For People Stuck On Oreo Firmware (Poco F1)

Search This thread

rdjaat

Jan 2, 2021
Let's see if I understand, you were at Oreo, flash this file in fastboot in adb mode, then I didn't understand what you meant by the original firmware?
I'm not using that firmware mentioned in this post I downloaded that from
Let's see if I understand, you were at Oreo, flash this file in fastboot in adb mode, then I didn't understand what you meant by the original firmware?

Reactions: duttyend

Rafael-SJC

Dec 18, 2020
I'm not using that firmware mentioned in this post I downloaded that from

bro, so you have no firmware problem if you can flash any rom without putting this edited fw. In my case if I flash any rom that has firmware inside the zip the phone goes into fastboot.

rdjaat

Jan 2, 2021
bro, so you have no firmware problem if you can flash any rom without putting this edited fw. In my case if I flash any rom that has firmware inside the zip the phone goes into fastboot.
bro trust me just do as I say flash dtbo file through fastboot in running Oreo
then download latest firmware from that site
enjoy...
attaching octavios screenshot below

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210417-093805_Pixel_Launcher.png
    Screenshot_20210417-093805_Pixel_Launcher.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 8

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have seen many people facing this issue where they flashed a OxygenOS rom of different phone ( Due to a idiot youtuber said it can be flashed on all devices )

I recently recieved a POCO F1, with same condition where i cannot update MIUI over Oreo firmware.

So, this guide is for those people who cannot boot any new MIUI other than Oreo OTA

* First make sure you are on Oreo MIUI and your device is working fine.
    * Download Latest MIUI A10 OTA and extract it.
    * From the above latest OTA pick system, vendor and boot images and place them in any folder.
    * Flash system, vendor and boot through fastboot mode using following commands:

fastboot flash system path_to_the_files\system.img

fastboot flash vendor path_to_the_files\vendor.img

fastboot flash boot path_to_the_files\boot.img

* Now Flash lastest recovery for Poco F1 (OOFGang TWRP Suggested ).
    * Boot into twrp and flash this fiirmware only (also attached below).
    * Format Data and reboot.
    * You have A10 MIUI installed.

Notes:
    * Dont do anything other than mentioned step else can hardbrick device.
    * Dont flash any OTA directly on the device either from fastboot or recovery.
    * Dont flash new firmware else you can hardbrick device.
    * After insatlling MIUI A10 you can install any rom without any probllem just make sure they dont include any firmware.

DISCLAIMER NOTICE
    * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...).
    * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
    I wanted to thank you very much for this collaboration, I had this problem for 4 months, I tried everything even edl auth flash and it was not solved, today I followed your procedure and I am now using version 11.0.9 miui, thank you very much !!!!
    I have seen many people facing this issue where they flashed a OxygenOS rom of different phone ( Due to a idiot youtuber said it can be flashed on all devices )

I recently recieved a POCO F1, with same condition where i cannot update MIUI over Oreo firmware.

So, this guide is for those people who cannot boot any new MIUI other than Oreo OTA

* First make sure you are on Oreo MIUI and your device is working fine.
    * Download Latest MIUI A10 OTA and extract it.
    * From the above latest OTA pick system, vendor and boot images and place them in any folder.
    * Flash system, vendor and boot through fastboot mode using following commands:

fastboot flash system path_to_the_files\system.img

fastboot flash vendor path_to_the_files\vendor.img

fastboot flash boot path_to_the_files\boot.img

* Now Flash lastest recovery for Poco F1 (OOFGang TWRP Suggested ).
    * Boot into twrp and flash this fiirmware only (also attached below).
    * Format Data and reboot.
    * You have A10 MIUI installed.

Notes:
    * Dont do anything other than mentioned step else can hardbrick device.
    * Dont flash any OTA directly on the device either from fastboot or recovery.
    * Dont flash new firmware else you can hardbrick device.
    * After insatlling MIUI A10 you can install any rom without any probllem just make sure they dont include any firmware.

DISCLAIMER NOTICE
    * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...).
    * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
    Thank you so much for this awesome guide! I haven't encountered the problem myself but I try to learn new things every day.
    Just a little question: why wouldn't it be possible to flash new firmware (e.g. from https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/firmware/beryllium/) when they are released?
    Thank you so much for this awesome guide! I haven't encountered the problem myself but I try to learn new things every day.
    Just a little question: why wouldn't it be possible to flash new firmware (e.g. from https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/firmware/beryllium/) when they are released?

actually u can upgrade but need to remove 3 files corresponding to the bootloader!
    actually u can upgrade but need to remove 3 files corresponding to the bootloader!
    What are the files? abl.elf , xbl and xbl_config ???