• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[FOR NEWBS]Ultimate Guide for Desire C[PERM ROOT]

Did this work for you?

• YES

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • NO

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Search This thread

ExonakiDev

Feb 16, 2013
Mumbai
This thread was created as a tutorial on how to unlock the bootloader and root your phone which is the HTC Desire C.I know there is already a tutorial on how to unlock your bootloader and root your phone by AirCombat but you see this tutorial is far simpler and is for total newbs and lazy people(like me) who dont want to type long commands!:DHere you go:
Post#1-Unlocking your bootloader
Post#2-Flashing a recovery
Post#3-Rooting your phone
Post#4-Hall of Fame

Caution before proceeding:
Your all personal data on internal storage will be erased due to security reasons.

Unlocking Your Bootloader:

What you need:
1.HTC Desire C
2.Internet Connection
3.Hasson2000's desire c all in one toolkit
4.Micro usb to usb cable
5.A PC(windows)[mac and linux are still not supported till now]

Note-Make sure you have usb debugging enabled in developer options and fastboot disabled in the power menu in setting of your HTC Desire C.On every step the All In One toolkit gives you instructions so dont worry.

Once you have downloaded this simple utility tool by hasson2000 named 'HTC Desire C Toolkit' from here:http://d-h.st/users/hasoon2000/?fld_id=2808
Connect your phone with the help of a usb cable then extract the archive and run the file named 'Desire C'.Screenshot provided by hasoon2000:
zn0akm.png

It would be same just the name would be desire c all in one toolkit.....
Now this where the toolkit comes into use.On the top left of the window you will see a white box in which there are five options listed in the order-
1.Install HTC drivers
2.Register at HTC Dev
3.Get token ID
4.Submit token ID
5.Unlock Bootloader

Complete the steps in the following order by clicking on a step and then hitting go.In the last step after you click on unlock bootloader and press go your phone will go into bootloader mode,then follow the onscreen instructions thereafter.After you have done these steps you would have a unlocked bootloader!:cool: VOILA!
Thumbnail:

Attachments

• Capture2.jpg
    Capture2.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 7,257
Last edited:

ExonakiDev

Feb 16, 2013
Mumbai
Post#2-CWM Recovery

Post#2-Flashing a Recovery:
Firstly connect your phone with the help of a usb cable and make sure you have usb debugging enabled and fastboot disabled in the settings menu of your phone.[If you dont understand this refer to the note I wrote in the first post of this thread]
In this case I am using the famous CWM Recovery.
Then open the file 'Desire C' from the extracted toolkit.Then on the top right corner of the window there would be a white box in which there would be an option named 'ClockWorkMod'.Select it and click on flash recovery.your phone would go into bootloader mode and install the recovery itself!!!:)
After your phone reboots you have a fully working CWM recovery!Congratulations!:angel:
Screenshot provided[Attachment]:

Attachments

• Capture3.jpg
    Capture3.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 1,866
Last edited:

ExonakiDev

Feb 16, 2013
Mumbai
Post#3-Root your Desire C:

Post#3-Rooting your phone:
Note-Make sure you have usb debugging enabled and fastboot disabled in the settings menu of your phone and connect your phone to your pc with the help of usb cable.
To root your phone open the file 'Desire C' from the extracted archive.There would be a white box on the right down corner of the window[refer to thumbnail for more detail].In that white box there would be an option named 'perm root'.Select it and click on run....the process will start.After the process has completed your phone will reboot.Dont be surprised if it takes a little more time to boot as the phone is installing the SU...!and there boy you ARE ROOTED!!!!!!!!:good::laugh:

Attachments

• Capture4.jpg
    Capture4.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 2,122

ExonakiDev

Feb 16, 2013
Mumbai
Post#4-Hall of Fame:

Post#4-Hall of Fame:
First and most I would thank Hasoon2000 for creating this amazing all in one toolkit.And believe I didnt even cover 50% of what the toolkit is capable of!:cowboy:
If you guys have any confusion regarding this tutorial I will be happy to post screenshots for you......

ExonakiDev

Feb 16, 2013
Mumbai
Re: [NEWBS](Easiest)How to UNLOCK BOOTLOADER/CWM/ROOT your Desire C(One Click Method)

It should work absolutely after all its windows!

Sent from my HTC Desire C using xda app-developers app

russell664

Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere you can't imagine...
Re: [NEWBS](Easiest)How to UNLOCK BOOTLOADER/CWM/ROOT your Desire C(One Click Method)

I am running windows 8, things are harder to make the drivers work. However, I think this has been resolved in the HTC sync manager driver installer.

Sent from my HTC Desire C using xda premium

ExonakiDev

Feb 16, 2013
Mumbai
I am running windows 8, things are harder to make the drivers work. However, I think this has been resolved in the HTC sync manager driver installer.

Sent from my HTC Desire C using xda premium
So now does it work?I personally use windows 7.....And I hope this tutorial is useful to all you guys out there especially newbies and lazy people!:laugh:

whoamigriffiths

Oct 18, 2012
Behind You
You know you could have just bumped the threads you took this info from :p:p:p

If you really want to help us on this forum , drag your arse to this thread and add your support :good:

Good to see you again codexblack , though I wish you two would make up and be friends again. Your support in the above thread would be greatly appreciated too ;)

all the best rich :)

ExonakiDev

Feb 16, 2013
Mumbai
i sent them mails already!

@whoamigriffiths-I already sent them enough mails and they just day that they can't tell us exactly when the modules will be posted! And they tell me to be in touch with htc Dev site!?wtf!!

Reactions: whoamigriffiths

whoamigriffiths

Oct 18, 2012
Behind You
@whoamigriffiths-I already sent them enough mails and they just day that they can't tell us exactly when the modules will be posted! And they tell me to be in touch with htc Dev site!?wtf!!

If you had read the thread you would know that is exactly the response we have been waiting for lol :p
If you have any emails from them saying that could you please post the response in the thread ?

neoyoli

Dec 5, 2012
www.zoltankarpati.co.uk
AAh yes mail to htc eh. Of course ill do it.
BTW isnt this tool already posted on desire c development thread?
Yes, it wasn't necessary at all. More then that we have 2 threads already dealing with unlocking/rooting/flashing, one by AirCombat and one by russell664.
And thanx for mailing BTW:)

This is what the thread is about which whoamigriffiths posted. You can make yourself useful there:good:

Last edited:

ExonakiDev

Feb 16, 2013
Mumbai
Seriously I think there is no use by posting in that thread(no offence though).whats the use?is HTC gonna read that thread?no!we gotta send a wildfire of emails ourselves!

Sent from my HTC Desire C

neoyoli

Dec 5, 2012
www.zoltankarpati.co.uk
No offence, but if you make the effort to read it thorough maybe you will understand the purpose.
If we send emails like an unorganised mob, nobody will take us serious, just like you said the agents keep on with useless answers. The only thing we can do is to keep together.

ExonakiDev

Feb 16, 2013
Mumbai
Hey,
Btw remember utsav or som1 said that HTC replied to him saying that they were providing sense 4.1 and ics 4.0.4 updates!?was it a hoax?

Sent from my HTC Desire C

neoyoli

Dec 5, 2012
www.zoltankarpati.co.uk
I wouldn't say hoax, but it is not a priority for them and they are too mammoth company with a really badly organised customer support, this is why isolated emails don't make too much difference. If we want these things, we have to persuade them as a community.

<CyberAnarchy>

Jan 29, 2013
Mumbai
I wouldn't say hoax, but it is not a priority for them and they are too mammoth company with a really badly organised customer support, this is why isolated emails don't make too much difference. If we want these things, we have to persuade them as a community.

Hmm im working on sense 4.1 for pico, maybe we could port it to desire c later?
And P.S:, isnt this thread going a bit offtopic now?
lets stay on topic to avoid infractions

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread was created as a tutorial on how to unlock the bootloader and root your phone which is the HTC Desire C.I know there is already a tutorial on how to unlock your bootloader and root your phone by AirCombat but you see this tutorial is far simpler and is for total newbs and lazy people(like me) who dont want to type long commands!:DHere you go:
    Post#1-Unlocking your bootloader
    Post#2-Flashing a recovery
    Post#3-Rooting your phone
    Post#4-Hall of Fame

Caution before proceeding:
    Your all personal data on internal storage will be erased due to security reasons.

Unlocking Your Bootloader:

What you need:
    1.HTC Desire C
    2.Internet Connection
    3.Hasson2000's desire c all in one toolkit
    4.Micro usb to usb cable
    5.A PC(windows)[mac and linux are still not supported till now]

Note-Make sure you have usb debugging enabled in developer options and fastboot disabled in the power menu in setting of your HTC Desire C.On every step the All In One toolkit gives you instructions so dont worry.

Once you have downloaded this simple utility tool by hasson2000 named 'HTC Desire C Toolkit' from here:http://d-h.st/users/hasoon2000/?fld_id=2808
    Connect your phone with the help of a usb cable then extract the archive and run the file named 'Desire C'.Screenshot provided by hasoon2000:
    zn0akm.png

It would be same just the name would be desire c all in one toolkit.....
    Now this where the toolkit comes into use.On the top left of the window you will see a white box in which there are five options listed in the order-
    1.Install HTC drivers
    2.Register at HTC Dev
    3.Get token ID
    4.Submit token ID
    5.Unlock Bootloader

Complete the steps in the following order by clicking on a step and then hitting go.In the last step after you click on unlock bootloader and press go your phone will go into bootloader mode,then follow the onscreen instructions thereafter.After you have done these steps you would have a unlocked bootloader!:cool: VOILA!
    Thumbnail:
    Post#2-CWM Recovery

Post#2-Flashing a Recovery:
    Firstly connect your phone with the help of a usb cable and make sure you have usb debugging enabled and fastboot disabled in the settings menu of your phone.[If you dont understand this refer to the note I wrote in the first post of this thread]
    In this case I am using the famous CWM Recovery.
    Then open the file 'Desire C' from the extracted toolkit.Then on the top right corner of the window there would be a white box in which there would be an option named 'ClockWorkMod'.Select it and click on flash recovery.your phone would go into bootloader mode and install the recovery itself!!!:)
    After your phone reboots you have a fully working CWM recovery!Congratulations!:angel:
    Screenshot provided[Attachment]:
    Post#3-Root your Desire C:

Post#3-Rooting your phone:
    Note-Make sure you have usb debugging enabled and fastboot disabled in the settings menu of your phone and connect your phone to your pc with the help of usb cable.
    To root your phone open the file 'Desire C' from the extracted archive.There would be a white box on the right down corner of the window[refer to thumbnail for more detail].In that white box there would be an option named 'perm root'.Select it and click on run....the process will start.After the process has completed your phone will reboot.Dont be surprised if it takes a little more time to boot as the phone is installing the SU...!and there boy you ARE ROOTED!!!!!!!!:good::laugh:
    Post#4-Hall of Fame:

Post#4-Hall of Fame:
    First and most I would thank Hasoon2000 for creating this amazing all in one toolkit.And believe I didnt even cover 50% of what the toolkit is capable of!:cowboy:
    If you guys have any confusion regarding this tutorial I will be happy to post screenshots for you......
    You know you could have just bumped the threads you took this info from :p:p:p

If you really want to help us on this forum , drag your arse to this thread and add your support :good:

Good to see you again codexblack , though I wish you two would make up and be friends again. Your support in the above thread would be greatly appreciated too ;)

all the best rich :)