Totally agree with you, some fonts I cannot even imagine how on earth you can put it on your phone, or even pay for it! They really should add more "classic" fonts, we don′t all have crazy looking unreadable phones...
#mono_ version 2.1 [NO-ROOT] Originally, I developed mono_ as an alternative to smartswitch/scloud for sideloading the flipfonts. Now, I present you version 2 with all the features that you guys requested. Flipfont sideloader + OneUI Special...
This works on my Galaxy S20 ultra and should work on all S20 style phones and Samsung devices running Android 10 One UI.
Download monofonts zip,extract zip.find #mono_1.0 apk. install,create monofonts folder with all apks. Inside,place folder in internal storage,open mono app,you should see a list of different font apks.install as many as you want they should all work except for Aladdin apk.Once you install separate font apks.go to your settings,Display,Font style and they should show up in the list,click on whatever font style you installed and your font should change,Hopefully this works for anybody interested in having more than 3 or 4 fonts to choose from in there phone.
The spoiler section describes the old method of installing a custom font, before the release of Mono Installer 2.1 which automates a lot of the process. I keep the older instructions just for reference.
First we're gonna prepare the new circerounded.apk file with your own TTF file:
1. Install Apk Editor, launch it
2. "Select an Apk File", browse to the circerounded_original.apk file, select it and choose "Simple Edit (FILE REPLACEMENT)"
3. Browse into assets -> fonts and touch the left icon in front of the CirceRounded.ttf file, it should show a "Select a file to replace it" dialog
4. Browse to your TTF file and select it
5. Press the Save button on the bottom
6. Once finished, open a file manager, browse into Internal Storage -> ApkEditor -> tmp and rename the file gen_signed.apk into circerounded.apk (This is the file you'll need in the next steps).
7. Now to install it, you can choose any of the two following methods, zFont3 or Mono installer.
zFont 3 Method: The following steps are the very same than the original thread (just use your own apk instead of the one provided of course):
1. Install zFont 3 from Play store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.htetznaing.zfont2 -> Tab Home -> Download, install and Change to CirceRounded font (maybe line 246).
2. Go to Settings on device -> Backup (Samsung Cloud) -> Choose Settings Only -> Backup.
3. Display -> Font size & Font style -> Choose Default or Samsung One font.
4. Uninstall Circe Rounded font from Settings-> Apps.
5. Go to Settings of MyFile then enable show hidden files.
6. Delete file circerounded.apk on zFont->.ONE_UI folder.
7. Copy new file circerounded.apk (from ApkEditor) to zFont->.ONE_UI folder.
8. Go to zFont app-> Tab Home-> find and install CirceRounded font again.
9. Go to Settings on device -> Restore (Samsung Cloud) -> Choose Settings Only -> Restore -> Done (No need go to Display -> Font size & Font style to change font, it will change automatically when restore complete).
Mono installer method:
1. Download and install Mono flipfont installer from this thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...v2-0-for-samsung-oneui-1-2-3-no-root.4195613/
2. Create a folder named "monofonts" at the root of your internal storage, and put the circerounded_original.apk and your custom font apk that you've made in the previous steps.
3. Open Mono installer, install the original font and change your system font to CirceRounded
4. Go to Settings on device -> Backup (Samsung Cloud) -> Choose Settings Only -> Backup.
5. Display -> Font size & Font style -> Choose Default or Samsung One font.
6. Uninstall Circe Rounded font from Settings-> Apps.
7. Get back to Mono installer, and this time install your custom font (don't apply it)
8. Go to Settings on device -> Restore (Samsung Cloud) -> Choose Settings Only -> Restore -> Done (No need go to Display -> Font size & Font style to change font, it will change automatically when restore complete).
And there you go!
Thanks to @__TrungDK__ for the Backup & Restore trick (this is what "forces" the new font to be applied even if it's not signed by Samsung) and @sathishtony for updating Mono Installer.
Attached: My S20+ OneUI 3.0 with SegoeUI, the original apk for Google Sans, and my apk for SegoeUI.