Flasing a Custom rom boots to recovery

Search This thread
HI,
Every time I flash a custom rom, it doestn't boot. it goes back to TWRP..
The only time it boots is when I flash rom with official twrp. And it boots with few things missing like magisk and other apps. Bluspark and codeworks doesn't boot.
Stock rom downloaded from oneplus also doesn't boot if the recovery is not official TWRP or the stock one..
Is there something I am missing?

Thanks...

Last edited:
Did you try flashing stock ROM and the Magisk uninstall zip? This removes everything Magisk related. Then boot, only flash Magisk and see if that works for you :)

I am now back to stock OB1. Whatever custom rom I flash, it has been troublesome.

Last flash was successful, Audax rom. It had nothing missing. I flashed speaker mod, it worked. Then, I tried a custom kernel, blu-spark for nougat. it bootlooped to Qualcomm loader mode..

I have flashed many phones in the past without any problems for 4 years.. but this time it's not working for me..

Is there any 5T specific step that I am missing?

1. Unlock bootloader.
2. Flash Custom recovery. And boot it.
3. Wiped everything including internal storage.
4. Reboot to recovery.
5. Flashed Rom and then magisk and no-verity.
6. Wiped cache ( only sometimes)
7. After this step, the rom doesn't boot. It comes back to recovery using blu_spark and codeworkx... Stock twrp lets it boot but without magisk.

Then, I flashed magisk... It did the same thing, reboots to recovery.
I tried using magisk uninstaller. It didn't work.
Everytime it goes in to loop, I always had to format data because internal storage was not shown. (0mb)
I have never felt this noob...

Last edited:

Airwolf79

Mar 3, 2011
OnePlus 9 Pro
OnePlus 10 Pro
Flash ROM and Gapps and then boot into system. After setting up, flash twrp again and Magisk. No-verity is needed only if you wanna flash certain unencrypted ROMs, in which case formatting data would also be required.

Correct me if I'm wrong but is the no-verity zip necessary? Doesn't Magisk do that automatically? Just asking as I have stock ROM with Magisk and Xposed and never any issues.

I don't know but without flashing no-verity zip, i haven't been able to boot any of these custom roms for 5t.
Flashing magisk on stock rom has also worked for me, but strangely I can't boot the custom roms on XDA. Liquid rom was successful but I wanted OOS custom roms. So far, I am unsuccessful.

Stock rom with magisk does fulfill my requirements.
But, I am curious about the problem I am having..

sardelisp

Nov 27, 2008
Patrai
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
I don't know but without flashing no-verity zip, i haven't been able to boot any of these custom roms for 5t.
Flashing magisk on stock rom has also worked for me, but strangely I can't boot the custom roms on XDA. Liquid rom was successful but I wanted OOS custom roms. So far, I am unsuccessful.

Stock rom with magisk does fulfill my requirements.
But, I am curious about the problem I am having..

exactly same situation here sir..
so many rom flashes in many htc devices and never ever had those problems
what's the missing point?