• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Font change on OOS 11?

Search This thread

smileguy91

Oct 20, 2018
Google Pixel 3 XL
How have you guys been changing system fonts on OxygenOS 11 across the device? I tried using the CFI magisk module and only notification titles and the status bar seem to have changed fonts, and nothing else. Thanks

AndroPlus

My Magisk module could change all of them.

Please note you have to choose "Roboto" at Settings -> Customization -> Font.
Also OnePlus uses special colon "U+A789" for lock screen clock, so you may get square character if your font doesn't have it.

Last edited:

rickysidhu_

Apr 1, 2016
Vancouver
OnePlus 9

Also OnePlus uses special colon "U+A789" for lock screen clock, so you may get squre character if your font doesn't have it.
Oh man thank you so much. Was going crazy trying to find a fix for this. Put the colon in the A789 spot of the font file in FontForge and it is fixed now!!

rickysidhu_

Apr 1, 2016
Vancouver
OnePlus 9
How have you done that? I have a source that gives me problems in the two points of the clock.

There's a guide somewhere in there that shows you how to add the colon in the appropriate spot using an app called FontForge. Old thread but still works.

Reactions: sanangel

sanangel

Jul 12, 2014
Burgos

There's a guide somewhere in there that shows you how to add the colon in the appropriate spot using an app called FontForge. Old thread but still works.
He managed to change the colon, but the clock font I can't change it. Have you been able to do that?

Also OnePlus uses special colon "U+A789" for lock screen clock, so you may get square character if your font doesn't have it.
Can you elaborate on which files do we need to modify for the clock colon? There's a magisk font mod I like that contains like 30+ ttf files, I changed the roboto-regular.ttf, flashed it and the problem remains. Btw ur font mod is pretty good for Chinese user too!

Reactions: AndroPlus

AndroPlus

Can you elaborate on which files do we need to modify for the clock colon? There's a magisk font mod I like that contains like 30+ ttf files, I changed the roboto-regular.ttf, flashed it and the problem remains. Btw ur font mod is pretty good for Chinese user too!
You'll need FontForge (I'm using CLI version, but Windows GUI version is OK too).
Please check this post's "Fixing the Lockscreen Clock Square Issue" section in spoiler.

The post shows how to fix U+EE01, so do the same for U+A789 after that.

You'll need FontForge (I'm using CLI version, but Windows GUI version is OK too).
Please check this post's "Fixing the Lockscreen Clock Square Issue" section in spoiler.

The post shows how to fix U+EE01, so do the same for U+A789 after that.
I did try for both glyphs for the Roboto-Regular.ttf file, flashed it and it doesn't work. So I was asking which files do I need to change. Keep in mind I was trying to get another magisk font mod working with the colon.

AndroPlus

I did try for both glyphs for the Roboto-Regular.ttf file, flashed it and it doesn't work. So I was asking which files do I need to change. Keep in mind I was trying to get another magisk font mod working with the colon.
You have to mod all weights (light, bold...) since SystemUI uses different weight for the clock.
If there is no other weight, maybe you have to add them by yourself to the module.

Top Liked Posts