Folio 100 Disassembly - Pictures

Search This thread

bastospn

Nov 27, 2010
From my experience, some times dust can cause this problems. You should also look for bended pinns.

Regards,
Bastospn

Mark Majoor

Jan 10, 2011
I will first arrange a magnifying-glass as everything is so tiny and small. I will have a closer look in the weekend and let you know how it ends...

If anybody know where I could get a loose display (just in case I can not get it repaired), please let me know...

best regards,

Mark (NL)

bastospn

Nov 27, 2010
You could try the link bellow, they have ipad replacement screens maybe they could get folio screen as well:
_http://www.directfix.com/

Reactions: Mark Majoor

Mark Majoor

Jan 10, 2011
It's working again!!!

When I seperated the actual display from the touch-screen, I found another (micro-coax) connector, which was not fully 'mated' anymore... When I pushed this one back in position, everything worked fine again...

Now, I can finally start playing with this tablet.

Thanks anyway for your suggestions!

regards,

Mark

mizreh

Feb 26, 2008
Every one is talking about an SSD of 16GB inside, is this a real HDD, or NAND Flash soldered?

It could be fine to put a larger SSD inside?

mizreh

Feb 26, 2008
SSD in FOLIO

I looked at the photos.

I could see a SANDISK Flash on a kind of module. It was stamped as made by PEGATRON. I checked on the web and they are ODM (Design House + Manufacturing), and sdeeing the module itself, I don"t think we could increase the storage capacity.

Connector seems very standard, but definitely not a SATA one...

olipheus

Aug 13, 2009
Anderstorp
It sure would be awesome if a nice screen turns out to fit the Folio. Tbh, it's not great, eventho I don't mind it that much anymore, I'd still want a better one.

tshoulihane

Jun 16, 2010
Redmi Note 12 5G
My guess is that pegatron built this tablet, not just the ssd board inside. Probably they make a standard design and customise it for anyone who wants to re-brand it.

Trumpfz

Jan 9, 2010
It seems that the unresponsive Touchscreen on some Folios is mainly because the touchscreen doesn't fit in the plastic frame perfectly.
When the screen is pushed back a little bit the Touchscreen is perfectly responsive afterwards for a period of time until the screen is being pushed out again.

I wonder if this is because of a loose screw, or maybe because a screw is too long or something so the screw pushes the screen out of the frame.

Anyone of the guys who disassembled their Folio can remember if this problem can maybe fixed by owners so they don't have to send back their Folio to Toshiba for a maybe 5 minute self-repair ?
Perhaps there are photos that show how the screen is fixed inside the frame ?

I'm a little bit afraid to open the case by myself without knowing what I can damage inside and loosing warranty if this cannot be repaired.

mblaster

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 2, 2007
@DerArtem: Did you note down the part number of the lcd panel? I would like to look around for a nice replacement. Maybe this could fit in? Seems to have good viewing angles and a better resolution (I know this has to be accounted for in the software).

oddbubble

Jan 23, 2011
@DerArtem do you recon there is enough space in there to fit a striped down mifi unit in there, only had mine a few days but i dont want to take it apart only to find i cant fit it in

oddbubble

Jan 23, 2011
i saw a mod when the first ipad came out were some one had fitted a verizon(sorry if i spelt it wrong) mifi potable hot spot in side it but it took a fair amount of modding to the houseing, but now mifis have got alot smaller and if i took one apart to the bare minimum i was thinking if it might squeeze in someware, getting power to it would be the easy part(sort of).

ive done various mods before but nothing with such confined space

i will probably still take mine apart for a look, im just trying to think of a way to bring 3g to it without having to keep plugging in a usb modem

DerArtem

Apr 13, 2010
Bad Homburg
Hi,

I don't know what mifi is ...

If you remove the cover from a 3G modem then it might fit in. You could - in theory - also insert a usb hub and connect it instead of the camera. And then connect the camera and the UMTS modem to to the hub...

oddbubble

Jan 23, 2011
mifi is like a portable 3g wifi hotspot there about the size of a nokia 3310.

you have just given me an idea, think im going to have to take the plunge and take mine apart to see what space i have to to play with.

looking at your pics it looks like a 3g modem would fit in(with some help from a dremel), it would be a tight but possable

edit: it just hit me, it might be possable to solder an internal port to the usb host that way it should defantly work and would save haveing to use a usb hub

Last edited:

giuaig

Oct 1, 2012
Italy
any news?

sorry if i resume an old thread, but someone has done some HW modifications?
like new cam with more megapixel or added a new back camera, or solded mini-pcie for 3g module, or upgraded sandisk 16gb to 32gb for example, or new lcd...
i've actually disassembled it so if devs need a particular chip model name just ask to me ;)

Hello!

tiagomag

Oct 4, 2012
sorry if i resume an old thread, but someone has done some HW modifications?
like new cam with more megapixel or added a new back camera, or solded mini-pcie for 3g module, or upgraded sandisk 16gb to 32gb for example, or new lcd...
i've actually disassembled it so if devs need a particular chip model name just ask to me ;)

Hello!

i'm interested in know something to about the back camera and mini-pcie for 3g module

wyeyip

Apr 25, 2009
Ipoh, Perak
is it possible to post up a disassembly guide?

i have dusts or whatsoever stock under the screen and i'd realy like to remove it.

Top Liked Posts