• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Fm radio without wire

Search This thread

konefatp

Feb 1, 2008
haha so i was messing with the radio today and i got it working with no wire. SORTA. So i plugged in the adapter in to the usb port and then stuck my stylus into the 3.5mm jack it fits and it make the radio work. try it. I'm going to try to find some thing to fit into the 2.5 mm jack and see if it works? Ill let u guys know

DrzNight

Dec 7, 2008
wow this worked remarkably well lol and to my suprise you don't have to jam it in there and it fits quite nicely.

skamin

Nov 5, 2007
Why stylus?

What do you mean by "adapter", konefatp? I assume one of these.
I got me one straight after I got the TP and the radio works just by plugging it in, no need to use the stylus. So I don't see your point.

Daved+

May 25, 2008
What do you mean by "adapter", konefatp? I assume one of these.
I got me one straight after I got the TP and the radio works just by plugging it in, no need to use the stylus. So I don't see your point.
I think he meant the "stock" multi adapter.

I also use a generic adapter from China and the radio works without any headphones.

It would be awesome if someone could just crack the radio app and get rid of the verification.

konefatp

Feb 1, 2008
I think he meant the "stock" multi adapter.

I also use a generic adapter from China and the radio works without any headphones.

It would be awesome if someone could just crack the radio app and get rid of the verification.

yes i meant stock adapter.

I had two so i took one apart and messed with the wires got it working not i just gotta find out which pins the are coming out from

NRGZ28

Retired Senior Mod & Senior RD
Apr 6, 2007
XDA-Developers
Or you guys can be smart about it and flip to the "Headset" dword key to 1 in the registry(hklm\system\state)... so it thinks a wired headset is plugged in, even though it isnt :)

flywhc

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 6, 2005
London, UK
Alternatively you can also try the xFM radio player I wrote, it doesn't check earphone and support more features such as read radio text, listen to police station by selecting Japan band etc.

Sorry for that poor interface and you have to use system build-in volume control because it is still under research.
Initially I was going to write a powerful beautiful FM radio player for my Raphael but all users hope me to research TMC for navigation system.

Click FM Radio in my signature to get that FM player..

Daved+

May 25, 2008
Alternatively you can also try the xFM radio player I wrote, it doesn't check earphone and support more features such as read radio text, listen to police station by selecting Japan band etc.

Sorry for that poor interface and you have to use system build-in volume control because it is still under research.
Initially I was going to write a powerful beautiful FM radio player for my Raphael but all users hope me to research TMC for navigation system.

Click FM Radio in my signature to get that FM player..
It doesn't work for me if it doesn't detect the earphones :(

I can get RSSI 47 but it will still not play until I plug in some earphones.

RDS works perfect without the earphones but not the sound.

flywhc

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 6, 2005
London, UK
It doesn't work for me if it doesn't detect the earphones :(

I can get RSSI 47 but it will still not play until I plug in some earphones.

RDS works perfect without the earphones but not the sound.

Sorry, it seems a bug somewhere... just like I still don't know how to control volume.
Thanks for your testing.

Daved+

May 25, 2008
Sorry, it seems a bug somewhere... just like I still don't know how to control volume.
Thanks for your testing.
If I can be more help with the testing, just let me know what I have to do, I would really like this app to work in the Raph.

PS: I am a software developer too but I haven't done much for WinMo.

StevePritchard

Dec 27, 2005
Frodsham, Cheshire, UK
i sense the easiest app ever created :p i'm going to go make a toggle cab... (my programming skills suck, too bad there no powershell for WM :) )
If toggling that reg setting does work, then you could create an app that sets it, launches the radio app and waits for the radio app to finish, and then switches it back again - pretty straightforward. However, is anybody getting any signal without the headphones plugged in? I don't seem to get anything.

Cheers,

Steve.

Last edited:

laft2k

Nov 7, 2005
The stylus in the 3.5mm jack socket trick is genius now it looks as though I have some really special aerial. I love it, Brilliant :)

pandaboyy

Dec 10, 2006
Montreal
Or you guys can be smart about it and flip to the "Headset" dword key to 1 in the registry(hklm\system\state)... so it thinks a wired headset is plugged in, even though it isnt :)

I tried this, I can launch the Radio program, but there is just no sound (even when I put on speaker)

As for the XFMradio program, I can't get any station... don't know how it work. I'm from Montreal, btw