For kicks...We need a *Troll Alert* icon added! Please vote

Search This thread

MRCANNADY

Mar 13, 2009
Hey fellow Prime owners!! After reading Gary's recent thread (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1537260), I think that XDA should create a Troll Alert icon so that we can flag certain users who have been known to post continuously negative/suspicious comments about the Primes. For example..post where for days the newest firmware would receive all positive posts, then you have one user who post a negative comment, followed by 3 to 4 *me too* post exactly right after the negative post..or the classic, " I am on my 5th RMA" etc etc..if we can mark certain people with the *Troll Alert* icon, new users can go back and check the members posting history before believing every word they say. Note, I am not really talking about people who post negative comments, as they are entitled to if they have real issues, I meant from members who post *questionable* comments..

So lets vote..we want a troll Alert Icon!!! :p:p:p:D

P.S. If this thread offends you, then it may be possible that you are such the troll we all know and love :)

Last edited:

demandarin

Apr 7, 2010
Alexandria, Va
I agree. But not just people who post negative comments. Some are entitled to feeling displeased if unsatisfied with their device. There are ways to tell the difference though. The trolls will make themselves obvious. Its like an addiction to them. They can't stop and let it be. I've been trying hard to ignore them. Ill give them benefit of doubt and take them off ignore list. Only to see them still acting childish n such when no one even mentioning their name. Its really about learning how to properly communicate. If you can't communicate your viewpoint or displeasure with device without acting childish, dumb, name calling, or whatever, then they have issues. These will be the ones more likely to be trolling. They like a child throwing a temper tantrum. Overly dramatic over silly stuff.

I'm over it though. They building up the proof day by day for grounds of ban.

I'm with you on the troll alert icon though. That would be funny to see on someone signature.

MRCANNADY

Mar 13, 2009
I agree. But not just people who post negative comments. Some are entitled to feeling displeased if unsatisfied with their device. There are ways to tell the difference though. The trolls will make themselves obvious. Its like an addiction to them. They can't stop and let it be. I've been trying hard to ignore them. Ill give them benefit of doubt and take them off ignore list. Only to see them still acting childish n such when no one even mentioning their name. Its really about learning how to properly communicate. If you can't communicate your viewpoint or displeasure with device without acting childish, dumb, name calling, or whatever, then they have issues. These will be the ones more likely to be trolling. They like a child throwing a temper tantrum. Overly dramatic over silly stuff.

I'm over it though. They building up the proof day by day for grounds of ban.

I'm with you on the troll alert icon though. That would be funny to see on someone signature.

I updated my post, thank you. Yes, a troll icon would be funny!! heck, I would laugh if someone posted the icon under one of my comments!

Lock-N-Load

Aug 25, 2010
Under Your Skin
icon_troll.gif

troll.gif

here you go :)

undercover

Oct 10, 2010
London, UK
Nice one.
You can add me to the list, of trolls I mean, I was accused of trolling when I mentioned my opinion.

It's very subjective here, who's troll and who's not. It's easy to call someone something without actually considering the reason.

So always remember, there are obvious trolls, not obvious trolls, and people who might sound like trolls but not be trolls.

And yeah, I do see the funny side of this thread :D

Just trolling.... I mean strolling past......

Sent throught the wormhole from my CoinInserted Sensation OG.

Reactions: demandarin

benefit14snake

Dec 23, 2011
Henrico, VA
I disagree, I'm on my 6th Rma as we speak. We NEED a place to start thread after thread about the same thing on a developers forum. I hate Asus, I already got a refund after 8 rmas but I'm still mad. Ughh grrr troll troll troll.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

MRCANNADY

Mar 13, 2009
I disagree, I'm on my 6th Rma as we speak. We NEED a place to start thread after thread about the same thing on a developers forum. I hate Asus, I already got a refund after 8 rmas but I'm still mad. Ughh grrr troll troll troll.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Where is that damn troll button when you need it!!!

ok, I see 6 RMA's, 6.. can I get a seven, seven RMA's anybody??? :p

MRCANNADY

Mar 13, 2009
Nice one.
You can add me to the list, of trolls I mean, I was accused of trolling when I mentioned my opinion.

It's very subjective here, who's troll and who's not. It's easy to call someone something without actually considering the reason.

So always remember, there are obvious trolls, not obvious trolls, and people who might sound like trolls but not be trolls.

You are not a troll, you don't display the symptoms of Trollism! Unless you have a wacky story about Asus and how they sent you free stuff, or if Asus sent Gary to your home to wack you etc...crazy stories like these are symptoms of Trollism

MRCANNADY

Mar 13, 2009
7 returns here.....

Ok I see 7 RMA's that's seven, do i hear eight, anyone with eight??

Just trying to lighten the mood guys, let's hope the two week *surprise* from Asus is an updated device that we all need and will get as a trade in..Recall!!

undercover

Oct 10, 2010
London, UK
That's the best identification of a troll so far... LOL...

Cool! So, how many returns indicate a troll? 2,5,7?

That's so wrong, he is not a Troll, he just likes to return Primes for fun! :D

I wonder after 8 returns, if they put you on the *Do NOT RMA from this Person* list...
7 returns.

And yeah, I do it for fun. It's sooo funny wasting petrol and time, soooo funny watch my boys disappointed face when I tell him it has to go back, after the effort he puts in his games. Hilarious!

I know you were joking mate, no worries. Just trying to point out to other people that its no fun going through that many returns.
Oh, and my wife thinks I'm nuts ( I'm starting to agree here)

blackinjun

Jul 8, 2008
Washington DC
My last thread said I thing the IPAD3 (and 2) are better than the prime. How do you reconcile that 400 post thread with my signature?

HHHMMMMMMMMMM

shinzz

Dec 18, 2011
This thread is really unnecessary.. & should be "locked". Even as a joke, but this has all the making for "personal" attacks .... & it shouldn't be tolerated.

GernBlanston

Mar 29, 2011
Bear, DE
What symbol will we use for the Asus shills, then?:D

You know, the guys who show up at every unresolved issue thread with (just some of my favorites):

1. "Your GPS is fine because I don't use my own, therefore you have nothing to complain about...and Asus says it doesn't exist, anyway."
2. "Your wifi is fine because mine works fine, therefore yours is fine. I tested mine, I have three bars in my garage, and you should, too!"
3. "All tablets slow wifi to 1 kbs when bluetooth is enabled, my wife's iPad does the same exact thing!"
4. "Your bluetooth is fine! But I don't use bluetooth, myself."
5. "You're obviously an Apple spy, sent by decree of Steve Jobs from beyond the grave!"
6. "You're obviously just a bum who found out he couldn't afford an elite tablet like the Prime, but bought one anyway, unlike me, who can easily afford one!"
7. "All these people are posting about the same problem, after a firmware update...must be "me too!" Iguana-trolls! The fact these posts show up rapidly after the first one hits just couldn't be related to the first post coming up in a google or forum search and attracting others with the same problem, much the same way every post on every topic in every forum works, could it?"
8. "You guys need to stop complaining, or you'll scare the Asus marketing guy away!"

Last edited:

undercover

Oct 10, 2010
London, UK
Thank you, for a very good laugh. :D
See, there are two sides of the coin.

scsurface1

Oct 30, 2010
NO RMA's here......I LOVE MY PRIME. Sorry for everyone who weren't as lucky.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey fellow Prime owners!! After reading Gary's recent thread (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1537260), I think that XDA should create a Troll Alert icon so that we can flag certain users who have been known to post continuously negative/suspicious comments about the Primes. For example..post where for days the newest firmware would receive all positive posts, then you have one user who post a negative comment, followed by 3 to 4 *me too* post exactly right after the negative post..or the classic, " I am on my 5th RMA" etc etc..if we can mark certain people with the *Troll Alert* icon, new users can go back and check the members posting history before believing every word they say. Note, I am not really talking about people who post negative comments, as they are entitled to if they have real issues, I meant from members who post *questionable* comments..

So lets vote..we want a troll Alert Icon!!! :p:p:p:D

P.S. If this thread offends you, then it may be possible that you are such the troll we all know and love :)
    What symbol will we use for the Asus shills, then?:D

You know, the guys who show up at every unresolved issue thread with (just some of my favorites):

1. "Your GPS is fine because I don't use my own, therefore you have nothing to complain about...and Asus says it doesn't exist, anyway."
    2. "Your wifi is fine because mine works fine, therefore yours is fine. I tested mine, I have three bars in my garage, and you should, too!"
    3. "All tablets slow wifi to 1 kbs when bluetooth is enabled, my wife's iPad does the same exact thing!"
    4. "Your bluetooth is fine! But I don't use bluetooth, myself."
    5. "You're obviously an Apple spy, sent by decree of Steve Jobs from beyond the grave!"
    6. "You're obviously just a bum who found out he couldn't afford an elite tablet like the Prime, but bought one anyway, unlike me, who can easily afford one!"
    7. "All these people are posting about the same problem, after a firmware update...must be "me too!" Iguana-trolls! The fact these posts show up rapidly after the first one hits just couldn't be related to the first post coming up in a google or forum search and attracting others with the same problem, much the same way every post on every topic in every forum works, could it?"
    8. "You guys need to stop complaining, or you'll scare the Asus marketing guy away!"
    Nice one.

Lol! Which thread??? Point him to this one :D:D

he was in the Ipad thread cheerleading off a comment. not feeding the trolls does work. they lose their interest. imbsure he read this thread n Gary new one. if he smart, he'll stay away from them before someone call him out on wasting Gary time and therefore causing people who really have issues to have help delayed. its like chasing down false leads. wasting time doing that when other people with real issues could've been helped.