Question For new Pixel 6, not pro, owners- what phone are you coming from?

Search This thread

boe323

Jun 22, 2012
Burton on Trent
I came from the painfully slow af motog5 5gplus, boy i suffered for ages with that thing. From sleep to getting intot he phone app it took just over a minute

cowboy_bebop

Jul 3, 2010
Karlovac
Coming from Pixel 3XL. I wanted a more repairable Pixel phone with a bigger battery.
So far, the speakers seem a bit weaker compared to 3XL's.

I was really happy to see that screen replacement is a breeze, and battery replacement is just moderately difficult. I hope that this practice becomes standard for all future Pixel devices. Pixel 3XL was terrible in that regard.

Demenso3

Apr 23, 2011
Moscow
Switched from iphone 6s plus, used it for 4 years. First impressions. The fingerprint does not work well and auto-brightness does not work very well. I had to turn it off and adjust the brightness manually.

OP6T and I am happy. Phone is a little bigger and I keep hitting the volume buttons rather than the power button. I am still getting it set the way I want it, but overall I am very happy. My wife just ordered her's. She is coming from an OP5T. She kept her 5T locked where my 6T was unlocked and running Pixel Exp. Battery seems good. Camera is good, but as a Photog, if I need real pics, I am breaking out the DSLR.

coming from my oneplus 5t that has gotten so slow and battery efficiency of 77% that doesnt last long enough.

But there are plenty f features that i miss from my oneplus 5t.

things i miss:
- headphone jack
- notification LED
- Physical alert slider
- Off-screen gestures (i had the V pattern set to turn on flashlight)
- double tap on lockscreen to turn off screen
- picking phone up showed a clock and notifications on black screen (the one on the pixel simply wakes the screen back to the lockscreen)

I would have gone with a oneplus 10pro just to keep oxygenOS, but it's pricy, build quality not up to par, and oxygenOS is changing for the worse since the OPPO merger.

What i do like from the pixel from my 2 days usage(i got it yesterday :p):
- it's blazing fast, but that's normal coming from a nearly 5yr old phone.
- screen is gorgeous, love that 20:9 aspect ratio
- camera is amazing( this is the MAIN reason i got this phone, no other phone at this price range can do better)

That said, i'll keep the oneplus 5t around as a secondary device. will use it to fly my dji mini drone and possibly use it as a psp emulator.

Only time will tell if i regret the pixel 6 or not.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Pixel 3a XL. Nearly identical overall size, but the P6 screen is much bigger (smaller bezels) and nicer. Overall the camera performance is slightly better, but having the wide angle lens is really nice. I also believe that Google will continue to tweak the software for the new camera chip and make the performance better over time. The fact that they were able to match the performance of the older camera chip (that they have been tweaking on for 3+ years) on release day is pretty amazing.

I've always purchased mid-price phones. I simply cannot bring myself to spend $1000 or more on a phone that regardless of how good it is, will need to be replaced in a few years. The price difference between the Pixel "A" series phone and the P6 was small enough and the extra features of the P6 were good enough that I decided it was worth the extra money to buy the P6. I would not however spend the extra $$ on a P6P over a P6.

I'm 100% satisfied with my upgrade and would make the same decision again after using the P6 since release day.

PS - I have zero issues with the finger print reader. I'm not running a screen protector at this time (but would like to). I have only saved each finger once as well as there has been no need to save it multiple times. I probably have a 95% first scan success rate.
    OP6T and OP8T. Great hardware. I was tired of waiting for updates.
    I'm in the mix to possibly buy a P6 , but I'm curious what phone you're leaving behind. Plus, how has the new phone compared or not?
    Lg Wing. Only because my hand was forced due to no more support. The phone itself was great. I hate Samsung and Apple. Motorola is basically garbage. One plus is too expensive for what I'm willing to pay, after a year on TMobile the 9pro was still above 1000. This left me with this phone as the only other reasonable choice. I am not the biggest fan so far.