Question Flip 4 Battery Life?

Search This thread

johnny8910

Senior Member
Nov 11, 2010
845
263
Swindon
From what I've seen and heard in 72 hour reviews on YouTube, the battery is much better than the 3. I'm hopeful.
I've gone from from 100% down to 74% in 12 hours so far, for my usage (Light/Moderate).
My Flip 3 would have been down to nearer 50 - 55%.
So far, so good (y)

This is NOT a scientific appraisal, as every user has a different usage scenario.
 

johnny8910

Senior Member
Nov 11, 2010
845
263
Swindon
1 week update.
Battery life has been so much better than my old Flip3 this last week.
My usual stats on the 3 were around 65-75% daily usage.
On the 4, it's showing my average usage is anywhere between 45-50% on a daily basis 👍
 

sketron13

Senior Member
Mar 20, 2011
76
39
LG G5
T-Mobile LG G5
I had the flip 3 since release, battery life was pretty horrible. Have been running this flip 4 for a couple days and I can say the longer lasting battery is very noticable. The claimed better battery life is the main reason I decided to upgrade, along with the great trade in credit
 

nirurin

Senior Member
Nov 25, 2012
332
40
Bristol
Get mine tomorrow. If i get 4-5 hours SOT i would be thrilled.

I used to get 4-5 hours of screen time on my flip3, but that would end the day on about 15% battery remaining (starting from 85%, as I had it set to stop charging to protect the battery).

I now get 4-5 hours screen time out of my flip4, and still have 40%+ battery left (also starting at 85%).

Still learning patterns etc for the adaptive battery and background apps and suchlike, so it may even get better.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Vikram878

nasmanx

New member
Mar 5, 2013
2
0
I used to get 4-5 hours of screen time on my flip3, but that would end the day on about 15% battery remaining (starting from 85%, as I had it set to stop charging to protect the battery).

I now get 4-5 hours screen time out of my flip4, and still have 40%+ battery left (also starting at 85%).

Still learning patterns etc for the adaptive battery and background apps and suchlike, so it may even get better.

I'm only getting 4 hours on my flip 4... DId you change any battery settings or settings at all to get better battery life? Thanks
 

fjer

Member
Oct 24, 2011
5
0
Copenhagen
The battery in mine is also horrible. I got it on August 18, only charged it to 100% once, but according to AccuBattery the capacity is just above 3200 mAh (see below).
My primary reason for buying it was its 3700 mAh battery instead of the 3300 mAh in the Z Flip 3. 😞

Screenshot_20220902_201614_AccuBattery.jpg
 

velqn

Senior Member
Nov 15, 2007
160
135
I get between 4-6 SOT with mixed WiFi/LTE usage. Honestly what surprises me is that the Z Flip4 gets me more through the day vs my S22Ultra, but the WQHD+ and > screen explains it.

So the Flip4 would usually give me better SOT vs my S22U.
 

mt2020

Senior Member
Sep 13, 2009
232
16
Battery not as good as my last phone, which was like carrying a brick, but seems good enough. My issue is I like to use wireless charging, and seems takes 12 hours to charge to 100 from 35percent battery. Going to try another brand charger, but current one supports flip 4 max charge rate.

Edit: Found issue, my wall plug was too old, didn't support higher amps out
 
Last edited:

dopepope

Senior Member
Nov 11, 2008
66
5
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
Better than the flip 3 for me. I only charge to 85 percent before bed, unplug, then use through the day as needed. I'm in my computer for work more than my phone, so I'm not a mobile "power user" by any means. Have more than 20 percent at night when I plug it in usually. If I'm driving then I have it plugged in while I drive, so maybe the accounts for my good numbers.
 

acytoo

Member
Jul 28, 2012
29
11
Google Pixel
Google Pixel 3
The battery in mine is also horrible. I got it on August 18, only charged it to 100% once, but according to AccuBattery the capacity is just above 3200 mAh (see below).
My primary reason for buying it was its 3700 mAh battery instead of the 3300 mAh in the Z Flip 3. 😞

View attachment 5702903
I am getting the same battery health here. Did you return your phone? is this some first round phone problem?
 

Top Liked Posts

  • There are no posts matching your filters.
  • 2
    From what I've seen and heard in 72 hour reviews on YouTube, the battery is much better than the 3. I'm hopeful.
    2
    5h sot with such small battery and strong CPU, refresh rate 120 Hz is not a bad result, I don't know how it could be expected more, just don't buy this phone😎
    1
    Get mine tomorrow. If i get 4-5 hours SOT i would be thrilled.
    1
    real world tests show I get atleast 25-30% better batery life as well.
    1
    Get mine tomorrow. If i get 4-5 hours SOT i would be thrilled.

    I used to get 4-5 hours of screen time on my flip3, but that would end the day on about 15% battery remaining (starting from 85%, as I had it set to stop charging to protect the battery).

    I now get 4-5 hours screen time out of my flip4, and still have 40%+ battery left (also starting at 85%).

    Still learning patterns etc for the adaptive battery and background apps and suchlike, so it may even get better.