Flossy Carter Review

Search This thread

manus31

May 7, 2016
Have been hearing mostly bad things about this device since it's release but just watched this review from Flossy Carter who says this is the best mid range phone out there.

I've been looking for a device that has all this phone has,

Interested to know your opinions,

Is this similar to your experiences ?

Link to review:

Sufyan3D

Jul 21, 2016
Have been hearing mostly bad things about this device since it's release but just watched this review from Flossy Carter who says this is the best mid range phone out there.

Link to review:

It is the best midrange phone. Here are my pros and cons:

PROS:

1) Absolutely gorgeous 6.7" AMOLED screen. So sharp, vivid and bright with superb inky blacks. Bezels are so slim giving the phone a sleek immersive design.

2) Performance is superb. SD675 with One UI is fantastic. Everything is so smooth and lag free and it runs every game with high graphics and zero lag.

3) Battery life is excellent. I'm getting 10 hours screen on time. The 25w fast charger is amazing, it takes only 1 hour 15 minutes to get a full charge.

4) Audio quality through headphones is superb, clean and loud, with dolby atmos supported. In ear headphones which come supplied in the box are very good.

5) Complete package: NFC, Samsung Pay, Always On Display, Navigation Gestures, Dark mode etc.

CONS:

1) Camera low light performance is poor. But this can be fixed with Gcam's Night Mode. Video quality is average and lacks stablization making footage almost unusable. (Can be improved with software update)

2) On screen fingerprint scanner is slow and inaccurate (can be improved with software update)

3) Face Unlock is fast and accurate but it works even with closed eyes (can be fixed with software update)

3) Front panel has Gorilla Glass 3 protection only. At this price point you would expect atleast Gorilla Glass 5. Back panel and frame are plastic but they feel good in the hand nevertheless.

4) No stereo speakers. Speakers audio output is OK, could have been better.

5) 20:1 aspect ratio is a stupid decision from Samsung. Most videos have big black bars on both sides. You need to zoom in to make them full screen which sucks big time.

Last edited:

GavCity

May 11, 2019
In general use, as a navigation aid, browsing, music, watching video and making the odd call it is a very good phone. Having used it a couple of weeks I don't regret buying it. Battery has been very good which is one of the main reasons I got it. I haven't had to test the fast charging because it has easily lasted the day, every day.

I don't find the fingerprint that problematic and use it as the only method to unlock the phone except when a password is a required on reboot. I can understand why some are frustrated with it but with a bit of work and practice it works well for me in a second or under 95% of the time and works second or third time on other occasions. It never causes me more than a few seconds pause. A firmware update is apparently on the way to improve it further.

I only use the camera for the odd snap when out and about and it seems fine but I didn't buy it as a video cam or for low light photos and have never used it as such.

manus31

May 7, 2016

PROS:

1) Absolutely gorgeous 6.7" AMOLED screen. So sharp, vivid and bright with superb inky blacks. Bezels are so slim giving the phone a sleek immersive design.

2) Performance is superb. SD675 with One UI is fantastic. Everything is so smooth and lag free and it runs every game with high graphics and zero lag.

3) Battery life is excellent. I'm getting 10 hours screen on time. The 25w fast charger is amazing, it takes only 1 hour 15 minutes to get a full charge.

4) Audio quality through headphones is superb, clean and loud, with dolby atmos supported. In ear headphones which come supplied in the box are very good.

5) Complete package: NFC, Samsung Pay, Always On Display, Navigation Gestures, Dark mode etc.

CONS:

1) Camera low light performance is poor. But this can be fixed with Gcam's Night Mode. Video quality is average and lacks stablization making footage almost unusable. (Can be improved with software update)

2) On screen fingerprint scanner is slow and inaccurate (can be improved with software update)

3) Face Unlock is fast and accurate but it works even with closed eyes (can be fixed with software update)

3) Front panel has Gorilla Glass 3 protection only. At this price point you would expect atleast Gorilla Glass 5. Back panel and frame are plastic but they feel good in the hand nevertheless.

5) 20:1 aspect ratio is a stupid decision from Samsung. Most videos have big black bars on both sides. You need to zoom in to make them full screen which sucks big time.

Thanks for the reply,good list there and pretty much what Id expect.i was quite impressed watching the flossy Carter review, especially with the camera,seems to be some EIS stabilisation for certain video modes. The fingerprint seems to be an annoyance,. Not do much a problem with face unlock.Gorilla glass 3 is bot of a bummer also

I hear there is an A70s coming in the second part of the year,complete with the world's first 64mp camera on a phone,
Might be worth waiting for

Sufyan3D

Jul 21, 2016
Thanks for the reply,good list there and pretty much what Id expect.i was quite impressed watching the flossy Carter review, especially with the camera,seems to be some EIS stabilisation for certain video modes. The fingerprint seems to be an annoyance,. Not do much a problem with face unlock.Gorilla glass 3 is bot of a bummer also

I hear there is an A70s coming in the second part of the year,complete with the world's first 64mp camera on a phone,

I read it in the news today, hope there will be other improvements other than the 64mp camera.

The upcoming Xiaomi K20 looks very promising, with smaller screen and battery though. I'm waiting for the Xiaomi Mi Max 4, a real multimedia monster. If they stick to LCD it's a no buy for me.

Reactions: manus31

ssurampu

Sep 25, 2011
If a70 is a good phone by any reviewer then they have not considered some of the features which should be present at this price point.
If this is a good phone, then any phone in this price should stand good.
Major cons are
Speakers sound is very low. Have to be 80% or more. it is not loud at all.
6.7 Inch screen is good for nothing.
Type c is only for charging and no additional features.
Camera quality, it is better if we don't talk much on it.
Slow motion and super slow motion are useless.
They are just for marketing and not for use.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Link to review:

PROS:

CONS:

In general use, as a navigation aid, browsing, music, watching video and making the odd call it is a very good phone. Having used it a couple of weeks I don't regret buying it. Battery has been very good which is one of the main reasons I got it. I haven't had to test the fast charging because it has easily lasted the day, every day.

I don't find the fingerprint that problematic and use it as the only method to unlock the phone except when a password is a required on reboot. I can understand why some are frustrated with it but with a bit of work and practice it works well for me in a second or under 95% of the time and works second or third time on other occasions. It never causes me more than a few seconds pause. A firmware update is apparently on the way to improve it further.

I only use the camera for the odd snap when out and about and it seems fine but I didn't buy it as a video cam or for low light photos and have never used it as such.

I read it in the news today, hope there will be other improvements other than the 64mp camera.

The upcoming Xiaomi K20 looks very promising, with smaller screen and battery though. I'm waiting for the Xiaomi Mi Max 4, a real multimedia monster. If they stick to LCD it's a no buy for me.
    He does good reviews, I think the amount of majors before the go is relevant to how good the phone is.i think he gave this one 3 majors,not sure.would need to watch it again
    Shout out to white shoes lol

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk
    Seriously he should do a review on white shoes
    White shoes is a major, major go

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk