[Fluid OS][Android 11] Guide to install Fluid OS on Huawei Honor 6X

Was this useful?

• Total voters
Search This thread

jottect

Sep 1, 2015
Motorola Edge (2021)
Indeed! I once tried using AOSP 10 with floss services and without Google ones but yeah it didn't last even a day... lol 😂 I flashed gapps within 5 hrs. 🤣😂
Well, did not go too far... when trying to flash twrp, I'm getting an error:
fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk twrp.img
target reported max download size of 471859200 bytes
sending 'recovery_ramdisk' (24466 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.642s]
writing 'recovery_ramdisk'...
FAILED (remote: partition length get error)
finished.

Ideas?
I'm on EMUI 5.0.4

Venkata Lochan Nune

Apr 19, 2021
India
Lenovo A7000
Honor 6X
Well, did not go too far... when trying to flash twrp, I'm getting an error:
target reported max download size of 471859200 bytes
sending 'recovery_ramdisk' (24466 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.642s]
writing 'recovery_ramdisk'...
FAILED (remote: partition length get error)
finished.

Ideas?
I'm on EMUI 5.0.4
You have to upgrade to umui 8 to install this.

If you trying a twrp on emui 5 to upgrade to emui 8, you have to use
Code:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
. And the twrp I attached isn't compatible with emui 8. You have to find another one.
Try this https://xdaforums.com/t/twrp-3-2-1-...upport-for-honor-6x-by-hassanmirza01.3733201/

jottect

Sep 1, 2015
Motorola Edge (2021)
You have to upgrade to umui 8 to install this.

If you trying a twrp on emui 5 to upgrade to emui 8, you have to use
Code:
. And the twrp I attached isn't compatible with emui 8. You have to find another one.
Try this https://xdaforums.com/t/twrp-3-2-1-...upport-for-honor-6x-by-hassanmirza01.3733201/

Well, I was trying to follow the video and instructions, and both of them (video
and instructions: EMUI 5 to EMUI 8 (REQUIRED FILES: Honor 6X EMUI 5 to EMUI 8.rar) shows that you flash twrp BEFORE upgrading to EMUI8. Did I miss something?
Thanks!

Venkata Lochan Nune

Apr 19, 2021
India
Lenovo A7000
Honor 6X
Well, I was trying to follow the video and instructions, and both of them (video
and instructions: EMUI 5 to EMUI 8 (REQUIRED FILES: Honor 6X EMUI 5 to EMUI 8.rar) shows that you flash twrp BEFORE upgrading to EMUI8. Did I miss something?
Thanks!
You have to flash twrp from link I mentioned in my previous post in your case. As you're on emui 5

Kentoto2021

Feb 22, 2021
Try to use this command instead if you still at EMUI 6.X

The one with recovery_ramdisk is only when you have to install the twrp required to install Fluid OS (Android 11) of this thread

Edit : Oh my bad didn't see the page 2 of this thread, lmao I click on the notification that is not reloaded, sorry

• Haha
Reactions: Venkata Lochan Nune

jottect

Sep 1, 2015
Motorola Edge (2021)
Alrighty, first did you really unlock your bootloader?
Once try agin
Code:
fastboot oem unlock <your code>
and check what it says...

If successful, repeat the flashing...
Fudge! One of the videos showed to replace unlock codes with 11111111, I did that when unlocking and now when I try that command with 1111111 it say 'wrong password', so I think I have to do it again...

Venkata Lochan Nune

Apr 19, 2021
India
Lenovo A7000
Honor 6X
Fudge! One of the videos showed to replace unlock codes with 11111111, I did that when unlocking and now when I try that command with 1111111 it say 'wrong password', so I think I have to do it again...
Lol mann... Did you use the potatoNV tool? You'll have a field named bootloader unlock code(you have to use it).
View attachment images_1.webp

Similar to this.

Last edited:

jottect

Sep 1, 2015
Motorola Edge (2021)
Lol mann... Did you use the potatoNV tool? You'll have a field named bootloader unlock code(you have to use it).
View attachment 5340655

Similar to this.
Lol man, the instructions said to use
fastboot oem unlock code <mycode>
and in reality you should run
fastboot oem unlock <mycode> lol

Story short: I have installed TWRP berlin, I'm all good all the way to EMUI 8 and ready to install FluidOS and I'm at step: Reboot your device to TWRP.
adb reboot recovery takes me to EMUI recovery, did EMUI 8 overwrite my TWRP? I need to install it again?

Venkata Lochan Nune

Apr 19, 2021
India
Lenovo A7000
Honor 6X
Last edited:

Loopeez

Mar 2, 2015
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Hi, thanks for share this great ROM, Are you trying or testing another GSI a11 ROM like more recent cause I can try it to help with report bugs and put fixes etc... There's something to activate one hand mode like EMUI? And this support dual sim?

Venkata Lochan Nune

Apr 19, 2021
India
Lenovo A7000
Honor 6X
trying or testing another GSI a11 ROM
Mmmm... I'm still having phh AOSP 11 and @DarkJoker360 Lineage OS in my to-do list but I'm not doing it now as I actually wanted android 12(I like android 10 more than 11 as is has very less issues with encryption and it works out of the box without much fixes) and before the 12 builds, I thought of sticking with this.

Please try darkjoker's Lineage os 18 with the same procedure if you are willing to and if yes, I'll start a conversation between us.

There's something to activate one hand mode like EMUI
I think no... But XDA's old one handed mode app still works! As far as I remember, we are getting a native one handed mode with android 12...
And this support dual sim?
Yes, this supports dual sim but I didn't actually test it(also has option to switch primiary sim which is used for data in quick settings itself). I'll let you know after testing it today.
Screenshot_20210619-053724_Opera_1.png

Update : dual sim works for me
Screenshot_20210619-104535_Settings[1].png

Last edited:

Djiban

Aug 22, 2014
Saint Remy les chevreuse
Hi, thanks for share this great ROM, Are you trying or testing another GSI a11 ROM like more recent cause I can try it to help with report bugs and put fixes etc... There's something to activate one hand mode like EMUI? And this support dual sim?
Didn't try dual sim, sorry

If you try darkjoker's aosp or lineage os, there must be additional steps to install. I can give you some hints in private, or if you open a new thread.

You can also use this one: https://xdaforums.com/t/development-and-testing-semi-active-android-11-on-huawei-honor-6x.4283969/

Last edited:

Loopeez

Mar 2, 2015
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
I tried and it worked for me.
@Djiban @Venkata Lochan Nune
Thanks to both of you for your time and information, I tried to put this ROM but the only perceptible problem (I did not notice other very noticeable or present problems in the system, only Nicky gapps in twrp) was Ril / Data, it constantly restarts and does not The data works, install many times in different ways but the problem was still present, seeing the answer that if it supports dual sim, that is, if it does but it is not functional, at least in my case it is like that, in fact with a single sim also happened ... I went back to emui and reinstalled, reinstalled without returning to emui well many ways, I plan to try Lineage but then I plan to wait for the developer to release a few more versions, if you leave me the additional steps to do it, preferably here so that other people try and help development

jottect

Sep 1, 2015
Motorola Edge (2021)
🤣 Well I think I did send you the correct command in post 27...

Yes, the EMUI 8 update will override twrp and partitions will change. Now use the twrp from the attachments in post 1. The fastboot command also will change. You have to use
Code:
Finally had the time to install it and surprise, I succeeded :)
Now I just need to test it...

Thanks for you help!

Venkata Lochan Nune

Apr 19, 2021
India
Lenovo A7000
Honor 6X
@Djiban @Venkata Lochan Nune
Thanks to both of you for your time and information, I tried to put this ROM but the only perceptible problem (I did not notice other very noticeable or present problems in the system, only Nicky gapps in twrp) was Ril / Data, it constantly restarts and does not The data works, install many times in different ways but the problem was still present, seeing the answer that if it supports dual sim, that is, if it does but it is not functional, at least in my case it is like that, in fact with a single sim also happened ... I went back to emui and reinstalled, reinstalled without returning to emui well many ways, I plan to try Lineage but then I plan to wait for the developer to release a few more versions, if you leave me the additional steps to do it, preferably here so that other people try and help development
Did you mean you used NikGapps? NikGapps are buggy on our device... I never even succeeded flashing them. Everytime, I would get error in twrp whatever I do.

Try using OpenGapps. They're very smooth...

And what do you mean by constant restarts? The device? I didn't get you... 😔

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    POST - v3
    (This number will increase every time the post is updated.)
    What's new in v3?
    Added procedure in a new spoiler to install the base EMUI 8 for hi6250 devices as using the EMUI 8 we get with our device is causing some errors and bugs. Thanks to @Kentoto2021 and @VarianWrynn for testing and reporting this problem.

What's new in v2?
    Updated the thread with newly found bugs in "What isn't working" section.
    Made small changes to thread.

What's new in v1?
    Took a lot of time to collect the infinity stones.
    Took even longer to make Mr. Thanos snap this thread to existence.

What's new in v0?
    LoL 🤣 Who knows?

This ROM is none of my work. I just tested it and provided appropriate procedure and fixes to errors(Found nothing yet).
    Thanks a ton to @Hami_Do for making this possible. Original Post : link.

Thanks to Huawei for making their phones nearly unbrickable 🤣🤣.
    Thanks again to Huawei for making more than one device with hi6250 chipset.

Thanks a lot to @Djiban for helping me and testing different procedures, fixes and ROMs.

Follow this thread only if you know what you're doing. I'm not responsibe for any damage or thermonuclear wars 🙄.

Read the post completely and understand it before doing anything ATLEAST FOR THE SAKE OF MANKIND ❗❕❗.

This thread is best viewed in PC and is Noob Friendly.

Requirements:
    • Huawei Honor 6X (Unlocked Bootloader. If not, follow this post (using PotatoNV) or YouTube video.
    • EMUI 8 (If not, you could follow this guide, direct file : link).
    • GSI from link.
    • TWRP from attachments or link or any other TWRP recovery compatible with Honor 6X EMUI 8.
    • Gapps(Optional, I used pico OpenGapps).
    • stock recovery (available in attachments).
    • Time.
    • PC.
    • ADB and Fastboot.
    • Patience.
    • Human Brain.
    ALL IN ONE GUIDE : Check it out here. It contains every thing in detail all the way from bricked device -> EMUI 2 -> EMUI 5 -> EMUI 8 -> AOSP 10. Thanks to @lmaohelp for his effort and describing everything in detail.

Useful Information :
    • What is OpenGapps? Check it out at OpenGapps.org!
    • What is ARM64? it is a 64 bit operating system/platform.

What isn't working :
    Usb Notification (Options will be greyed out. To transfer files, go to Developer Options > Default USB configuration > set it to File Transfer).
    Dual sim is buggy. Single sim works perfectly. Thanks to @Loopeez for reporting it.

What's Working :
    Everything.
    *Tell me if something isn't working.

***If you have a bricked device/messed up somewhere during the process and unable to figure out what to do, follow this guide by @lmaohelp .***

This was already described in a separate thread which describes the process to get back to EMUI 8 from custom ROMs. You can find it here.

Just follow the procedure in that thread. You need not even flash the frp unlock thing. After that, follow the process described in this thread.

It's recommended to be on original EMUI 8 before installing base EMUI 8 for hi6250. Follow the process linked in requirements to install EMUI 8 first then follow this spoiler.

Procedure :
    • Make sure your device is running stock EMUI 8.
    • Extract downloaded image using some xz extractor(7zip can also do this), copy it to pc.
    • Reboot your device to TWRP.
    • Format the data partition {Wipe > Format data > type "yes"}
    • Flash fstab.hi6250b.zip from attachments
    • Check if your device is detected by adb using
      Code:
      adb devices
    • Move the img file using adb to device
      Code:
      adb push -p *img-name*.img /sdcard/
      (the img file must be in adb directory).
    • (Optional, only if you want gapps) Move Gapps in the same manner
      Code:
      adb push -p *gapps-name*.zip /sdcard/
      (the zip file must be in adb directory).
    • Install img as system image {Install > Install Image > Select > Choose system image > Swipe➡}.
    • (Optional, only if you want gapps) Unmount and Remount system partition as writable. Go to wipe > advanced wipe > Choose system > resize > Swipe➡.
    • Flash gapps.
    • Flash stock recovery. Push it with adb using
      Code:
      adb push -p stock_recovery_ramdisk.img /sdcard/
      and flash it with twrp as "Recovery" after choosing install image.
    • Disconnect your device from PC and reboot to recovery(stock one).
    • Clear cache partition and perform a factory reset(You'll get an error during factory reset but you have to do it) (your device will bootloop if wiped with twrp itself).
    • Reboot, Cross your fingers 🤞 and wait.
    >Booting is quite different in android 11 ROMs on our device. You'll see the "Your device has been unlocked" screen for more time than usual. Then, you'll see the boot animation (for very short time on subsequent boots) and the device will boot to ROM. So, be patient. (This isn't the case with ROMs upto android 10)

>Face Unlock is working perfectly

Additionals:
    >Its better to charge your device to atleast 70% before doing anything as you'll have ample of time to recover it if you messed up something. If not, you can still charge your device in eRecovery mode and twrp but i found some issues like heating up and slow charging.
    >Don't forget to set ringtone, notification and other sounds from settings after booting.

Updates :
    • Nothing yet...

😊Happy Flashing !
    Screenshot_20210609-195552_Fluid_Launcher.png
    Screenshot_20210609-195550_Fluid_Launcher.png
    Screenshot_20210609-195607_Fluid_Launcher.png
    Screenshot_20210609-195628_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20210609-195637_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20210609-195805_Files.png
    🤣 Well I think I did send you the correct command in post 27...

Yes, the EMUI 8 update will override twrp and partitions will change. Now use the twrp from the attachments in post 1. The fastboot command also will change. You have to use
    Code:
    Finally had the time to install it and surprise, I succeeded :)
    Now I just need to test it...

Thanks for you help!
    Hello, do you know how can I factory reset in the Huawei ERecovery step at the end ?
    I try to do it so but it keep reboot my phone to TWRP recovery, it's like I can't wipe data/factory reset my phone from the stock recovery.
    Maybe TWRP is bloking it ? Should I disable something in the TWRP settings ?

Between thanks for yours work !
    Your mistake is that your using stock erecovery.

You have to use stock recovery. Meaning flashing the stock recovery provided in post 1 over the twrp recovery :

- in TWRP Recovery Flash STOCK_RECOVERY_RAMDISK.img {Install > Install Image > Select > Choose recovery image > Swipe}

- in TWRP recovery, reboot to recovery (even if TWRP says no OS installed)

- in Stock recovery, wipe cache and factory reset (error is normal)

- in Stock recovery, reboot and wait
    Is it Gapps ? I use the nano one
    Nope, there's an app on play store called "power menu controls" download that. And the other, you could use Tasker(also an app from play store) to create your custom controls like the ones I did for screen rotation.
    Didn't try dual sim, sorry

If you try darkjoker's aosp or lineage os, there must be additional steps to install. I can give you some hints in private, or if you open a new thread.

You can also use this one: https://xdaforums.com/t/development-and-testing-semi-active-android-11-on-huawei-honor-6x.4283969/