Question Fold 3 Questions

Search This thread

Android Noobie

Jun 21, 2012
Melbourne
Hi All,

I have just got myself a fold 3.
I have a few questions i need help with please.

1/. With external screen can a hardened screen protector be put on and if so do i need to remove pre installed protector?

2/. I am thinking of buying this case https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0995WPCXJ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2SFKRF5TPZMT5&psc=1
Am i correct to say just the basic s pen will fit and not the pro?

3/. Not sure between the standard s pen and the pro.
Want to make sure it will fit in the case.

Thanks everyone

Android Noobie

Jun 21, 2012
Melbourne
Question how do i disable the lock screen pictures in the background.
For the life of me i cant get rid of it.
Thanks

Last edited:
Yes.
I am also having an issue trying to change the notification sound of the messages app
I don't think you can get rid of the locks creek wallpaper, but you can change it to just a solid black picture.

I use Google Voice, but I'm sure there's a notifications setting in the messages app.

Reactions: Android Noobie

ilordvader

Oct 27, 2007
Mumbai
Can we stop Auto rotation on the cover screen & use it just on the inner screen?

How can I stop & turn OFF the Google Assist to stop pop up when I hit the Home button by mistake?

Thanks

atvxda

Apr 3, 2008
Boston
Can we stop Auto rotation on the cover screen & use it just on the inner screen?

How can I stop & turn OFF the Google Assist to stop pop up when I hit the Home button by mistake?

Thanks
1) not to my knowledge. The toggle is in the notification shade. You may want to check in settings for the Auto Rotate option and see from there.

2) Go into Accessibility. Or, go into settings and search Google Assistant.

mattias28

Jan 18, 2008
Canada
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3

Thanks

Create a Bixby Routine

IF "Folding status" is "Completely closed"

THEN "Screen orientation" is "Portrait"

Did this on day 1 as it was bugging me too and has worked great

ilordvader

Oct 27, 2007
Mumbai
1) not to my knowledge. The toggle is in the notification shade. You may want to check in settings for the Auto Rotate option and see from there.

2) Go into Accessibility. Or, go into settings and search Google Assistant.

I tried to find google Assistant, but seem Android 11 has different layout & can find the the Switch to turn it off :(
Need step by step instructions
Please anyone

atvxda

Apr 3, 2008
Boston
I tried to find google Assistant, but seem Android 11 has different layout & can find the the Switch to turn it off :(
Need step by step instructions
Please anyone
Search "Google Assist," go down to "assistant settings" and then all the way down to "general ." The toggle is there, bro. Just have to be patient and read through it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210922-201039_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20210922-201039_Google.jpg
    506.4 KB · Views: 86
  • Screenshot_20210922-201058_Settings Suggestions.jpg
    Screenshot_20210922-201058_Settings Suggestions.jpg
    462.1 KB · Views: 85

ilordvader

Oct 27, 2007
Mumbai
Create a Bixby Routine

Figured it out 🤠

Open Bixby Routine

On bottom there are 3 Tabs : Click - Add Routine

U reach IF THEN Screen,

Click IF :
In there under Device:
Click Folding Status -
Set to:Completely Closed

Next Click on - Then :
Display / Screen Orientation

Now on IF Then Screen on bottom of page click NEXT

Hope that helps others

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks

Create a Bixby Routine

1, if 2, the case will crack the tampered screen protector if overlayed or pushed the protector off the edge.

2, standard fold spen

3, get the standard will do.
    there is preinstalled screen protector on outter screen. But its very soft and thick. Gets damaged fast and its annoying when using gestures. Dont buy anything for inner display. Preinstalled screen protector is ok
    no issues for me yet

why people want to change a brand new screen protector is beyond me
    it depends on the case and dimension of the protector. i suggest don't change. keep the original protector.
    there is preinstalled screen protector on outter screen. But its very soft and thick. Gets damaged fast and its annoying when using gestures. Dont buy anything for inner display. Preinstalled screen protector is ok
    When I initially read this, I thought ehhh, the outside protector works great for me.
    Yesterday the bottom corner peeled up a bit and I'm bothered heavily by it since I'm staring at the phone 90% of the day while working on the camera issue lol