Followed a very good youtube tutorial, but I am having some problems (Lumia 950 XL)

Search This thread

Asimov500

Oct 27, 2022
Like the subject says I am having a few problems.
I have a Lumia 950 XL, which I have just acquired.

My first problem is that I have no problem sideloading apps, but if I try to install too many I get this message "unable to install application. the maximum number of deveiloper applications on this phone has been reached. please uninstall a developer application or try again". I think it is letting me install about 10, but won't let me install anymore.

Ok My second problem is that I followed this tutorial on youtube, which I thought might fix my first problem

Seemed like a good tutorial but I had a couple of problems.
I installed Windows Universtal Toll (WUT). CMD Injector and Interop Tools (RC)

The problem was that the CMD Injector just shuts down when I click 'Inject'

Also in the Interop tools I can't turn on Inerop/Cap unlock or New Capability Engine Unlock. It just turns on again.

I hope someone can help me with these problems.

The first problem is the most annoying as I have tons of XAP files I would like to install

regards
Asimov

Asimov500

Oct 27, 2022
I have now realised what I did wrong. I followed the wrong tutorial for an x50 phone. Unfortunately I think I have now killed my phone as I ticked the option Restore NDTKSrvc and it won't turn off.
I tried following the following tutorial for doing the vcReg10 but it won't work because of the Restroe NDTKSrv. I think I have done something stupid, and now I can't even see my documents and pictures when I plug in my USB cable. I just see a pile of system files.

Asimov500

Oct 27, 2022
I have now realised what I did wrong. I followed the wrong tutorial for an x50 phone. Unfortunately I think I have now killed my phone as I ticked the option Restore NDTKSrvc and it won't turn off.
I tried following the following tutorial for doing the vcReg10 but it won't work because of the Restroe NDTKSrv. I think I have done something stupid, and now I can't even see my documents and pictures when I plug in my USB cable. I just see a pile of system files.
Ok I did a complete reset, so the phone is back to square one. Gonna redo the above tutorial before copying everything back to the phone.

Asimov500

Oct 27, 2022
Right I got the phone unlocked ok, but there is a but. I followed the above tutorial on how to unlock the phone and everything went fine. So then I downloaded WUT Windows Universal Tool, but here is the problem with it. It download to the download folder. For instance I downloaded TinyVNC, but if I try to install from the phone it don't install. However if I copy it back to my PC and install with WPV XAP deployer it works.

Can you tell me why I can't install straight from my phone?
I can double click and it says install, but it never installs.

ze7zez

Recognized Contributor
Right I got the phone unlocked ok, but there is a but. I followed the above tutorial on how to unlock the phone and everything went fine. So then I downloaded WUT Windows Universal Tool, but here is the problem with it. It download to the download folder. For instance I downloaded TinyVNC, but if I try to install from the phone it don't install. However if I copy it back to my PC and install with WPV XAP deployer it works.

Can you tell me why I can't install straight from my phone?
I can double click and it says install, but it never installs.
Perhaps that's because along with the WUT you get a valid certificate (e.g. WUT_1.4.11.0_x64.cer) , which is missing from the phone.