Fling (Local Media Streaming) now available under KyoCast (root required)

Search This thread

Kyonz

Jun 7, 2010
Auckland, New Zealand
Good Morning,

I have replaced the calls to the receiver in KyoCast with the one prior to Google purposefully removing the ability for local streaming.

Fling and other Local Video Streaming solutions that were available prior to googles change should now be working for KyoCast users. (Note that root is required in order to apply KyoCast).

For more information head over to the KyoCast release thread at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2516164[1]

Cheers.

Thanks to ddggttff3 for his contributions on this - really all credit should go to him :)

HowardZ

Apr 6, 2012
A few days ago I reflashed the latest flashcast with the new PwnedCast ROM.

I downloaded the fling 0.3 jar file found in one of the posts here and it worked.

I found on the internet fling 0.6, but it would not work.

I went to github and got the latest Fling source code, built it using Netbeans, and it also will not work.

It seems strange that Fling 0.3 works, but the latest version does not?

burnnie

Nov 27, 2012
Linz
I went to github and got the latest Fling source code, built it using Netbeans, and it also will not work.

Hi HowardZ,

if you want version 0.6 to work the only thing you have to do is change line 92 in FlingFrame.java to

Code:
private static final String APP_ID = CHROMECAST;

Then it should work.

But I didn't really notice any improvements over version 0.3

Reactions: Kyonz

HowardZ

Apr 6, 2012
Hi HowardZ,

if you want version 0.6 to work the only thing you have to do is change line 92 in FlingFrame.java to

Code:

Then it should work.

I gave that a try - and also changed the index.html file's app_id to be "ChromeCast"

but it did not work.

Perhaps it was a problem with interfacing with VLC?

Anyways, Fling 0.3 works ok.

Thanks

HowardZ

Apr 6, 2012
Actually 0.6 does work - with the small code change.

Problem is that the Fling screen does not show the movie is playing (like the 0.3 version shows), and my chromecast and television were in a different room than the computer.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good Morning,

I have replaced the calls to the receiver in KyoCast with the one prior to Google purposefully removing the ability for local streaming.

Fling and other Local Video Streaming solutions that were available prior to googles change should now be working for KyoCast users. (Note that root is required in order to apply KyoCast).

For more information head over to the KyoCast release thread at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2516164[1]

Cheers.

Thanks to ddggttff3 for his contributions on this - really all credit should go to him :)

Hi HowardZ,

Code:

Then it should work.