For People Stuck On Oreo Firmware (Poco F1)

Search This thread

vinit99

Jul 3, 2017
New Delhi
I have seen many people facing this issue where they flashed a OxygenOS rom of different phone ( Due to a idiot youtuber said it can be flashed on all devices )

I recently recieved a POCO F1, with same condition where i cannot update MIUI over Oreo firmware.

So, this guide is for those people who cannot boot any new MIUI other than Oreo OTA

* First make sure you are on Oreo MIUI and your device is working fine.
* Download Latest MIUI A10 OTA and extract it.
* From the above latest OTA pick system, vendor and boot images and place them in any folder.
* Flash system, vendor and boot through fastboot mode using following commands:

fastboot flash system path_to_the_files\system.img

fastboot flash vendor path_to_the_files\vendor.img

fastboot flash boot path_to_the_files\boot.img

* Now Flash lastest recovery for Poco F1 (OOFGang TWRP Suggested ).
* Boot into twrp and flash this fiirmware only (also attached below).
* Format Data and reboot.
* You have A10 MIUI installed.

Notes:
* Dont do anything other than mentioned step else can hardbrick device.
* Dont flash any OTA directly on the device either from fastboot or recovery.
* Dont flash new firmware else you can hardbrick device.
* After insatlling MIUI A10 you can install any rom without any probllem just make sure they dont include any firmware.

DISCLAIMER NOTICE
* I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...).
* YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
* Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.

Attachments

• POCOF1_V12.0.3.0_10.0-firmware-only.zip
    91.2 MB · Views: 317

Rafael-SJC

Dec 18, 2020
I wanted to thank you very much for this collaboration, I had this problem for 4 months, I tried everything even edl auth flash and it was not solved, today I followed your procedure and I am now using version 11.0.9 miui, thank you very much !!!!

Reactions: vinit99

duttyend

Dec 18, 2012
Xiaomi Poco F1
Xiaomi Poco F3
I have seen many people facing this issue where they flashed a OxygenOS rom of different phone ( Due to a idiot youtuber said it can be flashed on all devices )

I recently recieved a POCO F1, with same condition where i cannot update MIUI over Oreo firmware.

So, this guide is for those people who cannot boot any new MIUI other than Oreo OTA

* From the above latest OTA pick system, vendor and boot images and place them in any folder.

Notes:
* After insatlling MIUI A10 you can install any rom without any probllem just make sure they dont include any firmware.

DISCLAIMER NOTICE
* I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...).
* YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
* Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
Thank you so much for this awesome guide! I haven't encountered the problem myself but I try to learn new things every day.
Just a little question: why wouldn't it be possible to flash new firmware (e.g. from https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/firmware/beryllium/) when they are released?

Reactions: vinit99

chef.hira

Aug 30, 2015

Notes:

DISCLAIMER NOTICE

Sir, u said miui A10 ota is it mean miui Android 10 ota, if yes then can you send me the link please
I am also stuck in miui10. 8.10.25beta after flashing that bull**** OnePlus rom

Rafael-SJC

Dec 18, 2020
Sir, u said miui A10 ota is it mean miui Android 10 ota, if yes then can you send me the link please
I am also stuck in miui10. 8.10.25beta after flashing that bull**** OnePlus rom
bro, just follow his tutorial, download the extract rom, flash boot, vendor, system dps enter twrp and flash the firmware he put here.

mit_techie

Mar 5, 2015
on flashing system.img it gives error cannot flash system.... while other partitions can be ... and can you please tell is it OTA package or fastboot package that we have to extract to get system files ??

Rafael-SJC

Dec 18, 2020
on flashing system.img it gives error cannot flash system.... while other partitions can be ... and can you please tell is it OTA package or fastboot package that we have to extract to get system files ??

did you put the files inside the adb folder and use the commands with the device in Fastboot? the files have to be extracted from the fastboot version

fastboot flash system system.img

fastboot flash vendor vendor.img

fastboot flash boot boot.img

then go up the twrp and flash the firmware

vinit99

Jul 3, 2017
New Delhi
Reactions: duttyend

mit_techie

Mar 5, 2015
did you put the files inside the adb folder and use the commands with the device in Fastboot? the files have to be extracted from the fastboot version

fastboot flash system system.img

fastboot flash vendor vendor.img

fastboot flash boot boot.img

then go up the twrp and flash the firmware

Just flash abl.elf and then while flashing anyrom just delete abl.elf file from the zip file and it would work fine

Mkuong

Mar 19, 2021
Xiaomi Mi 8

Notes:

DISCLAIMER NOTICE
Bro, i have same problem with my mi 8 devices, i follow u giude: my device working fine with miui global A8; dowload and extract latest MIUI A10 global OTA (.zip file) but don't have system.img and vendor.img, just system.patch and vender too, then i extract a latest fastboot rom and flash vendor, system, boot and it working fine, then i flash latest firmware for mi 8 miui A10. everything lock good but when i format device and :

-reboot system, my devices boot to fastboot mode and can't boot to recovery mode (twrp), i have to flash a old rom again because a new rom with A10 not worked.
-reboot recovery, have same problem like when i reboot system.

can u explain or help me fix this problem, thank you very much.
sorry for my bad english

Last edited:

Mkuong

Mar 19, 2021
Xiaomi Mi 8
I wanted to thank you very much for this collaboration, I had this problem for 4 months, I tried everything even edl auth flash and it was not solved, today I followed your procedure and I am now using version 11.0.9 miui, thank you very much !!!!
can u tell me all step u did, i follow the guides but it not work to me
sorry for my bad english

Helloindia3

Jun 15, 2020
Shimla
Or
We can simply
Replace abl.elf file from miui 12 firmware with miui 9 firmware also when we flash any rom just replace abl.elf or don't flash firmware

For this process no need of miui 9 or 10 rom
Just flash abl.elf file via Fastboot mode

Rafael-SJC

Dec 18, 2020
the dev talked about 3 files to change when updating, when I need a flash rom I just remove the 3 files from the install zip and no problem

Rafael-SJC

Dec 18, 2020
Bro, i have same problem with my mi 8 devices, i follow u giude: my device working fine with miui global A8; dowload and extract latest MIUI A10 global OTA (.zip file) but don't have system.img and vendor.img, just system.patch and vender too, then i extract a latest fastboot rom and flash vendor, system, boot and it working fine, then i flash latest firmware for mi 8 miui A10. everything lock good but when i format device and :

-reboot system, my devices boot to fastboot mode and can't boot to recovery mode (twrp), i have to flash a old rom again because a new rom with A10 not worked.
-reboot recovery, have same problem like when i reboot system.

can u explain or help me fix this problem, thank you very much.
sorry for my bad english
you have to download the .tgz file, where you can find the flash files on the fastboot. Before everything with the cel working releases usb debugging, put the twrp image and the firmware edited in the internal memory. Now you go into fastboot flash the system, vendor and boot .img, and flash twrp. enters recovery twrp flash edited firmware, format data and reboot

Rafael-SJC

Dec 18, 2020
Or
We can simply
Replace abl.elf file from miui 12 firmware with miui 9 firmware also when we flash any rom just replace abl.elf or don't flash firmware

For this process no need of miui 9 or 10 rom
Just flash abl.elf file via Fastboot mode
Bro , this error occurred, can you tell me how to fix it? it was in Miui 12.0.3, this rom does not change the firmware there is nothing in the zip, I did not understand why the error

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-03-22-21-16-19[1].png
    Screenshot_2021-03-22-21-16-19[1].png
    176.5 KB · Views: 79

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Notes:

DISCLAIMER NOTICE

Notes:

DISCLAIMER NOTICE
    Thank you so much for this awesome guide! I haven't encountered the problem myself but I try to learn new things every day.
    Just a little question: why wouldn't it be possible to flash new firmware (e.g. from https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/firmware/beryllium/) when they are released?

actually u can upgrade but need to remove 3 files corresponding to the bootloader!
    actually u can upgrade but need to remove 3 files corresponding to the bootloader!
    What are the files? abl.elf , xbl and xbl_config ???