Question Flickering Videos in Ultrawide Mode

Search This thread

niko26

May 5, 2010
Hi,

das anyone of you also experience flickering videos where the zoom mode kind of jumps quickly forth and back between ultrawide and regular mode?

Easiest way to reproduce:
1. Start camera app
2. Switch to "Camera"
3. Set zoom level to "0.7" (Ultrawide mode)
4. Now hold the trigger button pressed so that it not only takes a photo but instead captures a video
5. Stop recording
6. Playback recording.

Example - attached.

Attachments

• PXL_20220628_085453331.LS_2.mp4
    6.7 MB · Views: 0

Alekos

Feb 18, 2008
Apps & Games
Google Pixel 3 XL
Hi,

das anyone of you also experience flickering videos where the zoom mode kind of jumps quickly forth and back between ultrawide and regular mode?

Easiest way to reproduce:
1. Start camera app
2. Switch to "Camera"
3. Set zoom level to "0.7" (Ultrawide mode)
4. Now hold the trigger button pressed so that it not only takes a photo but instead captures a video
5. Stop recording
6. Playback recording.

Example - attached.
does it only happen in this specific camera record mode? Did it happen before? Try another camera app (like Graphene Privacy Camera or MWP Gcam). also uninstall all updates for the google camera app, clear storage, restart, and test it again.

niko26

May 5, 2010
does it only happen in this specific camera record mode? Did it happen before? Try another camera app (like Graphene Privacy Camera or MWP Gcam). also uninstall all updates for the google camera app, clear storage, restart, and test it again.
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately that was not my question or request ;)

Have you tried it? Can you confirm it does (not) happen in your setup?
I have already a few users who have confirmed this and I am trying to get an idea of how widespread this issue occurs.

Btw, phone has been reinstalled already. It specifically happens in this mode only. That's why I have posted (hopefully) clear instructions about how to reproduce this issue.

Top Liked Posts