• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Flyer Honeycomb leak gets an update!

Search This thread

Lucas0511

Mar 14, 2006
Paul of Modaco http://android.modaco.com/topic/348099-htc-flyer-honeycomb-leak-gets-an-update/ has gotten his hands on an 3.2.1 update of the HC for Flyer - still a leak but promising!

"It's been a while since the original HTC Flyer Honeycomb update Beta leaked... but today a new version has 'magically appeared'.

Now packing Android 3.2.1 rather than Android 3.2, the latest version wears the 3.41 version number (up from 3.10 previously) and while no new features are immediately obvious over the previous release, it does feel much smoother in operation.

Sadly, like the original leak, the install process is somewhat involved, but I'm documenting it now and will post full details for both Gingerbread users and users of the existing Honeycomb update shortly in the HTC Flyer forum. Stay tuned!"

Attachments

• honeycomb.png
    honeycomb.png
    35.4 KB · Views: 431

cnewsgrp

Mar 22, 2008
Paul of Modaco http://android.modaco.com/topic/348099-htc-flyer-honeycomb-leak-gets-an-update/ has gotten his hands on an 3.2.1 update of the HC for Flyer - still a leak but promising!

"It's been a while since the original HTC Flyer Honeycomb update Beta leaked... but today a new version has 'magically appeared'.

Now packing Android 3.2.1 rather than Android 3.2, the latest version wears the 3.41 version number (up from 3.10 previously) and while no new features are immediately obvious over the previous release, it does feel much smoother in operation.

Sadly, like the original leak, the install process is somewhat involved, but I'm documenting it now and will post full details for both Gingerbread users and users of the existing Honeycomb update shortly in the HTC Flyer forum. Stay tuned!"
Thanks for the update. It appears to me that actual HC update is imminent.

rushless

Jan 16, 2008
I will not update since do not like how HC takes up space due to the navigation bar. The Flyer already has capacitive buttons, so a complete waste of space on an already smallish 7" tablet. Compare the Flyer to the A100 and you will see the difference the loss of space makes.

Unless HC is like ICS and does not display the nav bar on devices with capacitive buttons, I will not update. Two nav bars with less display space is pure silly IMO.

thetruth1983

May 19, 2006
Galveston
I will not update since do not like how HC takes up space due to the navigation bar. The Flyer already has capacitive buttons, so a complete waste of space on an already smallish 7" tablet. Compare the Flyer to the A100 and you will see the difference the loss of space makes.

Unless HC is like ICS and does not display the nav bar on devices with capacitive buttons, I will not update. Two nav bars with less display space is pure silly IMO.

If we are forced to have the on screen navigation bar, we should also get 360 degree rotation.

cnewsgrp

Mar 22, 2008

There are no NAV bars.

vj092887

Jul 25, 2008
Is it possible for anyone to make a video showing how to install honeycomb. That would be much appreciated

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App

bsoplinger

Jan 17, 2011
I recently upgraded a Dell Streak 7 to HC and had the same issue, screen real estate suffers (it's only 800x480) even worse. But I found an app that allows you to toggle the onscreen bar off and on since sometimes the other 'stuff' on the status bar is useful. I think it's called toggle bar. If I had the streak in front of me I could get the correct name. I'll get it posted tomorrow if someone else didn't post before I do. Or you can look at the Dell streak 7 forum for HC threads. I'm rather sure I got it here although I could have gotten it from the tablet ROMs forum.

Add: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1196751

Sent from my HTC Flyer P512 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

DigitalMD

Mar 16, 2010
Washington DC
It would be awesome if there is a way for US Best Buy Wifi owners who have upgraded to install this. Is there a way to do this without reverting to GB?

There is currently no way to do this because the Boot, kernel, radio and recovery are different and not compatible. and you cannot write some of these unless you revert to GB.

lawguy

Nov 2, 2011
I loaded the new system image and it does load. It seems to work fine other than that there is no Wifi. It says "error" under Wifi.

kego

Jul 3, 2006
Dears,

I've updated to this 3.41 version after some struggle.

Now two issues;

1. How to root new HC 3.2.1? I noticed a program called "Honeybar" to hide the button bars but it says it requires root.

2. Can I use Fly Honey custom rom on this one or shall I go to first HC (3.2)? I think phone function was enabled at Fly Honey rom.

Thanks.

Dears,

I've updated to this 3.41 version after some struggle.

Now two issues;

1. How to root new HC 3.2.1? I noticed a program called "Honeybar" to hide the button bars but it says it requires root.

2. Can I use Fly Honey custom rom on this one or shall I go to first HC (3.2)? I think phone function was enabled at Fly Honey rom.

Thanks.

flyhoney is based off the first leak, so if you use that you'll be back to 3.2. The new leaked 3.2.1 is already rooted.

manpete

Sep 19, 2011
You're right, I later noticed that there's superuser...

Is it possible to direct downgrade from 3.2.1 to 3.2 or first go to GB than 3.2?

Can't answer that question, but can tell you that the enabled phone function in Flyhoney does not work.

(i am using Flyhoney).

Top Liked Posts