Flexilis Mobile Security Beta

Search This thread

Flexilis

Nov 5, 2008
Los Angeles
www.flexilis.com
Hey Everyone,

Wanted to tell all of you about a neat app we're developing, called Flexilis.

It's a mobile security suite for Windows Mobile devices, that keeps your device and data safe from loss, theft, hackers, viruses, malware, spam, and more.

We've currently opened signups for our private beta testing, if you're interested in checking it out, just hit up http://beta.flexilis.com and sign up, and feel free to chat about the product here :)

If anyone has questions or runs into trouble, just shoot us an email at support@flexilis.com and we'll help you out!

-Chris
Community Director,
Flexilis Inc.
support@flexilis.com

NRGZ28

Retired Senior Mod & Senior RD
Apr 6, 2007
XDA-Developers
If you weren't asking for so much personal information, you might actually get people to try your app...

Flexilis

Nov 5, 2008
Los Angeles
www.flexilis.com
we're actually working on revising that, the reason we ask for the phone number is because it's used to sms you your download link for the software later on in the process, we're in the process of moving that to later on in the process, as well as an explanation of why we ask for it. :)

Thanks for the feedback! :)

-Chris

If you weren't asking for so much personal information, you might actually get people to try your app...

JeckyllHavok

Jul 21, 2007
Hey man,
nice thing with this soft, that we give the phone number is not so a big problem i think. could you post a little bit infos about the program? Cause on your side there a not many informations.

But i ithink i'll give it a try...

JeckyllHavok

Jul 21, 2007
I just have one little question, on you privacy page you write:

When you use the Flexilis Services, our servers automatically record certain information about your usage. These logs may include information such as the IP address, mobile device identification number, phone number, operating system, version information, wireless carrier, web requests, browser type, browser language, referring pages, landing pages, pages viewed, or other usage information.

Why do record the pages we visit?

Flexilis

Nov 5, 2008
Los Angeles
www.flexilis.com
we're still working on a little bit of a tour/walkthrough area of the software on the front page, as we get closer to public beta, but for now there's nothing there yet. My first post in this thread gives a brief summary of it though. Feel free to shoot me an email at support@flexilis.com with any questions! :)
-Chris

Flexilis

Nov 5, 2008
Los Angeles
www.flexilis.com
There's nothing in the software that tracks the pages you view or anything, what that refers to is on our end we track what pages users use on the flexilis website the most, much the same way other websites do, to track what pages and content on our site our most popular, etc. :)

I just have one little question, on you privacy page you write:

Why do record the pages we visit?

mrcaze

Oct 28, 2007
Moscow
I'm still not sure what your program do, but it certainly doesn't behave the way I expect.
1) Why to require authorization so often?
2) Contrary to the stated phone number is not accepted for authorization. Only email.
3) I don't really know what you mean by "a few minutes", but currently Flexilis is authorizing my phone already for more than two hours. I see no progress bar and I don't understan what's going.
4) I can't stop authorization process.
5) Why the authorization process continues even when I close all connections? Did you invent new method of communication?
6) The program is hidden from task managers and process viewers. What for?

I didn't sniff the traffic but currently behavior of your program reminds more of malware rather than security software.

My conclusion: As I don't understand what your program is doing, I'm not going to test it anymore until additional guidance is provided.

Sorry, if I'm sounding harsh. It's just writing style (tough work, you know :))

Flexilis

Nov 5, 2008
Los Angeles
www.flexilis.com
No worries :)

1] once it's authorized the first time, it shouldnt have to authorize again, what kind of phone are you authorizing it on? we're making some fixes to the authorization process to make it even simpler that should roll out in the next release.

2] if you're outside of the US, you might need to add your country code and such if that's the case, let me know, or send me an email to support@flexilis.com so we can look into it.

3] per all authorization questions, it'll try til its authorized, again we're fixing this.

4] per the it being hidden from task managers, we've given this some discussion, for right now it's a security feature to try to prevent theives from disabling the software, though we might fix that in the future to have the app visible in there somehow.

As far as being more indepth on all of the features, we are working on a tour of sorts to explain it all before the beta goes public.

Thanks for the feedback! :)

-Chris

I'm still not sure what your program do, but it certainly doesn't behave the way I expect.
1) Why to require authorization so often?
2) Contrary to the stated phone number is not accepted for authorization. Only email.
3) I don't really know what you mean by "a few minutes", but currently Flexilis is authorizing my phone already for more than two hours. I see no progress bar and I don't understan what's going.
4) I can't stop authorization process.
5) Why the authorization process continues even when I close all connections? Did you invent new method of communication?
6) The program is hidden from task managers and process viewers. What for?

I didn't sniff the traffic but currently behavior of your program reminds more of malware rather than security software.

My conclusion: As I don't understand what your program is doing, I'm not going to test it anymore until additional guidance is provided.

Sorry, if I'm sounding harsh. It's just writing style (tough work, you know :))

fredcatsmommy

Sep 26, 2007
Authorizing a device ... what a hassle. I finally gave up since I couldn't tell if it was doing anything. No more testing for or feedback from me.

Flexilis

Nov 5, 2008
Los Angeles
www.flexilis.com
fredcatsmommy: sorry it didnt work out for you. hopefully in the future when that's fixed (should be less than a week), we can lure you back, it does some amazing stuff, but we do run into bugs from time to time due to the vast number of windows mobile devices out there, and only having a small test bed of them to work with. Keep your eyes peeled, and we'll have that fixed soon!

Authorizing a device ... what a hassle. I finally gave up since I couldn't tell if it was doing anything. No more testing for or feedback from me.

njakobs

Nov 17, 2007
Wellington
I think you need to tell us what the app actually does?

I have read this and your site and still don't know what it does?

Will hold off on trying it till I know.

Polargoat

Mar 6, 2008
Navarre, FL
seriously, the authorizing bugs should have been worked out before releasing a beta here. we cant even tell if its running, authorizing, stealing information from our devices, etc.. I surely hope this is a legit app youre pushing, if so, FIX IT, so we can at least see what it does.

thx

jhw549

Jul 19, 2008
Clifton, NJ
twitter.com
I installed and authorized with no issues what-so-ever... contrary to what everyone else is saying everything seems to work just fine. works great and doesn't seem to take much memory... not a single complaint here!

TheChampJT

Feb 7, 2008
Advertising your application for beta purposes is usually not a problem. But, it seems you are here more for "recruiting" testers than anything else. Looks like you joined for this purpose only.

My suggestion to you, is to give a little more description on your develpoment. Seems there are too many questions going unanswered here.

Polargoat

Mar 6, 2008
Navarre, FL
I installed and authorized with no issues what-so-ever... contrary to what everyone else is saying everything seems to work just fine. works great and doesn't seem to take much memory... not a single complaint here!

what device do you have? did you do anything special to get it working?

I have a sprint vogue and installed to main mem and the data conn. is constantly active.

jhw549

Jul 19, 2008
Clifton, NJ
twitter.com
Correction: The application works just fine if you don't have push e-mail (aren't connected to a remote exchange server), I have been having problems all day with my push e-mail from mail2web which I use to forward my work e-mail to my phone. I have therefore decided to remove it as I can't afford to have it interfere with work.