• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Accessories For anyone struggling to get a good screen protector for their Poco F3

Search This thread

festor

Jun 4, 2013
I prefer tempered glass protectors. The factory fitted one is fine but had started to lift very slightly at one corner and just doesn’t quite feel as nice as glass. I think glass gives more protection too.

I luckily found a glass protector that fits well (link below). Unlike the other 4 others I tried first, it seems to have been designed and actually tested on an F3. It comes with a handy fitting frame which is crucial given the slightly inclined screen edges. It also has a nice rear camera protector made from the same glass and not film like some others. It’s not perfect because of the gutter dust trap, but the heavily rounded edges give a real quality feel. It goes well with a nillkin frosted shield case that sits just slightly higer than the glass for extra protection, see attached images.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08XQB39M2

The next 3 were terrible. All oversized with no hope of bonding at the edges. The hole for the selfie cam is also way too big. It seems others had similar issues but it's buried with X3 and M3 reviews.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002097368957.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002351810503.html
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0912JWNCR

This next one appeared to be made from plastic and also the wrong size. No scratch resistance and the edges felt terrible. It was blank packaging though so might have been a stock error.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B09124QQ8K

1.png2.png3.png4.png

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
I just looked and it's slim pickers.
My favorite IQ Sheild has zip for this model.
I like it because it's a wet apply one that lasts and is easy to install.

festor

Jun 4, 2013
Too many no name brand, bad quality screen protectors out there.

Just order the Nillkin screen protector alongside a Nillkin case and call it a day.
You say this like it’s a given that they are good. I had one on a Redmi Note 5 a while back and it cracked if you looked at it the wrong way :LOL: The only Nillkin screen protector I could find at the time had a black frame and reviews said it cut into the screen and the camera protector had no hole for the mic.

I think a lot of these protectors were designed without seeing the phone in the flesh and going on dimensions only. All the early phone reviews and info I saw said the F3 has a flat screen, but there is a slight bevel at the edge.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pharetra

Pharetra

Sep 23, 2014

Just order the Nillkin screen protector alongside a Nillkin case and call it a day.

Can't recommend it. I received the Nillkin tempered glass about a month ago and a large chunk at the top was chipped off last week. Never dropped the phone and had a case with a cover on it from the start, while not putting it anywhere near keys or something. It's quite an expensive protector and not worth it at all if it does indeed break by just looking at it, like the poster above said.

It's a shame because I had good experiences with Nillkin about 6 years ago, but this is just embarrassing for the price and service (no reply from Nillkin of course).

Reactions: festor

Nemix77

Nov 11, 2011
Toronto
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Xiaomi Poco F3
You say this like it’s a given that they are good. I had one on a Redmi Note 5 a while back and it cracked if you looked at it the wrong way :LOL: The only Nillkin screen protector I could find at the time had a black frame and reviews said it cut into the screen and the camera protector had no hole for the mic.

I think a lot of these protectors were designed without seeing the phone in the flesh and going on dimensions only. All the early phone reviews and info I saw said the F3 has a flat screen, but there is a slight bevel at the edge.

I'm not saying Nillkin protectors are guaranteed to be good, in fact this is going to be my first time ordering one.

All I'm saying is, you'll probably waste a lot more time and money trying to find a good screen protector in a sea of bad to just average quality ones when you're probably better off buying a brand that has a bit more reputation.

When you go to buy a TV, why do you choose bigger brands over smaller brands?

For the very same reason, brand recognition and what the brand stands for most likely quality, features, value or all of the above.

Chances are you're not going to buy an off brand TV simply because you do not know how reliable the brand is and do to deal with the problems that might come along with it despite how much value that off brand offers.

Now comparing a big purchase like a TV to a screen protector that costs almost nothing in comparison is a bit unfair, but the point is the average consumer does not want to deal with problems after they've purchased a product and that's exactly what brand recognition is for.

It takes lots of marketing, advertising and consumer support for companies to build a trust relationship with their consumers, but after they've achieved that goal, their brand is usually associated with the reliable services and products they provide to their consumers.

festor

Jun 4, 2013
I'm not saying Nillkin protectors are guaranteed to be good, in fact this is going to be my first time ordering one.

All I'm saying is, you'll probably waste a lot more time and money trying to find a good screen protector in a sea of bad to just average quality ones when you're probably better off buying a brand that has a bit more reputation.

For the very same reason, brand recognition and what the brand stands for most likely quality, features, value or all of the above.

Chances are you're not going to buy an off brand TV simply because you do not know how reliable the brand is and do to deal with the problems that might come along with it despite how much value that off brand offers.

Now comparing a big purchase like a TV to a screen protector that costs almost nothing in comparison is a bit unfair, but the point is the average consumer does not want to deal with problems after they've purchased a product and that's exactly what brand recognition is for.

It takes lots of marketing, advertising and consumer support for companies to build a trust relationship with their consumers, but after they've achieved that goal, their brand is usually associated with the reliable services and products they provide to their consumers.
I was going by my previous experience of their quality and by current reviews. Cost is almost meaningless at that price and it’s why I ordered lots of makes. I like most of their cases, but don’t rate their screen protectors. Cheap phone accessories like these are normally batches made under contract and quality varies dramatically for any brand... unless it’s from an OEM.

I hope your first one works out though (y)

Reactions: Nemix77

festor

Jun 4, 2013
Or if you're in asia I recommend IBYWIND
I actually tried to get one of them but they were sold out on amazon and I couldn’t find them on ebay or aliexpress. Would love feedback from somebody using one. Great reviews and the description is good “The screen protector is smaller than the device's screen due to POCO F3 5G/Redmi K40/Redmi K40 Pro curved edges design”:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ibywind-Protector-Material-Including-Install/dp/B091YKMD8L

The fitting video looks good too:

After trying a few now I think I might prefer the full cover with no notch or hole though.

Abaddon

I actually tried to get one of them but they were sold out on amazon and I couldn’t find them on ebay or aliexpress. Would love feedback from somebody using one. Great reviews and the description is good “The screen protector is smaller than the device's screen due to POCO F3 5G/Redmi K40/Redmi K40 Pro curved edges design”:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ibywind-Protector-Material-Including-Install/dp/B091YKMD8L

After trying a few now I think I might prefer the full cover with no notch or hole though.

I actually have it on my devices including the F3. been buying IBYWIND since I had a Oneplus 6T.
It's the best for it's price. the installation is quite the same as the one you posted at the OP which is quite similar too so I guess their quality is similar?. What I like about this is it has a free carbon film for the back the camera protectos looks really nice as I have the white phone.

I bought mine on Lazada and is available at Shopee too. sadly these stores ship to Specific Asian countries.
I tried searching for it at Amazon, eBay or AliExpress but to no avail.

Yeah I prefer the one with a hole on my end tho as it kinda degrades my front cam quality at times imo lol

Reactions: festor

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just ended trying all the screen protector named in this thread: no one fits my poco f3 without leaving a small border where it doesn't stick to display..
    I prefer tempered glass protectors. The factory fitted one is fine but had started to lift very slightly at one corner and just doesn’t quite feel as nice as glass. I think glass gives more protection too.

I luckily found a glass protector that fits well (link below). Unlike the other 4 others I tried first, it seems to have been designed and actually tested on an F3. It comes with a handy fitting frame which is crucial given the slightly inclined screen edges. It also has a nice rear camera protector made from the same glass and not film like some others. It’s not perfect because of the gutter dust trap, but the heavily rounded edges give a real quality feel. It goes well with a nillkin frosted shield case that sits just slightly higer than the glass for extra protection, see attached images.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08XQB39M2

The next 3 were terrible. All oversized with no hope of bonding at the edges. The hole for the selfie cam is also way too big. It seems others had similar issues but it's buried with X3 and M3 reviews.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002097368957.html
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002351810503.html
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0912JWNCR

This next one appeared to be made from plastic and also the wrong size. No scratch resistance and the edges felt terrible. It was blank packaging though so might have been a stock error.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B09124QQ8K

1.png2.png3.png4.png

Can't recommend it. I received the Nillkin tempered glass about a month ago and a large chunk at the top was chipped off last week. Never dropped the phone and had a case with a cover on it from the start, while not putting it anywhere near keys or something. It's quite an expensive protector and not worth it at all if it does indeed break by just looking at it, like the poster above said.

It's a shame because I had good experiences with Nillkin about 6 years ago, but this is just embarrassing for the price and service (no reply from Nillkin of course).

I was going by my previous experience of their quality and by current reviews. Cost is almost meaningless at that price and it’s why I ordered lots of makes. I like most of their cases, but don’t rate their screen protectors. Cheap phone accessories like these are normally batches made under contract and quality varies dramatically for any brand... unless it’s from an OEM.

I hope your first one works out though (y)

I actually have it on my devices including the F3. been buying IBYWIND since I had a Oneplus 6T.
    It's the best for it's price. the installation is quite the same as the one you posted at the OP which is quite similar too so I guess their quality is similar?. What I like about this is it has a free carbon film for the back the camera protectos looks really nice as I have the white phone.

I bought mine on Lazada and is available at Shopee too. sadly these stores ship to Specific Asian countries.
    I tried searching for it at Amazon, eBay or AliExpress but to no avail.

Yeah I prefer the one with a hole on my end tho as it kinda degrades my front cam quality at times imo lol