• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Fluid OS][Android 11] Guide to install Fluid OS on Huawei Honor 6X

Was this useful?

• Total voters
Search This thread

Venkata Lochan Nune

Apr 19, 2021
India
Lenovo A7000
Honor 6X
Unfortunately this version is so buggy, i Rolled back to EMUI 5 :confused:
WTH? did you use the device specific EMUI 8 while installing this ROM? @Kentoto2021 and @VarianWrynn recently found that using EMUI 8 for hi6250 isn't causing any problems. But using the device specific EMUI 8 of our device is having some bugs... Didn't you check out the discussion? I'll update post 1 as soon a possible...

Or you used the EMUI 8 for hi6250 and still facing problems? Describe your issue. I'll help you out

Venkata Lochan Nune

Apr 19, 2021
India
Lenovo A7000
Honor 6X
Really ? I can't find it in my phone settings.
I only have Phh Treble Settings. Can't find either on developers options
Phh treble settings > misc features.
Screenshot_20210723-221842_PhhTrebleApp.png

How on the earth did you even think I would live without root? 🤣🤣🤣

Kentoto2021

Feb 22, 2021
Ok nice thank you ! Lol haha

So basically if I didn't enable SU, I don't have to remove it right ?
I check it and try safetynet check and it's worst ! (I disable SU before the test)

I have before install SU, only CTS profile match fail, but now after installing SU, and uninstall it th test fail on Basic integrity, maybe I should restart my phone

Hey @Kentoto2021 what do you think about Hassan's case in post #183? Ofcourse he didn't mention anything but I think it's the same case of having the device specific EMUI 8.
Mm need more details about his case, buggy means nothing and all 😅.
Did he install correctly EMUI 8 from EMUI 5 with Honor BLN-22 version ?

Reactions: Venkata Lochan Nune

Venkata Lochan Nune

Apr 19, 2021
India
Lenovo A7000
Honor 6X
Yes please 🙂 , it would be awesome !

Ah ok, but there are SuperSU 2.82 on their website though
Try this
Update Q fixes:

How to fix safetynet issues on phh's Q + msg on booting "there is problem in your device ..." :

-Download UnSu.zip
-Download Termux (or use adb)
-Download magisk phh build ( tested with magisk.phh.v19.3 )

#####

-Place unSu.zip on SD card
-Flash magisk phh build
-In termux, enter:
su
(Grant permission on window)
for termux:
phh-su 0 /system/bin/phh-securize.sh
(Add adb shell if using adb)
-Reboot to twrp, mount /system.
-Go to advanced -> File manager : delete /system/app/bin/phh-su
-Factory reset with twrp.
-Flash magisk phh build, reboot.

#####
For now BasicIntegrity should be fixed (true) + android's msg on booting should gone
#####

-In magisk repository (download section), install magisk hide props and BusyBox
-Reboot
-Install termux (or use adb), and run:
su
props
f
y
Reboot.

#######
CtsProfile should be fixed (true)
#######

Enjoy !

Credits :
@PHHtreble @hi6250group's members
Or this
How to pass safetynet on GSIs :
( tested on Havoc 2.9 - 12/09/19 build - & open_gapps-arm64-9.0-pico-20190823 )

You're running your gsi + gapps , no need to any wipe data or format ..
1 - Go to twrp & flash UnSu - bellow link -
2 - Mount system & navigate to :
system/bin/ and delete phh-securise.sh
system/bin/ and delete phh-su
system/etc/ and delete su.rc
system/xbin/ and delete su ( if found )
3 - Unmount system
4 - Flash magisk ( v19.2 in my case )
5 - Boot to system ..
6 - From magisk module section install busybox and latest MagiskHideProp ( P10 lite prop added by me as it wasn't at list ) - bellow link -
7 - Reboot and go to termux app ( download it from Play store ) and tap :
su < enter >
props < enter >

Choose according to your device ( in my case P10 lite )
1 < enter > , f < enter > , 8 < enter > , 11 < enter > , y < enter > , y < enter > .. reboot
8 - Check safetynet in magisk app :)
Phh SU is different from SuperSU. Phh su only modifies the system partition whereas superSU modifies ramdisk and other partitions too (AFAIK).

They both are different. v2.82 is superSu's not phh su's.

Click on hami do's name to go to his post for the attachments. In the thread which gets opened, go to the last page for latest magisk.

Reactions: Djiban

Kentoto2021

Feb 22, 2021
Try this

Or this

Phh SU is different from SuperSU. Phh su only modifies the system partition whereas superSU modifies ramdisk and other partitions too (AFAIK).

They both are different. v2.82 is superSu's not phh su's.

Click on hami do's name to go to his post for the attachments. In the thread which gets opened, go to the last page for latest magisk.
Thanks a lot !
I'll try it, thank you a thousand times 🤩

• Love
Reactions: Venkata Lochan Nune

hassan7192

Apr 4, 2020
WTH? did you use the device specific EMUI 8 while installing this ROM? @Kentoto2021 and @VarianWrynn recently found that using EMUI 8 for hi6250 isn't causing any problems. But using the device specific EMUI 8 of our device is having some bugs... Didn't you check out the discussion? I'll update post 1 as soon a possible...

Or you used the EMUI 8 for hi6250 and still facing problems? Describe your issue. I'll help you out
hi again, i dont use the device specific EMUI 8. my phone model is LBN-L21 and build number is LBN-L21C185B392 that Run EMUI 5 based on android 7. I followed the instructions in the post exactly and was able to install this version on my phone. I was very excited, but the many bugs and nerves that existed made me go back to Android 7. here is a list of some bugs I encountered:

1. When I turn on Bluetooth and Wi-Fi from the notification panel, it crashes and goes to the lock screen.
2. Can't change the type of network to 3g or 2g from the mobile network section and it is locked on 4g.
3. Sometimes google play store crashes (This happens a lot).
4. In the opened applications section, you can not browse between applications and select another application that has been opened. When we open this section, only the last app that was opened can be accessed.
5. When I open the camera app of the phone, it asks to insert the memory card and it cannot be used
6. This problem is very deadly. After turning the phone off and on a few times, it no longer turns on and gets stuck in a loop, and the only way I could access my device is to reset the device from the Huawei recovery , which is clear that all things on the device will be lost.

Venkata Lochan Nune

Apr 19, 2021
India
Lenovo A7000
Honor 6X
hi again, i dont use the device specific EMUI 8. my phone model is LBN-L21 and build number is LBN-L21C185B392 that Run EMUI 5 based on android 7. I followed the instructions in the post exactly and was able to install this version on my phone. I was very excited, but the many bugs and nerves that existed made me go back to Android 7. here is a list of some bugs I encountered:

1. When I turn on Bluetooth and Wi-Fi from the notification panel, it crashes and goes to the lock screen.
2. Can't change the type of network to 3g or 2g from the mobile network section and it is locked on 4g.
3. Sometimes google play store crashes (This happens a lot).
4. In the opened applications section, you can not browse between applications and select another application that has been opened. When we open this section, only the last app that was opened can be accessed.
5. When I open the camera app of the phone, it asks to insert the memory card and it cannot be used
6. This problem is very deadly. After turning the phone off and on a few times, it no longer turns on and gets stuck in a loop, and the only way I could access my device is to reset the device from the Huawei recovery , which is clear that all things on the device will be lost.
Oh that's quite a long list...
I've just updated the post 1 yesterday in which I described the process of installing base EMUI 8 for hi6250 in a spoiler above the procedure. First, update again to EMUI 8 in the old method and then follow the process described in spoiler. Install Fluid OS again. You shouldn't face any problems then.

Jan 28, 2018
i totally messed up my honor 6x after installing fluid os, then, i successfully installed factory os by test point method. then i change region to BLN. then i installed EMUI 8 directly to emui 2 (my biggest mistake). then my device got bootloader locked after installing emui 8, after installing emui 8 it asked for factory reset device but reset failed. i used fastboot method to unlock bootloader. then it needs to factory reset after unlocking bootloader. when it try to factory rest after unlocking bootloader then rest again fail. i cant even install emui 2 (factory software, test point method) due to fastboot locked state . i am stucked in bootloader locked state. after then i tried to unlock bootloader by Potatonm software. but it fail. to change bootloader code.

then i gave honor 6x to service center, now my phone is in android 7. now the main problem is i got 6x in bootloader unlocked state. when i tried to lock my bootloader from fast boot "fastboot oem relock ********" then it fails to lock bootloader..... now my main concern is if i upgrade my phone to emui 8 bootloader will it lock or not. if it get locked then boot loader code will work to unlock it or not? is there any way to find out bootloader code in fastboot unlocked state? cause my device is in fastboot unlocked state and frp unlocked state
unlocked oem.PNG

Venkata Lochan Nune

Apr 19, 2021
India
Lenovo A7000
Honor 6X
then i gave honor 6x to service center,
Oh.. you could have done it yourself.
fails to lock bootloader
Because the unlock code most probably changed.
Use PotatoNV again to reset bootloader unlock code.
now my main concern is if i upgrade my phone to emui 8 bootloader will it lock or not
No. It will remain unlocked.
if it get locked then boot loader code will work to unlock it or not? is there any way to find out bootloader code in fastboot unlocked state? cause my device is in fastboot unlocked state and frp unlocked state
Use PotatoNV again to reset bootloader unlock code.
And yeah the command is
Code:
fastboot oem relock *code*

My god that's a quite long message... 😪😦

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Follow the telegram groups and rose bot will help you with everything...

If you reply with "#best-roms" you'll get this..
    Best roms for our Huawei devices:

1. Lineage 18.1 by DarkJoker360

======================
    Phh-Treble gsis

2. AOSP 11 by @phhusson
    3. CrDroid by @eternityson
    4. Bliss Roms/Bless 11 by @eternityson
    5. CAOS 11 by @eternityson
    To correctly install them use #a11-installation-guide
    Also download GSI image for a-only/arm64 variant!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

And for bugs, you need to search "a11-fixes"

A11 fixes "2" Workarounds/Fixes for Lineage 18.1 and other A11 GSI's:

- Gapps :
    NikGapps Core - https://sourceforge.net/projects/ni...ps-core-arm64-11-20210131-signed.zip/download
    OpenGapps Pico - https://sourceforge.net/projects/op...ps-arm64-11.0-pico-20210110-TEST.zip/download

- Fingerprint:
    At first I couldn't add my FP, then I went to "Settings/System/Gestures" and enabled "Swipe fingerprint for notifications"
    and tested if I can scroll notifications with it, after that I disabled it and then I noticed that I could add FP. So in the end it WORKS.

- Calling :
    If you are using NikGapps, u need to go to "Settings/Apps and Notifications/Default Apps" and set default Phone app/Dialer.
    Then you can make calls without problems.

- Sounds for notifications/alarm :
    Can't be found, you need to download and install "Google/Pixel Sounds app" and set ringtone sound manually.
    Download:

- Root :
    As default it doesn't work. But it can be enabled using one of Hamido's 3 methods. You can find them here in group, hit "search button".
    Download: https://sourceforge.net/projects/latviandude-s-projects/files/Huawei P8 Lite 2017/Android 11/Fixes-Workarounds/Root/

- Netflix :
    Latest versions doesn't let you play videos, I believe.. So to be able do that you need to download this version - "6_26_1_build_15_31696_31696".
    It will still give you sometimes error messages ,for example, when you try to play next episode but at least you will be able to watch something.
    Download: https://sourceforge.net/projects/latviandude-s-projects/files/Huawei P8 Lite 2017/Android 11/Fixes-Workarounds/Netflix/

- Instagram :
    Everything is ok except you can't add Story from Gallery, so to fix this you need to install older Instagram version. (apkmirror)

- OneDrive :
    It's ok, except you can't download your files, documents using app. But there's an workaround, Thanks to Hamido like always.
    You can download your files using ADM Browser app (PlayStore)

- RIL/Network :
    As I have Latvia SIM Card and Dual Sim Variant - PRA-LX1, after first boot I notice - Network restart issue.
    To fix it you need to set PIN Lock from different device, if it doesn't help, you need to disable Dual sim with "persist.radio.multisim.config=none"
    and reboot ur device, usually it works, else u need to go to Settings and reset APN settings.

Google Maps, fails to detect correct location (some meters accuracy inside house but I'm sure it works,
    u just need to go outside and do some walking to get more accurate location)

If you are havin other issues, you prolly didn't follow a11-installation guide! Else if you did, tell us your problem :) use a11-fixes2 as hashtag.
    Ahh thanks for reply...yeah I have joined the group
    @Venkata Lochan Nune
    After almost 2 month using the OS, i found two issues that can be related to this ROM or AOSP 11 in general.

The phone can overheating and bug as hell after a long usage and a lot of app install on it. (It happens me twice and need to factory reset each time)
    The overheating goes to 40-50°C, but the overheating is on the full phone surface. Normally when you have 40°C, you can't very feel it on your hand, but when the whole system start to lag, the phone became a barbecue heater x)

The other problem is Whatsapp. Whatsapp app cause the data partition corrupted, and so a factory reset is mandatory.
    It happens me 5 times, each after installing Whatsapp.
    So whatsapp definitely not compatible on this ROM. I install it yesterday and today, and restarting my phone even cause a Data partition severely damaged.

I'm not sure if it's because to the huge amount of data created by Whatsapp.

Also, the Google restore not working so i cannot backup my previous settings and app installed, and have to reinstall and resetup all manually.
    Also since the camera app save image on local storage, I loose each time my image on factory reset.

Waiting for the AOSP 12, there is not any more hope on this AOSP 11 :(
    Did you check if the usb debugging is enabled? If yes, disable it. It is the main reason for my phone to heat up. After disabling that, my phone cooled down.

Tyr asking about your problems in the telegram group I've mentioned. They are much more experienced than me and might be able to help you out.
    POST - v3
    (This number will increase every time the post is updated.)
    What's new in v3?
    Added procedure in a new spoiler to install the base EMUI 8 for hi6250 devices as using the EMUI 8 we get with our device is causing some errors and bugs. Thanks to @Kentoto2021 and @VarianWrynn for testing and reporting this problem.

What's new in v2?
    Updated the thread with newly found bugs in "What isn't working" section.
    Made small changes to thread.

What's new in v1?
    Took a lot of time to collect the infinity stones.
    Took even longer to make Mr. Thanos snap this thread to existence.

What's new in v0?
    LoL 🤣 Who knows?

This ROM is none of my work. I just tested it and provided appropriate procedure and fixes to errors(Found nothing yet).
    Thanks a ton to @Hami_Do for making this possible. Original Post : link.

Thanks to Huawei for making their phones nearly unbrickable 🤣🤣.
    Thanks again to Huawei for making more than one device with hi6250 chipset.

Thanks a lot to @Djiban for helping me and testing different procedures, fixes and ROMs.

Follow this thread only if you know what you're doing. I'm not responsibe for any damage or thermonuclear wars 🙄.

Read the post completely and understand it before doing anything ATLEAST FOR THE SAKE OF MANKIND ❗❕❗.

This thread is best viewed in PC and is Noob Friendly.

Requirements:
    • Huawei Honor 6X (Unlocked Bootloader. If not, follow this post (using PotatoNV) or YouTube video.
    • EMUI 8 (If not, you could follow this guide, direct file : link).
    • GSI from link.
    • TWRP from attachments or link or any other TWRP recovery compatible with Honor 6X EMUI 8.
    • Gapps(Optional, I used pico OpenGapps).
    • stock recovery (available in attachments).
    • Time.
    • PC.
    • ADB and Fastboot.
    • Patience.
    • Human Brain.
    ALL IN ONE GUIDE : Check it out here. It contains every thing in detail all the way from bricked device -> EMUI 2 -> EMUI 5 -> EMUI 8 -> AOSP 10. Thanks to @lmaohelp for his effort and describing everything in detail.

Useful Information :
    • What is OpenGapps? Check it out at OpenGapps.org!
    • What is ARM64? it is a 64 bit operating system/platform.

What isn't working :
    Usb Notification (Options will be greyed out. To transfer files, go to Developer Options > Default USB configuration > set it to File Transfer).
    Dual sim is buggy. Single sim works perfectly. Thanks to @Loopeez for reporting it.

What's Working :
    Everything.
    *Tell me if something isn't working.

***If you have a bricked device/messed up somewhere during the process and unable to figure out what to do, follow this guide by @lmaohelp .***

This was already described in a separate thread which describes the process to get back to EMUI 8 from custom ROMs. You can find it here.

Just follow the procedure in that thread. You need not even flash the frp unlock thing. After that, follow the process described in this thread.

It's recommended to be on original EMUI 8 before installing base EMUI 8 for hi6250. Follow the process linked in requirements to install EMUI 8 first then follow this spoiler.

Procedure :
    • Make sure your device is running stock EMUI 8.
    • Extract downloaded image using some xz extractor(7zip can also do this), copy it to pc.
    • Reboot your device to TWRP.
    • Format the data partition {Wipe > Format data > type "yes"}
    • Flash fstab.hi6250b.zip from attachments
    • Check if your device is detected by adb using
      Code:
      adb devices
    • Move the img file using adb to device
      Code:
      adb push -p *img-name*.img /sdcard/
      (the img file must be in adb directory).
    • (Optional, only if you want gapps) Move Gapps in the same manner
      Code:
      adb push -p *gapps-name*.zip /sdcard/
      (the zip file must be in adb directory).
    • Install img as system image {Install > Install Image > Select > Choose system image > Swipe➡}.
    • (Optional, only if you want gapps) Unmount and Remount system partition as writable. Go to wipe > advanced wipe > Choose system > resize > Swipe➡.
    • Flash gapps.
    • Flash stock recovery. Push it with adb using
      Code:
      adb push -p stock_recovery_ramdisk.img /sdcard/
      and flash it with twrp as "Recovery" after choosing install image.
    • Disconnect your device from PC and reboot to recovery(stock one).
    • Clear cache partition and perform a factory reset(You'll get an error during factory reset but you have to do it) (your device will bootloop if wiped with twrp itself).
    • Reboot, Cross your fingers 🤞 and wait.
    >Booting is quite different in android 11 ROMs on our device. You'll see the "Your device has been unlocked" screen for more time than usual. Then, you'll see the boot animation (for very short time on subsequent boots) and the device will boot to ROM. So, be patient. (This isn't the case with ROMs upto android 10)

>Face Unlock is working perfectly

Additionals:
    >Its better to charge your device to atleast 70% before doing anything as you'll have ample of time to recover it if you messed up something. If not, you can still charge your device in eRecovery mode and twrp but i found some issues like heating up and slow charging.
    >Don't forget to set ringtone, notification and other sounds from settings after booting.

Updates :
    • Nothing yet...

😊Happy Flashing !
    Screenshot_20210609-195552_Fluid_Launcher.png
    Screenshot_20210609-195550_Fluid_Launcher.png
    Screenshot_20210609-195607_Fluid_Launcher.png
    Screenshot_20210609-195628_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20210609-195637_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20210609-195805_Files.png
    Really ? I can't find it in my phone settings.
    I only have Phh Treble Settings. Can't find either on developers options
    Phh treble settings > misc features.
    Screenshot_20210723-221842_PhhTrebleApp.png

How on the earth did you even think I would live without root? 🤣🤣🤣
    Hello, do you know how can I factory reset in the Huawei ERecovery step at the end ?
    I try to do it so but it keep reboot my phone to TWRP recovery, it's like I can't wipe data/factory reset my phone from the stock recovery.
    Maybe TWRP is bloking it ? Should I disable something in the TWRP settings ?

Between thanks for yours work !
    Your mistake is that your using stock erecovery.

You have to use stock recovery. Meaning flashing the stock recovery provided in post 1 over the twrp recovery :

- in TWRP Recovery Flash STOCK_RECOVERY_RAMDISK.img {Install > Install Image > Select > Choose recovery image > Swipe}

- in TWRP recovery, reboot to recovery (even if TWRP says no OS installed)

- in Stock recovery, wipe cache and factory reset (error is normal)

- in Stock recovery, reboot and wait
    Is it Gapps ? I use the nano one
    Nope, there's an app on play store called "power menu controls" download that. And the other, you could use Tasker(also an app from play store) to create your custom controls like the ones I did for screen rotation.
    🤣 Well I think I did send you the correct command in post 27...

Yes, the EMUI 8 update will override twrp and partitions will change. Now use the twrp from the attachments in post 1. The fastboot command also will change. You have to use
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk twrp.img
    Finally had the time to install it and surprise, I succeeded :)
    Now I just need to test it...

Thanks for you help!