FONTS FONTS and more FONTS (how to edit)

Search This thread

c0rp1

Nov 18, 2009
Hello there,
been here in this forum for a while and learned all by myself till now ... now I really need help for something .... look at the screens provided ... it`s from "Post your LEO screen" thread. It`s a nice theme, but I need to know couple of thing about the fonts:
1.Look for example at Settings tab screenshot .... how can I edit my font so it can change just the headname of the TAB not the whole TAB itself? In other words ... how to make a font that is different in different places of the phone?
I think I must modify some mode9 manila files, but I don`t know witch one is for what ... is there an editor like CHOME visual editor but for manila tabs ....
2. How can I change the colour of the text on font ... lets use the same SETTINGS TAB as example ... the text is WHITE and also grey ... how can I make the white for example BLACK ? What should I modify ... I think I must modify again some mode9 manila files but again witch ones exactly ... how to find out?
3. Look at MESSAGE TAB ... what should I modify for color text for time and SENDER of SMS ? Maybe is the same as changing the text color anywhere in the phone ... but not sure again how to do that ....

It would be so nice if someone can really help me .... don`t know if the place of the thread is here, and not in DEVELOPMENT section , because there are more people who know lot about manila files ... but I would like to try that find someone here.
Thanks in advanced for all your answers ... here is the whole theme in screenshots : http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=5941044&postcount=2178

Asked the creator of the theme, but he seems to not understand what exactly I want ...

Attachments

• 1269183952_0321224405870289.jpg
    1269183952_0321224405870289.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 897
  • 1269183952_0321224013996723.jpg
    1269183952_0321224013996723.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 557

Dic3ptor

Mar 24, 2010
www.google.de
HI

I don´t have the fonts from the screenshot but i have some other! :)
I´m sorry about that i have no screenshots from the attached fonts. :(

Hope you like it. The Fonts are cab files. Install at your device. For changing uninstall first and than install another one.

Attachments

• Fonts.zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 399
Last edited:

c0rp1

Nov 18, 2009
Hi ... thanks for the answer .... but I don`t need fonts ... I have the fonts from the screenshot ... I want to know how can I edit them so there are different fonts in different menus with different colors on some of them ... how can I edit fonts as they appear in the phone at all ... that information I need ...

Peew971

Sep 7, 2008
London
I don´t have the fonts from the screenshot but i have some other! :)
I´m sorry about that i have no screenshots from the attached fonts. :(

Hope you like it. The Fonts are cab files. Install at your device. For changing uninstall first and than install another one.

Wow thanks, I was looking for font cabs just yesterday :D

Peew971

Sep 7, 2008
London
Hi ... thanks for the answer .... but I don`t need fonts ... I have the fonts from the screenshot ... I want to know how can I edit them so there are different fonts in different menus with different colors on some of them ... how can I edit fonts as they appear in the phone at all ... that information I need ...
I don't know sorry... Do you know the name of the font on these screenshots? The one that looks handwritten (word "calendar" for example).

c0rp1

Nov 18, 2009
It`s Satisfaction FONT ... but please stick to the point of finding solution ?
Thanks !

c0rp1

Nov 18, 2009
Finally I`ve done what I wanted ....
for those who want to know here is a little tutorial :

There are a total of 5 files in /Windows that refer to FONTS. These are :
Cour.ttf -> TF3D light font
Tahoma.ttf -> WM regular font (regular text)
Tahomabd.ttf -> WM bold font (task and bottembar and other bold text)
HelveticaNeue LT 35 Thin.ttf -> TF3D Regular Font (all the bigger title text in TF3D -> Calls, mail title, settings title, weather title etc.)
HelveticaNeueOTS -> TF3D Bold Font (all the small text in TF3D -> Appointmentsmail example, settings, weather)

So if you want to make a font of your own just do the following :
1. Download a font to your PC (fonts can be found anywhere in Internet, for ex. www.fonts101.com
2. Download a software named FontCreator ( www.high-logic.com/fontcreator.html ), or similar. This software is paid , but I found a cr***ed version of it. Open the font (xxxx.ttf) you downloaded in step 1 with FontCreator, go to Tools > AutoNaming and rename the font to one of the following (in accordance to what exactly do you want to change in the looks of your font in your phone):
The fontnames you should put in are:
Helvetica Neue OTS --> for Cour.ttf
Tahoma --> for Tahoma.ttf
Tahoma Bold --> for Tahomabd.ttf
HelveticaNeue LT 35 Thin --> for HelveticaNeue LT 35 Thin.ttf
Helvetica Neue OTS --> for HelveticaNeueOTS.ttf
YES ... Cour.ttf and HelveticaNeueOTS.ttf have the same Autonaming !!!
Then click NEXT and then FINISH. Now you just need to go to File > Save (or Save As) and save the file, but remember to name it again as the same way you named the file in Autonaming option, but this time include the extension (.ttf).
3. Repeat that with every file you want to change. At the end you need to put those files in /Windows folder of your device and replace the original ones (backup old files first) using for ex. Resco Explorer. Or you can also create a .cab file using for ex. Quickcab and put all files you need to change in that same .cab and install it to your device (I`ve done it that way, cause I want to be able to just delete it and bring the original font back).

And now you have a completely different look of your phone. Any questions you have .... PM me and I`ll try to answer them.

Thread that helped me answer my question (thanks to original author) :
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=454792 ----> Name of the font files are different , cause this is for WM 6.1

You can find interesting fonts here : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=450335 (again don`t refer to the tutorial at that thread, cause it`s for WM 6.1)

Inserting two files : by request the Satisfaction FONT (in a .zip so extract first) and a .cab I made witch has the Calibri font as main font and the Satisfaction font as Bigger Title text (changed HelveticaNeue LT 35 Thin.ttf - just like in the images posted at post one of this thread).

P.S. Still want to find an easy way of changing the font COLOR of every TAB, so advices are welcomed.

Attachments

• Satisfaction.zip
    34.1 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

Peew971

Sep 7, 2008
London
The attachements have .ttf files in them? Any idea what I should do with these? I thoughts these were cabs :(.

c0rp1

Nov 18, 2009
The first attachment is a .cab file ... just install it. The second is the Satisfaction.ttf font. You can create a complete font using the method I wrote. But I`m sure that you will need to resize the font using FONT Creator , or else you will not get the result you need.
I can make you a .cab with the Satisfaction font, but I`m sure that the result wont be that good , as a mixed font on your phone. Just try the Mixed font.cab I provided !!!

Peew971

Sep 7, 2008
London
The first attachment is a .cab file ... just install it. The second is the Satisfaction.ttf font. You can create a complete font using the method I wrote. But I`m sure that you will need to resize the font using FONT Creator , or else you will not get the result you need.
I can make you a .cab with the Satisfaction font, but I`m sure that the result wont be that good , as a mixed font on your phone. Just try the Mixed font.cab I provided !!!

.cab is perfect, thanks :)