Did this work for you?

• YES

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • NO

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Search This thread
Nov 20, 2013
Works, u do not need to be an expert to get it to work. You just have to keep at it. Though you cannot manage back ups, delete a previous back up. At last! Need a rom for over-clocking now, may try cynagen....

entermetallica

Jun 10, 2012
Paradise City
When I try to get token ID, It gets stuck at a screen where theres a phone and a red triangle. It doesnt go forward...
And when I open bootloader manually, cmd doesnt detect it. Is it because of S-ON?

Last edited:

me4488

Jan 25, 2013
Sofia
When I try to get token ID, It gets stuck at a screen where theres a phone and a red triangle. It doesnt go forward...
And when I open bootloader manually, cmd doesnt detect it. Is it because of S-ON?

What I suppose is that you enter stock recovery instead of bootloader. When it says "HBoot USB" in blue you have to press your power button once to go into fastboot. Then it should say Fastboot USB. It has nothing to do with S-ON.

Reactions: entermetallica

TA_Kosice

Jan 5, 2014
Problem with flashing recovery

I have problem with flashing recovery. After choosing option CWM phone goes to bootloader menu but then stays in this state and nothing more happens. Here is written it should reboot itself, but it does not work. Where can be problem?

EPURON

Feb 13, 2014
The drivers worked for me but when I went into Get token ID, it showed a phone with a red x on it. What do i have to do? :/

SiqrCarnbon

Feb 7, 2013
Stockholm
It boots into recovery not bootloader
Put phone in boot loader then redo the steps

U Mad?
Click Thanks instead of saying it!
Sent From My Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

RaviTeja Jorigay

Jun 25, 2015
HELP!!!

I have a problem only with the super user and i tried installing it from the kit, but that too didn't work
plzzzzzzzz help

I am able to flash rom but with the device not rooted properly

rui.baeta

Aug 29, 2017
Hi there,
I'm having a timeout error while downloading 'HTC Desire C Toolkit' ...
What's wrong?
Thanks

sloshnmosh

Jun 17, 2017
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread was created as a tutorial on how to unlock the bootloader and root your phone which is the HTC Desire C.I know there is already a tutorial on how to unlock your bootloader and root your phone by AirCombat but you see this tutorial is far simpler and is for total newbs and lazy people(like me) who dont want to type long commands!:DHere you go:
    Post#1-Unlocking your bootloader
    Post#2-Flashing a recovery
    Post#3-Rooting your phone
    Post#4-Hall of Fame

Caution before proceeding:
    Your all personal data on internal storage will be erased due to security reasons.

Unlocking Your Bootloader:

What you need:
    1.HTC Desire C
    2.Internet Connection
    3.Hasson2000's desire c all in one toolkit
    4.Micro usb to usb cable
    5.A PC(windows)[mac and linux are still not supported till now]

Note-Make sure you have usb debugging enabled in developer options and fastboot disabled in the power menu in setting of your HTC Desire C.On every step the All In One toolkit gives you instructions so dont worry.

Once you have downloaded this simple utility tool by hasson2000 named 'HTC Desire C Toolkit' from here:http://d-h.st/users/hasoon2000/?fld_id=2808
    Connect your phone with the help of a usb cable then extract the archive and run the file named 'Desire C'.Screenshot provided by hasoon2000:
    zn0akm.png

It would be same just the name would be desire c all in one toolkit.....
    Now this where the toolkit comes into use.On the top left of the window you will see a white box in which there are five options listed in the order-
    1.Install HTC drivers
    2.Register at HTC Dev
    3.Get token ID
    4.Submit token ID
    5.Unlock Bootloader

Complete the steps in the following order by clicking on a step and then hitting go.In the last step after you click on unlock bootloader and press go your phone will go into bootloader mode,then follow the onscreen instructions thereafter.After you have done these steps you would have a unlocked bootloader!:cool: VOILA!
    Thumbnail:
    Post#2-CWM Recovery

Post#2-Flashing a Recovery:
    Firstly connect your phone with the help of a usb cable and make sure you have usb debugging enabled and fastboot disabled in the settings menu of your phone.[If you dont understand this refer to the note I wrote in the first post of this thread]
    In this case I am using the famous CWM Recovery.
    Then open the file 'Desire C' from the extracted toolkit.Then on the top right corner of the window there would be a white box in which there would be an option named 'ClockWorkMod'.Select it and click on flash recovery.your phone would go into bootloader mode and install the recovery itself!!!:)
    After your phone reboots you have a fully working CWM recovery!Congratulations!:angel:
    Screenshot provided[Attachment]:
    Post#3-Root your Desire C:

Post#3-Rooting your phone:
    Note-Make sure you have usb debugging enabled and fastboot disabled in the settings menu of your phone and connect your phone to your pc with the help of usb cable.
    To root your phone open the file 'Desire C' from the extracted archive.There would be a white box on the right down corner of the window[refer to thumbnail for more detail].In that white box there would be an option named 'perm root'.Select it and click on run....the process will start.After the process has completed your phone will reboot.Dont be surprised if it takes a little more time to boot as the phone is installing the SU...!and there boy you ARE ROOTED!!!!!!!!:good::laugh:
    Post#4-Hall of Fame:

Post#4-Hall of Fame:
    First and most I would thank Hasoon2000 for creating this amazing all in one toolkit.And believe I didnt even cover 50% of what the toolkit is capable of!:cowboy:
    If you guys have any confusion regarding this tutorial I will be happy to post screenshots for you......
    You know you could have just bumped the threads you took this info from :p:p:p

If you really want to help us on this forum , drag your arse to this thread and add your support :good:

Good to see you again codexblack , though I wish you two would make up and be friends again. Your support in the above thread would be greatly appreciated too ;)

all the best rich :)