Fm Radio in Note 3

Search This thread

arabbitte

Oct 11, 2007
I think i will solve my problem with this great Sony Smart Bluetooth® Handset SBH52 ... its a bit expensive but i love the way that i can answer a call without the earphones just by holding it in your ear because it has speaker !!!... great piece of accessory in my view.

That looks great - a step-up from the mw600 I currently use.

I'd still prefer if the Note 3 was an "all in one" device though :crying:

Yeah me 2 but since im constantly with earphones even with my S2.. and since the S2 as any other phone that has FM Radio needs the ear cable pluged in as an antenna then this solution if you dont think about the money or the MW600( i was 1 click to buy the MW600 and then i saw this new one.. which is 30 bucks more) is the best solution... in motorbike my helmet has bluetooth and FM Radio also build in so im covered either way from that area.

jasweb

Jan 19, 2009
Centurion

Yep, also could not find the MW600 any where (or it was ridiculously overpriced).

Yeah, no FM in the Note 3 does suck, but this SBH52 is a good companion for something like the Note 3. (I also use my headphones ALOT and they always get tangled either in my clothes or stuff I walk past (especially when working in the garage)!

Seeing it should be available from End September 2013.

Some things I am looking forward to

1) Splash Proof (should work thus in the gym)
2) Can use for up to 2 Bluetooth devices (will see how this works out)
3) Can use it as a "micro" phone :D to answer and talk to others! Cool

I have already downloaded some of the "Sony" apps for this on my S3 (and works - obviously without the SBH52 at the moment)...

Johan

ipsuvedi

Feb 9, 2012
Mumbai
Yep, also could not find the MW600 any where (or it was ridiculously overpriced).

Yeah, no FM in the Note 3 does suck, but this SBH52 is a good companion for something like the Note 3. (I also use my headphones ALOT and they always get tangled either in my clothes or stuff I walk past (especially when working in the garage)!

Seeing it should be available from End September 2013.

Some things I am looking forward to

1) Splash Proof (should work thus in the gym)
2) Can use for up to 2 Bluetooth devices (will see how this works out)
3) Can use it as a "micro" phone :D to answer and talk to others! Cool

I have already downloaded some of the "Sony" apps for this on my S3 (and works - obviously without the SBH52 at the moment)...

Johan

If anyone want sony mw 600 low price can go to www.shopclies.com

I bought it from there just for 1900 rs (about $35)

hoezay

Oct 5, 2010
Mumbai
can confirm that it's doesn't have FM Radio. which is pretty sad really. A BOATLOAD of people are into radio in India.

koniakki

Sep 13, 2010
Guru Land
can confirm that it's doesn't have FM Radio. which is pretty sad really. A BOATLOAD of people are into radio in India.

Which version do you have? I was hoping the S800 GNote 3 to have FM Radio even if not listed in specs, because my Snapdragon MEGA 6.3 (i9200) HAS FM Radio but its not listed in the specs.

MohJee

Nov 3, 2012
Which version do you have? I was hoping the S800 GNote 3 to have FM Radio even if not listed in specs, because my Snapdragon MEGA 6.3 (i9200) HAS FM Radio but its not listed in the specs.

Sorry to disappoint, but the snapdragon version doesn't have FM radio as well.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

koniakki

Sep 13, 2010
Guru Land

My i9200 which was imported from South Arabia had FM Radio which other i9200's from other countries did not.

So it might even depend on country's Rom. I think there's still hope that in the future ROM development it might support FM Radio if we installed it.

Well we can only hope. :D

Reactions: XIPRELAY2010

ipsuvedi

Feb 9, 2012
Mumbai
My i9200 which was imported from South Arabia had FM Radio which other i9200's from other countries did not.

So it might even depend on country's Rom. I think there's still hope that in the future ROM development it might support FM Radio if we installed it.

You may be right. But Unfortunately NEITHER VERSION/COUNTRY HAS FM RADIO IN NOTE 3 TILL NOW

JUST LITTLE HOPE FROM SPIRIT FM RADIO :mad:

GhorX

Mar 27, 2008
Prague
There is two main reason for discard FM radio in top class by manufacturer - first is very logical, mobile operators wants to sell data, and carriers doing bigest part of smartphone's sales. Second is country specific - in my country (CZE) is every single broadcast receiver held by any company affected by tax (just repetitive payment), so FM radio in every cellphone can be very expensive.

bernard134

Mar 5, 2010
Singapore
Also would like to know this (some sites have changed the FM radio status to TBC - to be confirmed).

Yes, this should NOT turn into yet another discussion on FM radio vs Internet radio please. Every other premium (Android and Lumia) phones has an FM Radio, so Samsung should just add / enable it...

iPhone also don't have FM Radio from the beginning. LOL. I am also an Note 2 and Note 3 user, not an major issue.

Dumbo53

Nov 24, 2012
San Francisco
I could be wrong but I read somewhere that more than one iphone had fm radio as part of another chip, just not turned on and no driver. For Apple it was easy to understand since they wanted to drive sales of music on their itunes store (though it didn't make it less frustrating.)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317

weirdingway

Sep 25, 2013
I'm sure a lot more people don't care than do. Radio is chock full of commercials and carriers would rather you consume their data to stream live content so they can make more $$$. I know Samsung is know for cramming their phones with functionality, but the FM radio isn't the only feature Samsung has scrapped.

There's a bit of irony in someone wanting bleeding edge technology but wanting to listen to archaic and being phased out tech for phone capable media.

viulian

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 6, 2011
hex.ro
I will wait for a new phone where manufacturer doesn't try to "apple" me. Sony Z1 seemed ok, but there are already few videos on youtube, its display is acting fishy. I'll guess I'll just wait and see ...

I do use an FM radio, as there is no mobile reception on about 70% of my 7 hour train journey. So no 3g=no radio.

However I bought a 15 euro mp3player with FMradio. And now have 4 more hours battery because I stopped using my phone for music. (it's my backup, as i also have an ipod nano my dad gave me years ago.)

Well worth it!

Send From My Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 Using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I can confirm (according to a Dutch website) that the FM radio IS indeed implemented in the Note 3!! :D
    See website: http://www.galaxyclub.nl/2013/09/samsung-galaxy-note-3-heeft-fm-radio/
    It's in Dutch, sorry...

Mine will be delivered at 27 september!! Can't wait!!
    I wish if there is no fm radio in note 3 then at least it should be supported by Spirit Fm after rooting (s4 doesnt support it :( )

Come on samsung !!!!

i agree i miss the fm too

I am so disappointed that after spending a fortune u don't get to enjoy basic feature like fm radio..downloading is not worth as it not only kills battery but also requires internet connection..and its nice to listen to local radio...u sumhow get to listen to d music that u like and u don't have in ur mp3 list..
    Galaxy Note 4

not the proper thread... but FM works on Galaxy Note 4 N910P.05 Sprint.