that doesn't have samsung pay, but right now I'm in Canada where the banks are supported.

*Detection*

Dec 5, 2011
Durham
Sorry to hijack this thread. Do you know if I change the CSC to BTU if I would get Samsung pay? I bought my phone from a region that doesn't have samsung pay, but right now I'm in Canada where the banks are supported.

Never tried myself, but I would assume so, I get Samsung pay on my BTU S20U, I think others have done exactly that for this reason too, you'd need to flash a BTU firmware too (Unless you get an OTA immediately after switching CSCs in which case there's no need)

krusion

Dec 16, 2013
Never tried myself, but I would assume so, I get Samsung pay on my BTU S20U, I think others have done exactly that for this reason too, you'd need to flash a BTU firmware too (Unless you get an OTA immediately after switching CSCs in which case there's no need)

And I can revert back without issues, correct? Assuming I wish to go back to EGY?

krusion

Dec 16, 2013
Yes the same way you switched the first time, providing you do not upgrade to an unsupported Android version (11 is not supported right now)

Quick question since you seem to be in the UK. Do you have MST working or has it been disabled completely? I didn't know this before. That was the primary reason I was interested in samsung pay over google play. I'm not seeing anything that samsung does better over Gpay, excluding the rewards, which don't seem like much anyway to begin with.

*Detection*

Dec 5, 2011
Durham
Quick question since you seem to be in the UK. Do you have MST working or has it been disabled completely? I didn't know this before. That was the primary reason I was interested in samsung pay over google play. I'm not seeing anything that samsung does better over Gpay, excluding the rewards, which don't seem like much anyway to begin with.

I haven't used it, I am with Barclays and they force you to use their own app for NFC etc, they aren't even listed in the Samsung pay app, always just use my card for contactless anyway

Last edited: