Flyer Cases

Search This thread

trees812

Oct 5, 2010
Received my Melkco case. Beautiful design and superb build quality. This is the case to have. Enhances the look and feel of the Flyer.

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using XDA Premium App

Is the cover flap secured by anything or is it loose? Thanks.

Sent from my HTC Flyer P512 using XDA Premium App

jah

Is the cover flap secured by anything or is it loose? Thanks.

Sent from my HTC Flyer P512 using XDA Premium App

The cover stays flat and far as I can tell the Flyer itself mush have a metal case as the cover of the Melkco case seems to keep closed by magnetic effect.

Guys, this case is seriously well designed and of high quality. The best case I have ever seen for any tablet.

SciFlyer

May 27, 2011
So I finally received my Pielframa iMagnum Flyer case and it is elegant.
It took over a month for the case to arrive but the soft leather hand stitched case fits my Flyer perfectly. Finally a place to store my stylus! All of the holes line up well and the Flyer and stylus do not feel like they will ever fall out.
At 110 euros, it is quite expensive but I think it is worth it since I use it at work all day. It has to look good for meetings.
It came in a nice box and a square of chamois was included. I guess that's for wiping down the screen.
Here are some pictures
uploadfromtaptalk1311640403228.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1311640433496.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1311640510800.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1311640532123.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1311640564456.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1311640586386.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1311640611466.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1311640611466.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:

crump13

Aug 24, 2010
I just received the Pyro 360 swivel case that I ordered from pyroskin. This case is exactly as described and the fit and finish is great. I placed the order Thursday evening and it was in my mailbox today. (Fast shipping) I also received the discount for being an XDA member.

I definitely recommend this case and pyroskins as a company.

Sent from my HTC Flyer waiting on root using Tapatalk

Chicopyro

May 23, 2011
Chico, CA
I just received the Pyro 360 swivel case that I ordered from pyroskin. This case is exactly as described and the fit and finish is great. I placed the order Thursday evening and it was in my mailbox today. (Fast shipping) I also received the discount for being an XDA member.

I definitely recommend this case and pyroskins as a company.

Sent from my HTC Flyer waiting on root using Tapatalk

Happy to hear the case is working well for you. If anyone has questions, PM myself or Pyro530

Last edited:

trees812

Oct 5, 2010
The cover stays flat and far as I can tell the Flyer itself mush have a metal case as the cover of the Melkco case seems to keep closed by magnetic effect.

Guys, this case is seriously well designed and of high quality. The best case I have ever seen for any tablet.

Good to know. Where did you order yours? The link I have is directly from Melkco and it says for resellers only.

vj092887

Jul 25, 2008
Shouts out to Pyro530, Chicopyro, and the Pyroskins Company. I recieved my case and it is an all around beautiful case and the best of the three cases that i have. The shipping was fast. I ordered on Saturday, and it was in my mailbox on Monday. I will definitely be doing business with this company again.

Sent from the Flyest HTC Flyer

infinite_loop

Aug 16, 2007
Just ordered the pyro 360 case yesterday.
Is a tracking or shipping notification provided when item is shipped?
And what's this XDA member discount? LOL :)

violajack

May 23, 2011
Another one for the Pyro case here. Ordered on Saturday, it was in my mailbox when I came home from work on Monday. It fits great and holds the tablet at a good angle. That combined with a bluetooth keyboard has made this thing even more useful.

pyro530

Mar 2, 2011
Nor-Cal
www.pyroskins.com
Just ordered the pyro 360 case yesterday.
Is a tracking or shipping notification provided when item is shipped?
And what's this XDA member discount? LOL :)

Yes we always give the USPS tracking number when we ship. It looks like your order already went out. I can PM you the tracking number if you don't already have it in your inbox. :D

As for the coupon. Well ... you just have to ask through a PM. ;)

infinite_loop

Aug 16, 2007
Yes we always give the USPS tracking number when we ship. It looks like your order already went out. I can PM you the tracking number if you don't already have it in your inbox. :D

As for the coupon. Well ... you just have to ask through a PM. ;)

Yep..got the shipping notification - Thanks!
Can't wait to get it.

Shucks...to late to have the coupon code applied to my order? :p

geebee1932

Nov 12, 2007
Parker
Melkco

I received my Melkco case today and thought that I would post an initial review. The case is made of top quality leather. The back is hard plastic with leather wrapped around it. The front both snaps closed due to a magnet and also folds up to make a stand (similar to the iPad case). The fit is excellent and all the ports/buttons are accessible. I am very happy with the purchase and would recommend the case to others. Total time to receive the case was 2 weeks. See pics below PM me for any questions.

Attachments

• IMAG0253.jpg
    IMAG0253.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 287
  • IMAG0254.jpg
    IMAG0254.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 260
  • IMAG0256.jpg
    IMAG0256.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 273
  • IMAG0257.jpg
    IMAG0257.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 241

pyro530

Mar 2, 2011
Nor-Cal
www.pyroskins.com
I received my Melkco case today and thought that I would post an initial review. The case is made of top quality leather. The back is hard plastic with leather wrapped around it. The front both snaps closed due to a magnet and also folds up to make a stand (similar to the iPad case). The fit is excellent and all the ports/buttons are accessible. I am very happy with the purchase and would recommend the case to others. Total time to receive the case was 2 weeks. See pics below PM me for any questions.

Do you mind posting up where you got it and how much you paid? Also, do you mind if I post your findings in this thread:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1182544

T120ted

Jul 11, 2011

I have a skin on my view. I really want this case but I like to pop my tablet in and out of the case. Do you think it will fit with a full body skin on and if so do you think it is easy to get in and back out of this case. Any help is appreciated.

kcchen

Mar 7, 2005
Do you think it will fit with a full body skin on and if so do you think it is easy to get in and back out of this case. Any help is appreciated.

I purchased the same case (my second Melkco case). My Flyer fits fine with the Skinomi "carbon-fiber" skin on the aluminum body. No skin pieces on the plastic or the sides/edges of the device.

Both Melkco cases are top notch... Hand-made (in China). Full leather exterior. The back of the case as described above is leather bonded to plastic. The cover is rigid strips of metal and/or plastic sandwiched between leather (exterior) and suede-like microfiber (which could be suede). All the cutouts are present to allow use of camera, buttons, headphone and micro-usb. Pen holder in a good spot attached to the right side of the back cover beneath the volume buttons. This case is thin due to the unpadded rigid cover.

Just noticed that the magnetic strip impedes the orientation sensor when the cover lays flat against the back during use. Rotating the tablet and lifting the flap from the back allows the sensor to recognize the orientation. This could be a plus for a quick way to disable the auto-rotate... For say reading in bed.

Overall, its a nice case. Impressed with the handy work of Melkco.

Reactions: T120ted

T120ted

Jul 11, 2011
Thank you sir. It was my birthday a few days ago and I think this just might be my present to myself.

glitzbd

Aug 18, 2009
Del City
New Thread

I have included a link to Pyro's new thread that includes reviews of the most popular cases in the OP, and I hope that simplifies things for everyone!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ebay Blue Case

I bought this case for the Nook Color and I was surprised to see that it had a pen holder!!!! <3

Yes, but they charge $10 for shipping, my guess it would take a couple weeks to get here too. :eek:

From the same seller... I guess they want to charge the brits more for the same thing!

That same case is available soon from PyroSkins (the prototype show early in this thread), and I would rather spend the same and get it from a member of this community than have to wait on china shipping.

Thanks monkeyracer I appreciate the business.

Just an update, we are looking at early to middle of next week (July 18-20th) for
    this item to be in stock, ready to ship.

If any XDA member is looking to buy the 360 degree case PM me for a coupon code before purchasing, I will have a discount coupon for all XDA members.;)
    Mods, please let me know if I am out of line here with this last one, I would just like to show my appreciation to the XDA community by offering my fellow XDA'ers a discount.

EDIT: I have noticed a few newbies messaging me who joined this month and have zero or one post. Let me be clear I intended the discount to be for dedicated members of of XDA. So, newbies will still get a coupon, but you will not get the same price break as our members have been around a while. :D
    That Navitech case looks nice, I just found this, it is a silicone skin that would be nice for keeping the back safe! Although it wouldn't do a whole lot for a drop I'd imagine, and with a tablet a nice folio/wallet style is what I would want!

Oh yeah and they have a couple of TPU cases on that site!

That's the one I got - the clear type. Its okay, except it cannot go into the htc official case - the white one, unless you force it in. Getting it out is an even harder job.
    I did buy this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110682627865&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I am going to add two pieces of cloth on the inside to create a pen slot. =D
    I have both of these cases, and both a flyer and an evo view 4G, so the accessories are inter-changeable.

I use the scribe pen a lot. I'd say every 3 years, for the past 15 or so, I've dipped my toe into the tablet tech to see if I can finally give up paper notebooks. The flyer with the scribe finally fits the bill. I am very happy with it for my day to day note taking, and then having the option of text searching via evernote, not to mention the e-backup, just is great.

So, if you are interested in replacing paper, get the scribe.

As for the cases, the yoobao definitely holds the scribe the best. However, it doesn't offer too much protection from drops and other serious mishaps. I dropped my view 4g about 4 feet onto a hard ground while in the yoobao. The plastic corner of the case broke, and the tablet has a nice gash on that corner.

The blurex is definitely a more solid case, and does a decent job as a stand (the yoobao has no built-in stand). You can secure the scribe, but only by adding some sort of pen clip (I took one off my tire pressure meter). Once you add the clip, it stays in place nicely. However, since I am spending a lot of time hand writing on the tablet, I find the corners bothersome to rest my palm on. However, I have no doubt that these corners hold the tablet securely and would protect it in a fall.

Before the yoobao broke, I used both cases for different purposes. I recently also got a trident case, which I have had on for the past few days. Again, no built in stand, but a nice tablet protector, except for the screen, which is open.

Let me know if you have more specific questions.